Nick Hogan Crash: 911 Tapes Released

11/26/2007 7:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The St. Petersburg Times has just posted 911 tapes recorded just moments after Nick Hogan crashed his Supra on a Clearwater, Fla. road. One caller can clearly be heard saying, "They were racing!"
Click to hear!
Hogan was driving on August 26 when he lost control and hit a palm tree. His friend, 22-year-old John Graziano, was not wearing a seat belt and was seriously injured in the accident. He suffered permanent brain damage and is now in a vegetative state.

FRS

So Penelope and SanityLost - If someone is killed or maimed because of someone driving recklessly, they shouldn't face legal consequences? He should just get away with it because he didn't mean to hurt anyone? What kind of message does that send not just to Nick, but other street racers who put all our lives in danger by using public roadways as dragstrips?

I think all the whore and taking it up the rear comments are tacky and barbaric. Some people blogging here really need to grow up. But that doesn't mean that we should be ok with Nick "having to deal with this the rest of his life" is punishment enough. Through his negligence a life was taken, but for NICK'S actions, Graziano would still be a vibrant healthy young man.

You're right, no amount of money or jail time will bring the kid back, but that doesn't mean you let Nick off scott free. It's called justice and restitution. And I think they SHOULD make an example out of Nick. Street racing is a huge problem and innocent die all the time because these kids just don't get it. Maybe jail time will help them "get it".

I'll pose this question again ~ How would you feel if that were your child lying in that hospital bed, trapped in a broken body? Really, it's a fate worse than death.

Dog is a racist mutt!

Sanity Lost and Penelope, you just don't get it. I had nothing against this Nick Idiot as a person. Look at how well th Simmons brood is doing, they are pretty smart kids, unlike Nick. The problem is the whole history of the family' antics and how they handled things. All had a long history of flaunting their malicious street racing in the eye of the public. Nick was caught doing over a 100 mph 3 TIMES IN ONE DAY and they just chuckled it off. Then the mom gets taped racing with her daughter and lies about that! I mean a BIG WHOPPER OF A LIE and she still denied everything. Nick bragged about racing and drifting around his own neighborhood and still thought it was a joke. Their father was well known for his illegal racing history and he continued to buy his idiot son cars that have more horsepower than stock supercars such as Ferraris and Vettes. Then they try to shift the blame publicly to John on tv and mitigate Nicks role. Meanwhile, Nick continues on with promoting the street racing lifestyle AFTER THE WREAK, by going to car shows to show off his rides. The Hogans even lied about their marriage to top things off. They ALL had a long history of showing little concern for their activities and Never learned from their mistakes and when giving the chance to simply accept them, they Ran Like Cowards and kept lying every chance they had. Lies, Lies, and more Lies! Don't you see a pattern here. In fact many patterns? They all are nasty, spoiled, heartless people who have chosen to go the wrong route every chance they were given. People like these are menaces to every person they are near on the streets. And they just don't seem to care, so why should we? Oh yeah, forgot that Nick used alcohol and was driving while underaged too. . They blew that off too! Cowards and Liars deserve the Maximum Punishment- including the Parents! They could have handled things the right way and never, ever took the high road! This was No Accident. It was basically preventable manslaughter! This is why people are upset about this. If you are both too foolish to see all these problems, then you are Blind Fools who would probably act the same way the Hogan did if given the chance. Every thing they did was so very wrong! That tends to get people upset. They are Heartless Monsters and should be treated as such! Think on that if you have the capacity to do so!

QE2

Not to ask a stupid question, but can't medical personnel usually tell if an injured person in a serious car accident was wearing a seatbelt by brusing on the chest and lap area from the seat belt?

Dog is a racist mutt!

Wreak vs. wreck? Failed to noticed I was using the wrong word. Too much reliance on my spellcheck I guess. Like Nick Hogan wreaked a lot of havoc on the streets long before his wreck!

tish

How did hulk get there? How did he know? Did nick call him? Why didn't nick call 911? Or did he? Why isn't that 911 call being played? who gave nick the beer? where is the other drive? Why arn't they comeing forward? I think the split between linda and the hulk is a plan to hide money. What is the MArine Corp stand on this issue. What was in this will he had a person in his will that over see in medical dissions in the event of something happing to him it didn't have to go to court just because it didn't happen in war. His dad and mom should be looking at his military paper work. I think he is still intitled to some military benifits.

tish

how did hulk get there?

BatMan

Nick Hogan is an idiot for what he has done he injured a soldier a son and student i pray for John and his family but for NIck i hope you do time i cant believe you would blame John for not wearing a seatbelt and not blame yourself for racing or you money hungery mom for her remarks its ashame you disgrace the hogan name and legacy. I hope people will be smarter then this Loser and keep the racing legally on the tracks..

.....

Good gosh people. Always ready to attack. Must be alot of politicians on this site. I never said Nick didn't deserve punishment. And I most cerntainly see the other side of the story. All i meant was Nick doesn't deserve the browbeating from the rich haters out there.

NYCBabe

yeah i feel bad and it is nickys fault, especially cause he & his family have lied about it to try & protect any $$making for the fututre, but i still gotta say it: The passengar dude is an adult and chose not to put on a seatbelt. heck..everyne knows even princess Di would probably still be alive if...yes, if she to had been wearing one. (blahblahblah,)yes I know its the driver who is responsible for rules in "the car" but still, the dude is an adult and chose to not where it. ...right..!

Dog is a racist mutt!

Penelope, you seem to lack a moral compass if you believe there is no reason to rip on the Hogans! Just what does upset you? I see lots to get upset about here and so does the Huge Majority of posters here. You must be a HUGE FAN of this horrible bunch of liars! Their long history of making these same mistakes and lying about it shows their culpability here! Perhaps if they handled it with some measure of decorum and responsibility they wouldn't be taking the beating here they deserve, but they chose to do every last thing in the worst possible way! Sympathy is one thing, blind devotion like yours is another. This was no 'accident', it was manslaughter at best! I bet you have no clue what the difference is. Too bad!

.....

lolololololololololololololol....actually i didnt care for any of them before all this bs....still don't really...just find it sad that people can take a tragedy like this, choose someone and pick that person to pieces just to make themselves feel important...as you stated yuck...too bad

FRS

Aww c'mon, don't pick on Penelope. I disagree with her but I don't want to tear her a new one over it. Can't we play nice?

Yuck has a point though, I do think that if the Hogans had handled this better, there wouldn't be such a large, moral outrage against them as expressed by the majority of bloggers here. When the story first broke, I thought Nick was just a dumb kid who had a tragic lapse in judgment. But when the Hogans released a statement that went to great lengths to point out that the passenger was not wearing his belt and that they would use this tragedy to raise awareness about seatbelt, I became outraged. They would have done better to say nothing at all than to release a statement of that kind.

That's what people are upset about. I'm trying to reserve judgment because the reality is that I don't know these people. But from the little bits I've seen, I definitely have a less than favorable opinion of the family than I did before. And honestly, I think the parents should be held criminally responsible as well. It's incredibly negligent to give a teenage minor a powerful vehicle and the first time he was stopped by cops for speeding should have been his last. As parents, it was their job to make sure he was driving responsibly and if he wasn't then they had a legal and moral obligation to take away his keys.

I don't think he should spend the rest of his life in jail, but he should do some time as well as pay some sort of restitution. He should also be required to complete courses on safe driving and alcohol and drug impairment.

It's so sad because there are so many ways this tragic accident could have been avoided and in my opinion, whether or not Graziano was wearing a seat belt is a moot point. That's all I'm saying.

SanityLost

ok, injured a soldier? arent we going a bit far with that? So now every time one of our guys gets hurt or killed in iraq are we gonna put the president in jail?? Hell he sent them over there. WTF. really now. and dont go saying thats soooo much different. so what if they enlisted, he got in that car on his own knowing that they were possibly gonna race. You would think that he knew he was putting his live at risk anyhow, what with him being a marine. He couldnt have been a dumb guy, he knew that if they were gonna race, the outcome could be death or worse. I totally see that nick should be punished but you guys are wanting him to be locked up forever for AN ACCIDENT.

Dog is a racist mutt!

I will say that I largely side with FRS on this one. Yes, I am outraged that he will probably skate because he is rich and a celeb of sorts! But I am also the person who will stop and help change someone's tire in a rain storm and think nothing of it. I will also stop at accidents and help out anyone who needs it, guilt or not, because I am trained to do it. I simply hate injustice and those who coddle it. So sue me

Dog is a racist mutt!

Sanity Lost, oh you're back too! It was not a mere 'accident'! All you have to do is look at his past actions to see it was inevitable. John just happened to be the one who paid the price for his stupidity. I don't go anywhere without seeing if my passengers are belted up and ready to go. Never have and never will. I suppose if someone left a loaded gun in their house and someone, like a child for instance, 'accidentally' shot themselves, you would blame it on the kids.