Guitarist Dies Aboard Band's Tour Bus

11/26/2007 8:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Calvert, guitarist for the band Hawthorne Heights, died Friday while on the band's tour bus. There has been no ruling on the cause of death, though it has been reported that Calvert suffered from asthma and that may have played a role.
Casey Calvert
The band posted a message on their website Saturday that read, in part, "At this time we're not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal."

Hawthorne Heights was scheduled to play a show in Atlanta tonight, but it was canceled.

Jeremy Bosco

While I'm not a fan of Hawthorne Heights, I want to pass along my thoughts and prayers to the rest of the band, their family and friends, and all of their fans, for their loss.

anonymous

Asthma is a bitch, I should know I have it, but I outgrew the hospital visits that my mom had to take me to 3,4 times a week. I love my mom, thank you boo.

jamil

in the story you put that he was the bassist. he was the guitarist. i send my condolences to his friends and family. very tragic story. i am a huge fan of the band :(

2jack4bauer

My condolences to all his loved ones! TMZ, what kind of educated writers do you have working there? Cancelled is with 2 L's not one! That's the second mis-spelling I found today!

Marlb Man

Who is he?

get a dictionary

Hey jackbauer - get a dictionary - is one 'L'

One of those rules of the English language most people get wrong...

Cindy

Awww my thoughts and prayers go out to the family n friends of Casey.May his soul soar n his spirit rest.

the lost

His death might be asthma related. How TRAGIC!!!

.Katherine.xx

I'm a huuuuge fan of Hawthorne Heights.
They're my favorite band.
And Casey was my favorite out of all of them.
He always seemed like the quiet/shy but really sweet kind of person to me.
I met the band at Warped Tour over the summer... well met... not realy...
They were having a signing at their merch tent.
But when i went down the line, none of the band members looked up or said anything, except Casey.
He smiled at me and thanked me for coming and supporting them and stuff.

When i heard about his death, I couldn't even believe it.
I was so shocked.
This is the saddest thing to happen to me in a while.
R.I.P. Casey

posh

jackbauer and #6 poster both spellings are correct.

WordSearcher

To the persons debating how canceled is spelled: Pull out a dictionary, both ways are correct. Cancelled or canceled, your choice! "> There's little that irks me more than improper spelling and use of language... but, hey, check it out before you go on a rampage! ">

killa'bro

the line of no names to replace him has already started ..... one no name with another who cares?

LMFAO

NOOOOOO... How could such a tragic event like this just happen out of the blue, this is a really sad day!

Logo Designers