« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Taylor Dies After Gunshot

11/27/2007 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sean Taylor, the Washington Redskins safety who was shot early Monday at his home in Miami, has died, according to a family friend. He was just 24.

The Pro Bowl safety had taken a bullet in his upper leg, reports the AP, damaging an artery, causing serious blood loss and loss of consciousness. According to his former lawyer, Richard Sharpstein, Taylor seemed to show signs of recovery when he squeezed a nurse's hand late Monday night, but never regained consciousness thereafter.

Miami-Dade Police are investigating the attack, which occurred when an intruder apparently entered Taylor's home, in what the cops are considering a possibly burglary.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sara

I am even more disgusted reading the comments about this promising young man who had his life tragically stolen from him.

I'm not going to come on this site to read the ignorant, immature, heartless articles and comments anymore. People with such a lack of respect for human life... seeing so much of it here, really makes me sick about the type of people out there in our world today and reminds me of how many people are so ignorant.... it actually becomes disheartening at times. I am glad to know though, through some comments that there are people out there who respect this young man's memory and the loss of his life.

RIP Sean
-with love

Peace out to TMZ trash

Laura

#9 - you can't really tourniquet a thigh shot wound - once the femoral artery goes, unfortunately there isnt a huge amount you can do.

Horrible to hear of this tragedy. Condolences to the family

bayinlcfl

This is a shame. He was only 24......Too young.......My prayers are with the family......God Bless!

Patriotfan1237

Why do good role models like him have to die!!!!
God bless Sean Taylor

camille43

To "life is short": Yes IT DOES matter what type of life he lived, because then this most likely would NOT have happened. And that is the part that bothers me the most. We are not being insensitive. Yes anyone can be a victim of crime, and it is a tragedy. No one is GLAD it happened, but the reasons why are just as important. You are being naive if you think that he had nothing to do with this. That is all I am saying. I just dont believe that this is a random act. The first thing they will probably ask his family is if he had any enemies. Then the story will come together. It almost sounds like a "hit". That in itself implies that he had some shady dealings. Many loved him and admired his talent, my heart goes out to his family. We are not "downgrading him" just because we say these things.
It makes me angry when I see our black men make it out of the hood only to still hold on to the hood mentality and eventually have it ruin their lives and the lives around them. This was senseless to say the least.
The real story will be much more telling. It could have even been a jealous lover situation, who knows, but random..I dont think so.

W.Dalton.

TODAY IS A VERY VERY SAD DAY IN MY FAMILY. WE HAVE BEEN REDSKIN FANS FOR OVER 35YRS IT'S REALLY TOUGH TO SEE A VERY YOUNG TOUGH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER STRUCK DOWN IN HIS PRIME.. HE WILL BE TRULY MISSED..

TO THE ROBBER OR WHOM EVER YOU ARE. YOU MY FRIEND WILL ROT IN HELLWE HOPE THEY CATCH YOU AND ONLY WISH ALL US REDSKIN FANS ARE AROUND TO SEE TO IT THAT JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!

Otto

I am a white person and loved watching him play! Everyone makes mistakes in their lives white or black. Thug is not an appropriate term and people need to get a way from these racial tendencies! My prayers are with the Tayler family.

Tangie

You live a criminal life, you get what you deserve.

BigLNVA

To Camille43 - This Sunday ask your Pastor about forgiveness! Please remember that we ARE in the Christmas Season! Not only does this family face this horrible event at this time of the year, his young daughter will never have her father or the joys of having him open presents with him.

Also, didn't Jesus die for our sins? So if you are any type of God fearing person, you should realize that he has paid the ultimate price for any sin he may have done in his lifetime with his death.

So if God who created man can forgive us for our choices of lifestyles, who we hang out with and what we do, who are you and I to judge?

RIP My Young Brother and God Bless YOU!

Davis

Wow some of these comments are disgusting. TMZ I suggest you move all these nasty comments with people calling him a thug and so on. You can tell by the comments who in here watch TV to make their judgments about a group of people because fact is half of the people in here who scream THUG probably do not really know what a real thug is.

Victoria Mary Stong / Community Activist

MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO SEAN TAYLOR'S FAMILY & CLOSE FRIENDS. JUST KNOW HE IS NOW IN GOD'S LOVING ARMS AND THAT YOUR MEMORIES OF YOUR PRECIOUS SEAN CAN NEVER BE TAKEN AWAY. GOD BLESS YOU ALL WITH LOT'S OF LOVE AND SUPPORT FROM THE COMMUNITY AND ALL HIS CARING FANS.
ALSO, IGNORE THE IMBECILS THAT HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT USE THEIR IGNORANCE AND RACISM TO MAKE STUPID COMMENTS. YOU DESERVE LOTS OF RESPECT FOR HELPING SEAN GET TO WHERE HE REACHED IN LIFE.~~~~~~~RESPECTFULLY & SINCERELY, MS. VICTORIA MARY STONG / HUMANITARIAN & CIVIL RIGHTS & COMMUNITY ACTIVIST~~~~~~~RACISM IS AN INSULT TO GOD!~~~~~~~

Yeah

The idle cruel pontification by many of the know-nothings here sickens me.
If you didnt KNOW Mr. Taylor perhaps you should keep your misguided musings to yourself.
While I don't know the details behind the incident, neither do you, but
I will pass along a little logic for the know-nothing dip-shts here: If you're out to kill someone, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM IN THE LEG!

Hail Sean.

I laugh at other's misfortunes

Hey camille43........get back to work. And keep your posts to under 2 sentences.

Detrissa

You are correct Camille, you do not know what happened and neither do the rest of us, which is why you should not speculate. Sean is no longer with us, be respectful of that and let his family, friends and fans grieve in peace. Remembering the Sean they know and love, not the Sean you have come to know or at least think you know through the MEDIA. The bible says, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Are you that person Camille?

I am sure that even you have 1or 2 enemies out their, someone who is not particularly found of you. Does that give them the right to come into your home and kill you? NO!

Anne

Something's not right here, this wasn't a high crime neighborhood, this was a targeted crime. They say he just turned his life around. Turned it around from what? How much you want to bet this was a black-on-black crime?