Last Dance for Helio and Fiancee!

11/28/2007 2:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Helio may have waltzed into winning "Dancing With the Stars" by doing a Paso Doble ... but the Paso Uno is what he's doing now!

TMZ has confirmed business executive Aliette Vazquez has broken off her engagement to the "Dancing" winner. Vazquez and the race car driver had been dating for more than six years and have been engaged for a year. "There have been a lot of rumors and a lot of misinformation out there," Vazquez's rep Howard Bragman tells us, and she "wanted to set the record straight."

Bragman told us, "This is a personal decision and I ask the media to respect the privacy of Miss Vazquez and her family. She has no plans to talk to the media, but reserves that right if she needs to clarify misinformation or defend her reputation."

Let's get ready to Rumba!

UPDATE: More good stuff! We've learned that the two have not spoken in weeks. And so you know -- this has nothing to do with partner Julianne Hough. It's just between Helio and Aliette.

Lori

Maybe TMZ has it wrong or it just happened real recently. Like in the past half hour cause on Good Morning america all was cool. You have to figure these people are in a close relationship for over 10 weeks on nearly a daily basis. I compare to a leading lady falling in love with the leading man in a movie being made. It happens all the time!! Look at Bradd Pitt and Angie/ on and on. It is likely it can happen but I don't think Julieann is interested in him. She is a doll.

Lv&PeaceUall

I ballroom dance and the attraction on the dance floor is all show! If Julianne and Helio have made you feel that there was romance involved - Bravo to them. You were taken on their journey menos!!

Better yet - take a class and you will find that the only attraction you will find with the teacher is that of frustration - these techers take their profession seriously. However, you will get hooked and love dancing.

Mirita

Good for him!!!!!!! Move on Helio and find a real hot latina.

Looch

After dating 6 yrs and finally getting engaged. I would think that they would stay together. Oh well I guess not. As for me I would not have waited 6 yrs for him to make up his mind about marriage. Go Helio. !!!! Have some fun now with your fame.

Ignorant people commenting here

If you guys think Julianne is the first cute girl to be all over this guy you've got to be crazy. She was with him 6 yrs so there were many chances for her to be jealous, let's be real. I remember she was there on the first show but not after and ever since then he's been dancing (no pun intended) around the wedding questions in interviews.

Seems like Aliet did him the favor of not announcing during the show because everyone would have assumed it was cause of Julianne (whether that is the case or not). Aliet is the better person in my opinion instead of him lying about it to protect his image. He did say several times that he moved out to LA for the show so that was his priority and his fiancee came second. Everyone else on the show juggled other jobs, family, etc., and he's not even in racing season...looks like he had other plans. THINK people, don't rush to assume all the time.

theatercatz

I read an article a month or so ago that Ali was struggling with Helio being gone all the time. I think the lady is a class act to allow him to finish the competiton before saying anything.
I'm a firm believer that all things happen for a reason.
I wish them both the best.

chillout music girl

I am glad she left that horse faced helio.. WTF was she thinking?????????

He is not exactly formula 1 material or anything............

Loretta Compton

I strongly feel Mel B. and Max were ROBBED of their earned championship title last night. Nothing against the other couple. But it was clear they were both the champion dances and their chemistry together was hot, hot, hot! People loved them.

The one thing that made Helio the winner was his personality and charisma. But I ask all on the show: When did this take the place of dancing? I mean real, true, talented, serious dancing?

Think producers and all - you may ruin this show by voting personality over true dancing talent. Or change the name to "Personality with the Stars". I'm so disappointed ABC network allowed this to happen. It's a huge loss for all fans of this show.

Also, if male athletes keep winning on their personality and charisma, why bother to continue? It's become quite boring to say the least.

Loretta Compton (a devoted fan and instructor of true professional dancing)
Roanoke, VA

chillout music girl

Go back to brazil helio........ U are making american TV look ugly !!!!!!!!

judy anderson

Just saw him on the view and he said he is getting married and very happy!

su.san smith

that is sad, when he was on Larry King last week, all he did was talk about his g/f.

ME

HULK'S WIFE IS SUCH A GOLD DIGGER.

Lv&PeaceUall

Lretta Compton,

Agreed! ABC will lose viewers if they continue to allow the less talented to come in second, etc. I suggest that the judges override some of the votes. After all they are former professional dancers. The voters are "fans" and are not looking at technique, nor know what it takes to accomplish it - so hard so dedicated so frustrating. The best deserve the win.

Old School

His ex fiance is a CRAP to try to upstage his win last night by having this come out right when he wins the trophy!! I mean come on she could have waited to drop this bomb but she wanted to rain on his parade! What an A-hole she is and if i was him i wouldn't even try to get back the bitch!

stephanie

I am glad Helio won...I'm sick and tired of these English twits coming to my country and trying to be charming and talented, when few aren't. Mel B had nothing going on until she banged Eddie Murphy and tried to trap him and was able to get on an American show to get more exposure for her shank self.

Spice Girls are so yesterday.