« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Shot in His Home, Fighting for His Life

11/26/2007 2:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sean TaylorWashington Redskins Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor was shot in his home and has been airlifted to a local hospital where he is in critical condition, police said today.

"It could have been a possible burglary, it could have been a possible robbery," Lt. Nancy Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."

Local authorities were called to Taylor's Florida home at 1:45 AM today. The Miami Herald is reporting paramedics found Taylor with a gunshot wound to the groin. ABC-TV 10 in Miami says a family friend told them that Taylor was shot twice.

Taylor is no stranger to guns. Back in 2005, he was accused of brandishing a gun and repeatedly hitting a man during a fight. The felony charges against him were dropped, and he plead no contest to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to 18 months probation.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Giggles

I think there is going to be more to this story as time goes on.

scotte

#1
I agree with you. I am a huge Redskin fan but Taylor has been is previous trouble with the law and it seems that Taylor has not tried to improve and correct his behavior and character.

Go Away Paris......You are a SKANK

I have placed him in my prayers and in our prayer request chain.
May God watch over him and lead him to a speedy recovery.

Mia1013

Shot in the groin? Yikes

Pebbles

Why is it that it is always the black people who have been given great opportunities that get shot, or shoot others, engage in dog fighting, knifing people, killing each other (rappers), yada yada? Is this a cultural problem? Or shall I be called a "racist" for saying such things? Oh, dear.

deepsix

Get well soon, brother. Hmm maybe a jilted lover involved in a robbery? You don't shoot a man in the "groin" unless you really don't like him...

me

what comes around goes around. if true about him bringing a gun to a fist fight.

Cha Cha

I HOPE IS FINE ASS IS OK!!!1
I WOULDNT WISH THAT PAIN ON ANYONE!!!!

I THINK BRITNEY ROCKS

Sounds like a disgruntled ex to me.

deepsix

Why is this a black/white issue?

By the same reasoning I could ask why white people are always the ones who molest little boys and shoot up their schools? Why do whites always engage in incestuous relations with their family members?

Get your heads outta your asses and wish the guy a speedy recovery. No one deserves to be shot in the groin...

Sooka

The Redskins' season is over.

Whatever

You can give them millions but that won't make them good people. It sounds like he liked trouble. Well, he found some serious trouble now, didn't he? Hard to feel an ounce of sympathy.

Get Real

Taking what he has been dishen out for years and were susposed to feel sorry for him? NOT!!!

krick

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Andrew

Seriously, it's not a black/white issue.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments