Copperfield: Not Up to His Old Tricks

11/20/2007 6:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Embattled magician David Copperfield is back on stage at the MGM Grand Hollywood Theatre, but he's changed up his act a little -- thanks to TMZ.

Our spies were in attendance as Copperfield began performing again for the first time since he was accused of rape. But Copperfield's show was different from how it used to be. As TMZ first reported, if Dave is interested in a woman in the crowd, he uses code words to signal assistants -- he used none of them last night.

Copperfield even made light of his recent troubles -- on stage!

For more of the magical lothario, check out TMZ TV tonight.

Shitney, please drop of the face of the planet.

well no kidding he changed his act!!!!!

annoyed

That's about the most muddled, incoherent, confusing video I've ever seen. You cant tell what the blazes is going on. Why waste time posting something that makes no sense?

annoyed

What's the big deal over being FIRST? I feel like I walked into some kindergarten class.

Dawn Day

I must admit I'm a little leary of a man that has to use smoke and mirrors for anything.

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

last!!!!!!!!!!!

So Angry!

To #4 'annoyed"... these people that post 'First' have very low self esteem and obviously did not get much attention as a child. When adults do this, they are trying to make up for what they lacked in childhood. It's sad really... almost like a cry for help.

It's almost certain also that the job they hold, if any, is of low rank. To come here and say "first" like as if that is some kind of accomplishment proves my point.

Being here typing "First" makes them feel important... so let's be nice and make them feel important since their parents didn't. Say something like, "Wow how wonderful for you! You were first on a website... good for you!!!" Yes it's annoying but hey, if that's what gets them through the day, so be it!

Have a nice day kids! xoxo

dan andrews

Great for his next act lets see him escape from prison ha ha
dan

He's Boring now

Ok so he didnt use any code words. But did TMZ spies notice any "clipboard" people going around before the show? You know the ones that were out scouting for those lovely ladies in the audience who would get a chance to come backstage after the show and be "interviewed" for a potential modeling job and trip to the private island?

Hopefully the shmutz has stopped that practice too.

Cant wait to see if the Indictment comes down or not

Logo Designers

cop-a-feel

Ithinknot

I think the people who want to be first to post ARE children! Remember there's all ages on here and you can tell by what they say in posts about how old they are. Let the kids be kids, ignore them.

Ithinknot

I'm sorry but anyone who would go off to an island with someone they don't even know is just asking for it. You don't do things like that unless you are looking for a "fling". I'm sure there are MANY woman who like this, thought it was exciting.
Were any of them under age? Tied up and forced on board the plane? Not given the chance to say "No"? Every guy has his lines, the rich just play differently. Unless these women were FORCED to come with him, they only have their own selves to "blame".

windy

what is the codew ord for beaver?

THE MAVENSTEIN

DAVID COPPAFEEL IS FREAKIN A-HOLE, TRYING TO PLAY HIDE THE SALAMI WITH ALL THE BITCHES IS JUST A FRONT!!! HE IS A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL THAT LIKES
YOUNG SPANISH BOYS!!

Aaron

I would just like to point out that photographs or any video/audio recording during ANY of Mr. Copperfield's shows is strictly forbidden in the first place, and the last time I check... TMZ did not have the authorization to record such footage. "First Amendment" or not, this video is illegal.

SJ

You americans have such a style :D
Today you love a celebrity, keep making a king/queen of him/her...and tomorrow you destroy that person. They same has happened with M.J , now the same thing happens to Britney and Copperfield. I'm european...and let me tell you guys that you really have no respect for people that made your country famous and brought so much money into your showbiz industry.
Copperfield does a great show....the rest i really don't care. I'm 22 and i'm a woman. If a guy with my dad's age invites me in Bahams i would know what to expect from him. And don't tell me this girl expected from him to teach her how to make the Statue of Liberty vanish.
And she still has no serious proof of a rape.
I read a lot of american sites and blogs about celebrities and your comments are so ridiculous and no sense sometimes.
He's not the first famous man who flirts with young girls during a show...and who says that's out of law?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments