Twinkle, Twinkle Little Stars

11/20/2007 6:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

68 years after "The Wizard of Oz" hit theaters, the Munchkins finally got their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Tuesday. What's a little person gotta do to get some respect around here?!
The Munchkins from
Seven of the original members, all well into their 80s and 90s, followed the yellow brick road to Grauman's Chinese Theatre to receive the 2,352nd star on the Walk of Fame. There's no place like home!

Let the joyous news be spread! The wicked old witch at last is dead!

matty

Good for them:-)

the shadow

Even though this is a gossip site, judging by the negative comments from various posters, the right of freedom of speech is highly over-abused and not appreciated. These actors are from one of the greatest films ever made and loved in the history of American cinema.

Taytay

thats very cool! someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behiiiiiiind meeeeeeeeee

Insert comical name here

Congrats and well deserved. This film is a true classic and will be enjoyed well after all of us are gone. Follow the yellow brick road.

John

I really DO like midgets! I did the song just to irritate my "short" ex.

Athena

Thanks FlBiker...You made me laugh out loud!
Funny!

FlBiker

Lookit them oompa loompas

Baseball Junkie

Rude Waitress, the mad, maniacal sex happened during the filming of the movie. It was the first time most of them had ever met another little person.

PUNKBOOKKEEPER

Is there a star anywhere for L. Frank Baum?

niles

Its hard to believe when looking at these sweet, precious little codgers that they were involved in the infamous "munchin orgies" during the filming of the Wizard of Oz. It is said that Judy Garland witnessed their drunken debaucheries first hand.

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

Hey #23, where is your handicap sticker??? #25, sounds like you came up short. IDIOTS!!

rico13

It''s about time...they deserve it!...a classic film that'll live forever, I met one of the Munchkins 'Mickey Carroll' in 94 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas..he was there for an Oz festival.He played one of the 5 fiddlers who dance behind Dorothy as she skips out of Munchkinland.

Anne Frank

I would definitely do one of those munchkin babes. One of their great-grandaughters, I mean.

FlBiker

They should have been honored sooner. You might say mainstream hollywood has

looked down on them?

Julie the Jarhead

Little people rock! I love these guys. I met one of them when we did THE WIZARD OF OZ in college -- he was so sweat and gracious. This recognition is well-deserved and looooooong overdue.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments