Helio Castroneves!

11/28/2007 2:14 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Edging out favorite Mel B, race-car driver Helio Castroneves took home the disco ball trophy. Do women ever win this contest anymore?!

He and partner Julianne Hough came into the finals in second place, just one point behind the Spice Girl and his hotness Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Both couples received perfect scores of 30 from the judges in their final dance Tuesday.

As expected, Marie Osmond was eliminated first after her robot doll-inspired routine. QVC called, they'd like you back, Miss Osmond.

Looks like Hough is the lucky charm, having also won last year with speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno.

COMMENTS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Georgia Girl

What a freaking joke!

judy anderson

!st! Happy he made it!

Ben

LAME

ittybritty12

Georden

Yeah for Helio...He totally deserves it!

Jotah

MARAVILHOSO.
HELIO COMO TODO BRASILEIRO TEM CHARME EM TUDO.
A VITORIA FOI MUITO BEM MERECIDA.
VIVA O BRASIL!!!!!!!!!

HEY IDIOTS!

i can't believe people are shocked he won - he was just as good as Mel. Don't even complain if you didn't vote for Mel and wanted her to win

He's Boring now

Guess the rumors true about Marie now looking for a Rich new husband. At least Donnie will go away for awhile. Back to England with all the Osmonds I hope, where they are the new Jerry Lewis of France heroes.

Jotah

VIVA BRASIL.PARABENS HELIO!!!

gdfgf

How many athletes have won the competition now? Hmmm...

Windygirldre

YAY!!! I loved them both, but he's just so cute!!!

sedonastan

Wow, TMZ, you posted a nice photo of a celeb, not the usual TMZ standard of a celeb picking their nose. Ding Dang, ya'all are slippin!!

Andi

I gave all my votes to Helio and Julianne. They have great chemistry and style together, and I'm glad they won. Maks and Mel were great, too, so it was kind of a 50/50 split, which could go either way.
Marie was a mess. I liked her initially, but - This isn't a variety show. It's a dance competition. She did less dancing and portrayed more damn drama than anyone in DWTS history. I quickly grew tired of her talking back to the judges, her loud cackle-like laugh and her need for the spotlight - she has to talk loudly and be obnoxious to shift the focus back on herself, the jumping around and up and down got OLD fast, and constantly reminding everyone how old she is, she lost her father, that she's a doll designer, that she fainted BECAUSE (we still haven't gotten that story straight yet - First she said she forgot to breathe, then she blamed it on the fires, then whatever - - - fill in the blank). SHEESH. Geez Louise. She was always playing the sympathy angle. She was the one contestant full of excuses. She's got low self-esteem and became a joke at the end. She also fell - AGAIN!! -during the finals performance, her Bride of Chucky mess will go down in DWTS history as the WORST performance of all time. Everytime she came on stage or had to stand before the judges, I dreaded every second. She's such a loose cannon waiting to go off, or fall down, or whatever.
Unattractive.

Congratulations Julianne and Helio!

webbster

Oh you are taking the piss. I though this was Dancing with some stars.
Who is this bloke ? He's not a star.

Gigi

I love (and voted for) Helio and Julianne!!! Congrats to them both!!
Never really liked Mel, she always acted really tough, where Helio is Mr. Personality. Don't even get me started on Marie, but I will say that if I never live to see her or Donnie again, it will be too soon. They definitely wore on my nerves.

Again, congratulations to Helio and Julianne!! They deserved to win!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments