« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Football Horror: Three Charged in Taylor Murder

12/1/2007 12:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Three of the four suspects in Sean Taylor's death were charged with unpremeditated murder early Saturday. Charles Wardlow, Eric Rivera and Venjah Hunte all faced the same charge. Police say the killing of Taylor was unplanned. The fourth suspect was arrested but has not yet been charged.

Miami-Dade Police Department spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the men as: Eric Rivera Jr., 17, Venjah K. Hunte, 20, Jason Scott Mitchell, 19 and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18.

Miami-Dade County Police Director Robert Parker said the suspects didn't expect Taylor to be home when they broke into his home Monday morning. The NFL Pro Bowler surprised them and was fatally shot. The suspects -- all of whom have prior arrests -- are expected to make their first appearance in a Fort Myers courtroom sometime today.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Champion

I totally agree with anyone who feels like this trash should be excuted to the fulliest extent of the law. I will say that I would like to see them rot in jail and not get the death penalty because dieing is to good for these four!! At the end of the day nothing anyone says will bring Sean back so lets all pray that he is in heaven shining down on his 18 month..

windy

y does da lite skin brotha get his picture first?

two cents

#23 Are you insane? You did NOT bring up the 'broken home" card?

What these young thugs should have been doing is getting a job, maybe 2 or 3 if they had too much time on their hands and couldn't help themselves from getting into trouble. Suggesting they couldn't help themselves because they "is just po' black folk" is offensive to the murder victim. They wanted something he had, but didn't want to earn it, they just want to take things. These punks need a bullet between their eyes. They're too old to be saved, and are never going to amount to anything. They have no one to blame but their families that allowed them to turn out that way, and not instilling a sense of honor in their character.

Wally

I agree with #24,They really do look like nice boys. I am wondering if the police really do have the right perps?....

He's Boring now

Thats why I avoid public transportation, large public gatherings that are downtown and free, stay away even from the fringes of "bad" neighborhoods, own and know how to use a gun, and dont frequent clubs or bars that cater to the fringe element.

These thugs are also the reason Profiling is still done in neighborhoods that dont cater to this kind. And please, save the comments about "all blacks" ok? Even Black people know how to spot a thug.

Play PC too much and you end up dead. Shame on the Demorcrats the past 40 years for helping breed this with continuing to encourage poor people to remain poor through handouts and entitlement. Hasnt worked and wont work in the future.

Starts with Parents wanting to do the Right thing for themselves, than their kids. Aint all about being poor. Most people who came to this Country were poor once. How come they still aint?

These 4 should have never been in this situation if parenting, and school and achievement were emphasized instead of bling, things, hos, and getting over.

Read the book by the Black author Juan Williams "Enough"...I did and learned enough to now understand more about the issues in the poor Black Community. And yes, I am commited to staying as far away from it as possible until their unelected leaders and inhabitants finally say Enough. Until than, expect more of this in every city and mid sized town in America.

Kat

Florida has the death penalty, so maybe the state will fry all four pieces of trash.

TMZ Fraternity

#26

Of course that is what they should of been doing, but what if they were never taught that, what if the value of life means nothing when they rationalize things to themselves etc etc.. Of course there are options even in the worst situations but if life pushes people to the brink where they only perceive a messed up reality what hope do they have. People are not born this way.

mama

SCENERIO....I THINK WE WILL ROB THIS HOUSE...THAT LOOKS EMPTY...I KNOW THERE IS SOME GOOD STUFF...ONE OF US HAS DONE ODD JOBS HERE...SOME OF US WERE JUST HERE FOR A BIRTHDAY...TRIED TO ROB IT EARILER...FAILED....OH, YEAH... BY THE WAY....JUST IN CASE THE STASH IS ARMED WE HAD BETTER TAKE A GUN...WE SWEAR WE HAVE NO INTENTION IN USING IT....SO WE BETTER PUT BULLETS IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GIVE ME A BREAK

Suzyh

The this that jumps out at me are the ages of these boys.... yes, BOYS! Unfreakin' real, to throw your whole life away on a random act. I feel so bad for Sean Taylors family and then to find out that the perpetrators are barely out of High School makes me sick to my stomach...

I hope what ever they were trying to do was worth it to them, because it cost a wonderful young man his life, it robbed a child of her father and destroyed his family. Not to mention what it is going to do to THEIR families.... so unnecessary and so sad....

Suzyh

Sorry, I meant to say "the THING that jumps out at me..."

Jlynn

If they did not go there with intent to kill Sean why would they have guns, and why would they shoot him instead of fleeing if all they wanted was the money? Also, if they only shot him because he was there, why not shoot the girlfriend too? The police are not fooling anyone with their bull story.

He's Boring now

Will the black players of the NFL who make up 70% of it finally come out and take a stand against this nonsense?

Put down the Bling and the acting up shtick and set examples for other black youth? They have benefitted from the roles they have and roads they took to get those roles. Why isnt that same kind of guidance being given and than followed by young blacks? Applied towards school or a career. Instead these NFLers play the part like the NBA thugs and rap jerks as more representative of what being black is than educators, businesspeople, doctors or just average good working people, who should be the new role models. Instead we get kids wanting rich things without doing the work.

Somethings wrong in that Society. Lets see if the NFL players take a stand on this. The problem isnt with Don Imus and Kramer.

1sexygirl

you know, it doesn't matter what color you are if you a human being this could have happened to you, i mean say if you just got your income tax, your home chillin' you and you girl are getting ready to turn in, now you got about 6000 on you your girl got her income tax she has 4000 and you guys put the money up, let's say someplace in the house. then bam your door has been kicked in , now these people have guns, ak's and want everything you have that's expendable, what do you do, try to be the hero or give them what they want. you tell me because bullets don't know colors.

JennInDC

Burn in hell, murderers! I just went and paid my respects this morning at the memorial at Redskins Park. I hope these guys fry. I have no sympathy for killers. They don't deserve a humane life OR death!

DAXFLAME!!

I don't know why... but when I first heard about this a few days ago... it reminded me of when MJ lost his dad to those 2 young punks.... do you all remember that? A totally senseless murder just to get his money. I remember Mike after winning the championship just collapsing on the floor and crying. It was like this, why kill the man why?? Take what you want, and let him go. Why ruin his life, and all the people who loved him. I am not afraid to admit I cried when MJ cried that day, and I am tearing up right now...(I am a 47 yr. old)

PLEASE STOP THE SENSELESS MURDERS OUT THERE PEOPLE, JUST STOP IT!