Quiet Riot Singer Found Dead in His Vegas Home

11/26/2007 3:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DubrowLas Vegas Metro Police have confirmed to TMZ that 52-year-old Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for 80's metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead in his Las Vegas home.

We're told one of Dubrow's neighbors found the singer Sunday around 5:20 PM. The Clark County Coroner confirms to TMZ that they are currently examining Dubrow's body to try to determine the cause of death.

Fellow band member Frankie Banali posted this message on his website: "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot was the first metal band to top the Billboard charts and are perhaps best known for their cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize"

stop the madness

R.i.P Martin H

mary

hey pitbullbob you give pit bulls a bad name rip kevin you rocked

Michelle

How anyone can laugh at, or get pleasure from another person's death is just disturbing. That was someone's child. Shame on you!

Scott in Salem

Sad to hear. He is one rock star who didn't have a star's ego. We hardly ever heard about him. Should have been Paris, Nicole, Lindsey, Britney or any of the other no talents whose only notoriety is being trash. Fortunately, there are web sites like TMZ that keep us informed of happenings like Kevin but unfortunately, there are sites like TMZ that report on no talents that no educated person would ever care about.

Studly

heavy metal rules

Americana

I can not believe some of the hateful comments here. No one should ever be glad to see anyone dead. Evil! Simply evil!!

I am a child of the 80s. Quiet Riot was a huge part of that era.

Anna

It is very sad....Quite Riot was a fun band...The music takes me back to late middle school and the beginning of my high school years in 83-84...It was such a different time back then....what a fun time....never will be as simple and as fun as it was....

For all you sorry ass people out there posting negative things about a person that just died...you need to get yourself a life....really.

R.I.P. Kevin

wweebles

i saw him in the eighties
quiet riot rocked

britney's dad say what you want about dire straits
but leave twisted sister alone

Studly

I remember the 80's, we had the bands the fans and the best metal music in history. Those were some fun times, and Quiet Riot was apart of it.

Kate

The insensetive comments posted here are just sickening. Some of you say his band sucked and "thank god" but try to remember. This is someone's son, brother, friend, etc. Why would you spew such hatred and contempt for someone you probably never met? Like the old saying goes, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". geez...

Juan

52 is YOUNG to die, specially these days. Mental Health was a great CD, oh yeah...loved that song on it "Slick Black Cadillac.' Since I only have that on tape I'm going out to get the cd Mental Health and the Greatest Hits too!!!!!!!

Wick

Yea, Kevin Dubrow (even as dorky as he was) was a very cool person. This is bad news.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

#8 you aren't good enough for any of those bands to even piss on you. Mark Knopfler is awesome!

Eddie

Sorry to find this out. I still listen to their music. To all the people out there posting comments thinking it about time or that it is funny that Kevin died - can go straight to HELL!!! Like Kevin or not, it is not cool or funny to die at 52!!!!!!!!

Just Another Hater

#45 - Not to defend #8, who is clearly a knucklehead, but why would anyone want Quiet Riot to piss on them? Anyway, isn't that more of an R&B thing?