Becks Bums Out Cancer Kids?

11/26/2007 1:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Did David Beckham make a major foul in Sydney yesterday by snubbing a group of cancer-stricken children waiting outside his hotel? Say it ain't so!

A group of children from Camp Quality, each wearing Beckham's uniform, were left in tears after Becks walked right past them as he arrived at his hotel.

When he was questioned about the snub at a press conference later that day, he said he never saw the kids and would be willing to make it up to them. Aw!

Buster

What BS. He didn't even see them. The press is making something out of nothing. If you have ever seen him before with fans you know he is not like that.

Buster

Oh yea, I was first.

Sherry

How can you not "see" a large group of kids standing there in uniforms and no doubt yelling at him to get his attention!. The "Becks" are too full of themselves and shame on him for doing this to kids period let alone ones with cancer! They could have used there strength so see someone that really cares. I hope he really does make this up to them.

death on a cracker

HA HA!

Old School

Tmz IS just on a Witch Hunt again for Gods Sakes what is it with you so call journalists who got your degree from an online journelist college! what it must be like to be working at Tmz where everyday at the office must be like setting people on fire, I think that Dave Beckham did not see these children because when you have fans all around you everyday you probably do not notice the fans but probably look down and just keep on going and its tmz who make the celebrities react like this to their fans because of your frigging Witch Hunting ways on celebs.

Haha suckers...

Becks wouldn't do that on purpose...no way.
And I bet he does make it up to them...just wait and see.
Love him!!!

Michael

I think David and Victoria are such a gorgeous couple, but everybody have to agree that their behavior is not a good example for their kids nor anybody else. This news reporting that David was accused for snubbing child cancer survivors are a shame http://www.weshow.com/us/p/24811/david_beckham_accused_of_snub_kids_with_cancer He defends himself saying that he haven't seen them... I don't know... what do you think?

del

People always yelling his name, mostly phtographers trying to get a money shot, he tunes them out. He didn't see the kids. Big woo. He'll now, no doubt, give them an in-person meeting.

HATING HEIDI

BLAH BLAH BLAH.
TOO BAD BECKHAM IS SOOOOO SHALLOW....

Kate

Based on the camera angle I didn't see the kids so he maybe he didn't see them either. But even if he did, how is he supposed to know they have cancer since I didn't see them carrying signs? Also since he's a huge international star, I don't think he signs for every single autograph hound. He wouldn't be able to get anywhere if he did.

Terry

Why would kids with cancer be waiting outside of hotel for anyone,
Who was the bright one that came up with that idea!

MISS

TOTAL BS!!! He didnt see them!!!
JUST THE PRESS MAKING SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING!!
David Beckham cares!!!! I am from a city outside of Toronto and David Beckham personally called my friends little sis to give her words of encouragement while she was battling melanoma. He also sent her an autographed jersey. Unfortunately she passed days later.
He sent flowers and the next time he was in T.O he arranged to meet her family.
I will always respect him and I believe he truly cares!!!

mrsbbradley

This is rediculous. Is every celeb supposed to stop every time a kid screams at him? If they had made previous arrangements to meet him and then he stood them up, then people can b***h about it. Otherwise, these are just a bunch of kids wanting to meet someone famous and not getting an opportunity. Just like kids do all the time.

Give the man a freaking break.

Alisa

David also had an incident with students at Auswitcz concentration camp. I am sure TMZ can dig up the dirt.

Me

Don't all these stars know that we make them what they are!!!! We can break them or make them!!!! that's my money in their pocket!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments