Hulk on Divorce: "Holy Smokes"

11/24/2007 8:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hulk HoganWrestling star Hulk Hogan didn't learn of his impending divorce from his soon-to-be ex wife Linda -- but rather from a reporter in Florida. Whoa, brother!

As TMZ first reported, Linda filed the papers on Tuesday. But when called for comment by a St. Petersburg Times reporter, Hulk simply said, "Thank you for the great information," and hung up.

The Hulkster called the paper back five minutes later and said, "I'm kind of shocked ... You caught me off-guard. Holy smokes. Wow, you just knocked the bottom out of me."

The couple went through problems on their VH1 reality show, but eventually reconciled.

Francis Fears for Life in Florida

Joe FrancisA day after it was revealed that Joe Francis accused Oklahoma Grady County Jail guards of torturing him, the "Girls Gone Wild" founder is now making similar claims about his stay in Florida.

Francis, who is currently in jail in Reno, Nev., tells Page Six, "I fear for my life if I have to go back there ... I think I would have been dead or I'd be drooling in a cup." A tad dramatic, no? Francis tells the paper he was denied toilet paper or meals, and said, "They treated me like I was a terrorist," he said. "They'd put my food just out of reach and laugh with each other, 'Oh, I guess Joe wasn't hungry today.'"

Joe is awaiting trial in Reno for federal tax evasion, then it's on to Florida to face charges he used two minors in a sexual performance -- though both girls later admitted to lying about their ages.

Terrence Hustles His Way to Broadway ... Sony Ordered to Pay $5 Mil to the Man Who Discovered Meat Loaf

Oscar nominee Terrence Howard is set to make his Broadway debut in February as Brick in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." According to Gatecrasher, the production might also star Phylicia Rashad and James Earl Jones ... Steve Popovich, the man who first signed Meat Loaf and released his classic "Bat Out of Hell" album, must be paid $5 million in damages after Sony Music didn't include his company's logo on re-issues of the album.

vegasdreaming702

I thought the Vh1 episode where Hulk and Linda were having problems with their marriage was just for entertainment value for the show......Now not only will Hulk have to pay for his sons mess but he will have to pay linda hogan a good lum sum in the divorce settlement.....Wow Hulk better get back to work wrestling..........

Linda sucks.

These comments about splitting up the assets make no sense. They were both parents of the boy when the accident happened, so couldn't they both be joined as defendants in the suit? I know of no rule that says only the father's assets are fair game.

jim

WHY DOES ANY ONE CARE ABOUT ANY OF "HULKS" PROBLEMS? HE'S JUST AN EX-WRESTLER THAT HAPPENS TO ALSO HAVE A GOOD BUSINESS MIND.

jim

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

hulk needs to hook up with one of the wwe divas,any one of those hoe's are a whole lot prettier than that ugly and fat bitch linda..brooke is gonna be just like her mother....fat and ugly...

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

brooke hogan is a whole lot fatter than britney...and brit had 2 kids whats brooke's excuse and on top of that the bitch cant sing....

mymy

yep this divorce smells real fishy to me. Protect the money. Take the focus off Nick. So planned out. Now What an act. Hulk didn't even let Lina out of hsi sight.. And now she is in California and he is caught off guard. And right on thanksgiving. Right sure.

Thats One Ugly Skanky Hoe

Hulk and Linda, If this divorce is just a ploy to possibly save bucks from the impending lawsuit that will come out of the wreck that vegetated John. I will tell you one thing from your fans. If it is a BS publicity masquerade then it WILL defniately hurt your career. You will lose ALL credibility with your fans and will be placed where Dog The Bounty Hunter was so quickly placed. Directly in the TRASH. You both have two children that need your help. Brooke has such a skewed picture of reality. She isnt talented and only was able to put out an album because of the reality show and because of being Hulks daughter. Everyone knows this and accepts it. Work on what she can do and not what she can't do. With the right amount of coaching and in time she may become a good actress. Just dont let her crash and burn too soon or she will never become anything. Nick brought on bad publicity to the entire family and it is not going to go away soon. He is only 17 so keep the case in the juvenile court system. It will help him in the future. Both you and Linda needs to give him your total support and stand behind him no matter if he has to go to jail or prison for a few years. Use this tragedy to build your career on. Do public service against drunk driving, against drag racing, against whatever you can stand against. Volunteer your status as a celebrity toward these causes. This will build public confidence toward the Hulk and then a sit com or something like that will come along to further your career. Dont do the reality show anymore. It will bring you nothing but trouble in the future and will probably hurt your career from this point on rather than help it. If your divorce is real and not a tatical move, then go through with it and put it behind you. Both of your children are about grown and are old enough to handle it. Don't bad mouth your ex wife and make sure in the final property settlement agreement that she agrees not to bad mouth you or write a book about your lives. Pay her a little extra to keep her mouth shut. Dont let her profit on your 20 years together. The public already knows too much about you thanks to the reality show. Its time to close those doors and go on with your lives.

lovelychata02

If I was hulk, I would have called the reporter and thank him for giving me the good news. He had a messed up family as is.

peggi

she probably divorced hulk because hes not wrestling anymore and they are running low on money... because brooke is not doing to hot like how other pop singers and nick is not a nascar driver.. so she has no money for her boob jobs and etc.. hulk can do ALOT better..

mp

Pretty sure Hulk can't go back to wrestling. Last I heard, he did something to piss Vince McMahon off.... hope that new show he is hosting pays a pretty penny!

danielle

I THINK HULK IS A GREAT DAD AND HUSBAND, AND SHES DUMB FOR LEAVING HIM, MUST BE MONEY THING, WHO KNOWS, BUT I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST HOPE THEY CAN WORK IT OUT IF NOT, IM SURE THERE'S PLENTY OF LADIES WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE HULK IN THERE LIVES,LOL... LUV YA HULK..

Jill

The curse of reality show stars strikes again! Nick and Jessica divorced, Sean Stewart arrested, Nick Hogan arrested, on and on.

baxtevol

The timing of the divorce seems fishy, but if I understand correctly, a divorce proceeding will expose ALL Hogan family assets for everyone to see. Also, if they are sued before divorce is final, it makes sense that the lawsuit will have to be dealt with before Hulk and Linda can split assets. I'm no lawyer, but it seems if you are trying to hide assets, a divorce is the worst thing to do.. The records are public in many states, and if not, they are subject to subpoena by victims attorneys. The lawyers for the family of Nick's friend aren't idiots and they are probably on the way to file suit right now.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Joe Francis is such a sissy! That's ok, thou, he can share my cell.