Goofy Worker Wants Mouse to Pay Up

11/28/2007 12:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A worker at Disney's "Goofy" restaurant says that the company has been playing fast and loose with the wages there -- and she's suing the Mouse House -- with all kinds of claims. M-I-See you in court!
Disney lawsuit
TMZ has obtained this class action lawsuit filed by Amber Galloway, which alleges that Disney Worldwide Services (Disney) ignored California labor laws when they didn't permit breaks, overworked the staff and made them toil "off the clock" during lunch breaks. Some of the workers dress like Disney characters -- one patron described it as, "Cinderella, Goofy, and Chip and Dale came over to our table during brunch."

Amber also alleges that the cartoon hash house didn't keep an accurate count of hours worked by employees, and further claims that Disney "injured" her and was "unfair, unlawful, and harmful." Sounds like a total Mickey Mouse operation.

Logo Designers

slave labor at disney

CLIDE

FIRST OF ALL THIS GIRL IS NOT A CHARACTER..AND YES THE PERSON THAT STATED THAT THE CHARACTERS GET THE MOST BREAKS IS VERY RIGHT... THEY DO AND THAT IS WHY GOOFYS KITCHEN IS SO POORLY RUN... THE GUESTS ARE THE ONES THAT SUFFER ALONG WITH THE HOURLY FRONT OF THE HOUSE CAST MEMBERS.... THERE ARE VERY FEW CHARACTERS ON THE FLOOR AT GOOFYS DURING THE CHARACTERS MEAL AND REST PERIODS..AND NO NOT ALL OF THEM ARE DOUBLED...AND AS FAR AS THE ELECTRONIC TIME CLOCKS THOSE ARE NEW MAYBE 18 MONTHS OLD.....GOOFYS DOES NOT HAVE A BREAK LOG... AND TO BE VERY FRANK WITH ALL OF YOU GOOFYS IS A CASH COW NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE CAST THATS WHY THIS GIRL FILED THIS SUIT...DISNEY OLNY SEES THE BIG BUCKS COMING FROM THIS RESTURANT AND DOES NOT GIVE A RATS OR SHOULD I SAY MOUSES A-- ABOUT ANYTHING OR ANYONE.. SO BEFORE YOU POST ANY BOGOUS COMMENTS PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF A LITTLE ON THE HISTORY AT GOOFYS KITCHEN

CLIDE

wow...... managment or should i say a certain manager is making comments to cast about their opinion pertaining to this case thats a no no....hummmmnmm do i smell another law suit?????? maybe harrasment..... keep your opinions to yourself and dont share them with the hourly staff stupid........

Frank Olivo

Oh, poor #11, 6 people to a 3 bedroom apt, the inhumanity of it all! Needless to say, you WON'T be making it in the real world! Used to be an internaship was an opportunity to learn, wthout pay ... you did the work for the experience! I have been to Disney many times that place is run to military precision and the employees are ALWAYS kind and polite. I don't think you would have that environment if they treated their employees as this chick is claiming....just a thought.

nicemoneylittleworkHA!

As I understand it, the servers at Goofy's Kitchen make a pretty good amount of money; more then some people that spend 4 years or more in college. They get an immediate 15% of the bill of each party that comes to Goofy's (and that's a lot!). Each of the servers are making on average 60,000 to 80,000 per year and can take extended leaves of absences per their senority and be able to return to work in their same position. Hey that's not too bad either! Gee where do I sign up? Oh yes, did I forget to say that as servers, they are only expected to deliver drinks to people and not food....because it a buffet! Wow, now that's one easy job! If you don't believe me just ask any food server in the restaurant industry! What they ought to do is make the servers spread some of that wealth among the other hard working people that work in Goofy's Kitchen and quit complaining! If anyone should be complaining about getting ripped off, it should be every other employee aside from the servers!!!
Oh yes, before anyone wants to make some comment that I'm jealous....let me just say that I don't work for Disney nor do I intend to and that I make more money per year then these servers do! Let's just say that I'm looking out for some of the people that work just as hard, if not harder and are the one's that really have a complaint!

here4fun

Hey #20 you sound like a lead at the kitchen

gr8ful

A few greedy servers are continually trying to ruin it for the rest. That's some bad karma due their way. Most of the Goofy's Kitchen servers are grateful for their good fortune and would never complain.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2