Did Beauty Queen

Cook Up Pepper-Spray Saga?

11/27/2007 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ingrid Marie RiveraRemember poor Miss Puerto Rico (yeah, from yesterday), who told the world how her gown and makeup were maliciously spiked with pepper spray, causing her to break out in hives in the middle of the pageant?

Today, a report on NBC News (via People.com) suggests that authorities may be investigating just how Ingrid Marie Rivera snapped back to pristine form so quickly after being terrorized by the oleoresin capsicum in the spray. She says it was ice packs, but according to an NBC News reporter, investigators are "looking into it" and are "curious."

Rivera will be on "Today" tomorrow morning, where Meredith or Matt can be expected to, ahem, pepper her with questions about Spraygate.

gazoo

First??????

gazoo

Ok, now that I got first, I can take a breath and actually respond.

I was wondering the same thing yesterday when I read this story. I thought that hives wouldn't respond that quickly to ice packs. An antihistimine would probably respond better, but either way her skin would still be inflamed in some areas.

sammy

First...............Booooooooooooyah!!!!! I don't care if she concocted a story about pepper spray, all I want to do is spray her with my jizz..

windy

i put pepper spray on my beaver cuz my man likes it hott and spicey.

luna

she's a fraud!!!!, I'm from PR and she was selected months before

gazoo

Mebbe I shoulld stick to hanging out in the Hogan forums, there's a better class of people there, lol.

windy

pepper spray on ur bobbies does dat make da nipples pinker?

wasted days and wasted nights

I just think this story should be titled A Salt with a Deadly Pepa.

Maggie

You can just tell that she cooked up this bogus scheme. I have severe food allergies, mainly to food dyes, and let me tell you, ice packs will not cure hives. Hardcore Benadryl is the only way to go when hives appear due to an allergic reaction. I pop like three at a time and they also make a great sleeping pill. She is a drama queen.

Puh-lease

I wondered the exact same thing myself.

asuwur

Just watch the movie "Drop Dead Gorgeous"... you will walk away with a deeper understanding of pagents "and those that gave their lives in pursuit of the title". It's almost as funny as this story....

Dog is a racist mutt!

Not that I care one iota, but I wonder what was the time involved? I was in an academy where we were directly sprayed in the face with police grade mace. I even kept my eyes and mouth open to get the full experience. It really, really sucked, but within about 4 hours, it was hard to see that anything happened. I could still feel the effects, but even my eyes were clear.

CELEBRITIES

Nowadays you are almost afraid to report a crime - because you stand the chance of going through the ordeal of having someone blame the victim.

Why the hell would she want to make up a story AFTER SHE WON!!!!!!

She was already Miss Puerto Rico World 2 years ago

JD

is it just me or does she really look like Nelly Furtado?

weedwacker

Yes, she was too normal. Great legs though.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments