Quiet Riot Singer Found Dead in His Vegas Home

11/26/2007 3:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DubrowLas Vegas Metro Police have confirmed to TMZ that 52-year-old Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for 80's metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead in his Las Vegas home.

We're told one of Dubrow's neighbors found the singer Sunday around 5:20 PM. The Clark County Coroner confirms to TMZ that they are currently examining Dubrow's body to try to determine the cause of death.

Fellow band member Frankie Banali posted this message on his website: "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot was the first metal band to top the Billboard charts and are perhaps best known for their cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize"

FlBiker

Finally Quiet!

awesome a

So so so so sad and shocked because we just saw them in July and hoping to see them again...

:-((

wow. RIP Kevin..u put on a great show!!

cheri

How can you heartless people be glad someone you don't even know died and make those horrid comments. I had the good fortune to meet Kevin and the rest of the band and I can tell you along with his band mates, kevin was kind hearted and compassionate for the less fortunate. we will continue to bang our heads to Quiet Riot on WCVS-FM and I send my thoughts and prayer to his loved ones left behind. Fly to the Angels Kevin.

Dr J Jones

#14

you need help..

Kevin was a nice guy and a TRUE Rockstar...

Woody

This soooo sucks. I feel for his band mates and family. Vaya con Dios Kevin.

Cluck You PETA

How sad.

I will always remember him escorting me and a friend into their concert many years ago.

RIP Kevin.

SAD FANNN!!!

I was truly shocked when I read the clip...I myself love the music of the 8O's...got too. We be interesting to find out the cause of death. For all those mean people out there...that's just wrong. Just show how they were raised...ungreatful bastards. My condolences go out to his family, friends, band members and fans. RIP Kevin!! Thanks for all the wonderful memories. Good Old Days...

anthonysdreamgirl**

Ah, too bad! RIP, Kevin. I hope he knew what a big part of metal history he was. Though they weren't my favorite band, they were significant in metal history.

Dave

Love them or Hate them, it doesn't really much matter, Quiet Riot lived the Rock and Roll dream, played hard and partied harder. Sorry to hear of Kevin's death, 52 is way to young to go.

pappi6

I bet there where no drugs involved!

damn shame!!!

Kelli

My husband would blare that song in his Impala while we were dating. He thought he was so cool in his Dio shirt. I never told him he looked like a dork. 20 years ago!

Sparticus

I loved this group! they had so much energy ! Gone are the days of great bands! Maybe after britney and rap music we may again see a return of great ROCK bands like Quiet Riot! You will be missed my friend!

Brian

Kevin was a cool guy, a great entertainer, and put on a great show every time he took the stage. The people posting negative comments either didn't know him or didn't like his music or the band. It is sad that you would even think those things, let alone post them. You must be truly pathetic people to make such ignorant comments. Kevin was a great guy and I am saddened by his loss. My heart goes out to his friends and family. RIP.

Just Another Hater

That is too bad. I really like Slade covers.

the crow1229

.I CAN ONLY SAY DINT RANDY ROHDES PLAY WITH THEM HUM MAYBE ITS A CURSE . BUT WHY IN THE HELL IS OZZZY ALIIVE. HE PLAYED WITH RANDY TO . STRANGE ISNIT