Akon Charged in Crazy Stage Toss Incident

11/29/2007 9:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Akon! WTF? There's no need to throw a kid off the stage! Cops apparently agree and have now charged the R&B singer with misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment.

The charges stem from an incident last June in upstate NY when he was performing at a concert and someone in the crowd allegedly threw something at the singer on stage. Akon asked the crowd to point out the culprit. A security guard picked a 15-year-old out from the crowd and sent him up to the stage, where Akon hoisted him onto his shoulders and flung him into the crowd. Smack that! The kid landed on another teen who told the local paper she was later diagnosed with a concussion.

Akon is scheduled to appear in a local court on Monday for arraignment. Locked up!

Andrea

There once was a lady who took in a snake, on a freezing cold night.
"Please let me in,' cried the snake. "I'll die in this weather."
She gazed at him, and saw that he was a beautiful snake with truly regal markings. She decided it would be a pity to let such a magnificent creature die, so she took the snake in, fed him and warmed him by her roaring fire.
The next morning it crawled in the bed and bit her.
As she lay dying, she asked the snake: "Why did you do this to me when I saved your life?"
"You knew what I was when you let me in," replied the snake. And he slithered away to the next doorstep.

Fonzworth V. Brightly

What an "Idiot"...."AKORN"...lol......deserves to be locked up for being "STUPID"..LOL...LOL!!!

Mark

I remember this and I am glad his ass is being brought up on charges. I think he was defending his ego more than anything and I hope that kid and the girl who got the convulsion gets mad paid.

dj

dude is wack anyways, but wtf would someone want to be thrown off a stage for. it looked like the audience member wanted it

cureheis

When is somebody going to mention that if this was a white guy at a rock concert throwing a black guy...it would be a racial incident.....
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE...Sue him for all his ten bucks.

cureheis

...they call him akon because he is a little nut. (or has little nuts) who knows.

Loud and talentless

Another worthless piece of crap! I hope she sues him 'til he has to crawl under a rock for shelter.

Danielle

ok so i was there, for k104 fest in june. anddd its not upstate newyork, its south east. near westchester. idiots.

Loud and talentless

Danielle,
You don't require ANY talent at all when you go to a concert, do you?
No one will even know who this dip$hit was in 5 years. ZERO talent.

Stop it

That was too easy for him. Please God. I hope he doesn't have a wife and kids.

Gary

Obviously something is wrong here, and the culprit is rap music. When a rap "artist" reaches the point of arrogance and drug intoxication where he thinks he can viciously throw a child from the stage, it's probably time to re-assess the whole concept of rap music. What is the extent of the moral collapse in our country that can permit this music of chaos and this ever more wealthy industry to influence the minds of the young people in such a negative manner? Really, put it in the balance -- which is better, to allow total freedom of expression on the stage, or to prevent such messages of doom from saturating the minds of the young people?

Stop it

Well said # 55

College Grad

@Harry

Why is it that when a rapper does something wrong the whole genre is trashed, not just that single individual? Why isn't this the same for Rock or Pop? I don't get it can anybody explain how the actions of individuals can superceed the accomplishments of a whole music genre? When Brittney is acting a damn fool and being completely drugged out while having sexed up lyrics and promoting general bad behavior...do we look at Pop and say "whoa...this is destroying our country and our value system". My complaint is to be fair, if your going to make complaints about something then complain about everything. The music industry in general needs to be cleaned up! And you can't take away rap music, because its messages are rooted in the lives of many individuals. Although you might not be able to relate there are millions out there including myself who do. I listen to rap everyday and i relate to it because i've lived in poor situations, but that has not prohibited me or anyone in my family from pursuing degrees and being productive citizens. Taking away rap won't solve this nations problems...it's just an easy excuse for politicians to put off the real issues that plague these communities.

r u serious?

R u suppose to id check everyone? Where were the parents? They should be charged with neglect for dropping their idiot of a kid off at concert , instead of hiring a babysitter. People are tired of paying money for whatever it is they like and having some flunkies kid wasting there money and time. Where's the kid's assault charge??

suoires

he should have kicked the little bastard in the nuts first...cops need to charge the little thug with launching a deadly missle, the standard charge for a violent act of this nature..are his parents related?