« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rampage Can Talk White, But Is He Right?

11/28/2007 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UFC brawler Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has never been afraid to go on the attack. And when the king of the octagon learned that NFL star Sean Taylor died from a gunshot to the leg on the Monday, Rampage went off.

"Shot in the leg and died," he asked our cameraman. "Where the hell was the ambulance? Flavor Flav was real when he said 911 was a joke."

Then, just like a pre-skankified Flav would have done, Rampage got racial. "Black folks, when you get in trouble [and you] call 911, please sound white when you call ... We all sound white when we need to."

Tough words from a tough man.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

Brody

Rampage is a funny guy. Can't you see he's a little drunk? He didn't know the details about Sean Taylor, so that's a pass.

But come on, he was just being honest, humorous and not hostile.

I like it.

Former911Operator

I used to work as a 911 operator; what determines the priority of the response is the crime committed. In my department, 911 calls were answered within 30 seconds, and, since a shooting is priority 1A, it immediately goes to the top of the call queue and units are sent to the scene with lights and sirens, including an ambulance, within two minutes. I've handled calls for GSWs and intruders, and I can tell this fool right now that the responding officers never hear the voice recording, so it makes no difference whether you "sound white". Oh, and FYI, the guy died at the hospital; a lot of people who suffer a damaged artery don't even make it that far, which speaks, contrary to "Rampage"'s moronic rampage, to a very rapid response time. You can't blame emergency personnel or doctors for every death.

Cement100

Rampage??? You "were" one of my favorite UFC Fighters. You have just shown how ignorant you really are. Unbelievable!!! I bet Rampage doesn't realize that majority of 911 dispatchers are any other than white. Ambulance drivers too! Bahahahha. What a complete moron. I guess this is why he is a fighter.

Tony S

dudes first words were "who dat is?" and then chews marbles on a subject he knew nothing about. brain damaged bigot.

Shane

There have been four people charged with the murder of Sean Taylor, and guess what JACKASS, they're all BLACK!! I bet you'll still try and find a way to blame the white man. You are right about one thing though, this is definitely a race issue, YOUR RACE. You should be ashamed of yourself, blaming the people who risked their lives responding (Code-3) to Mr. Taylor's residence in an attempt to save his life. I hope you get beat down in your next fight!!!!!

Angie

Okay, I'm hispanic, and I realize that there is a lot of racism out there. Clearly this is racism towards whites. Ever heard of reverse discrimination??? This guy should get his facts together. Just as an afterthought, the people that shot this poor man AND took his life were african american. I don't understand how you are going to tell everyone to sound "white". Do you realize how pathetic and uneducated that statement makes you sound?

kenya

Apparently, SOME people who responded have never lived in a black 'hood. I have, and the differences (other than the liquor stores, check-cashing places and carryouts in proactically every block) are not even subtle. In SE (Washington) DC and nearby PG County, it can take up to 45 minutes to get an ambulance (and you're assuming that "emergency" vehicles will QUICKLY respond to an emergency, right?) and, at night, you can't get a taxi; whereas, in NW (Washington) DC --using Embassy Row as an example, since I lived there, and it's one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in DC-- there was ONE liquor store and NO carryouts...AND you could get an EMS response in LESS THAN 10 MINUTES (and cabs, 24/7).

It's not playing the race card, it's just explaining the reality of living in different types of neighborhoods (although I thought Sean Taylor's area was rather affluent...but, maybe, I was mistaken).

kenya

Oops! ...and for the person who believes Sean Taylor's death was a result of his own "criminal lifestyle," must you prove your ignorance by actually putting your thoughts into words where everyone can see them?

...and btw, his novia (g/f) is Latina, not white.

...and another "aside," just b/c a person speaks patois doesn't mean they CAN'T speak english correctly...sometimes, yew might wanna get a li'l creative, feel me? It's pretty much like being able to speak another language. If you can speak french, spanish, tagalog, japanese or 'hood patois...why not do it when you want (or need) to? *smh @ poseurs*...oOps! i meant POSTERS *smirk*

mentallobe

I personally like it when the blacks portray their true feelings. Now more decent white folk will stop feeling sorry for them. Rampage is a racist and I'm proud he finally came out.

Robert

Wow!!! Another black blaming whites and using the race card. How many million times has that happened in the past?

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22