Montel to Teen: I Wasn't Really Going to Blow You Up

12/2/2007 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Montel WilliamsMontel Williams has issued an apology to Courtney Scott, the high school intern who he threatened to "blow up" Friday.

Williams sent the student an email via one of his producers, saying, "Regrettably I reacted childishly to the situation and for that I truly apologize to all concerned. I would like to invite Courtney and her family to appear on my show for a public apology." What a heart of fool's gold!

Montel confronted Scott and two other reporters after he mistakenly thought they had followed him to talk about a previous interview. The group was actually covering an assignment completely unrelated to him. Oops! A police report was filed by the student subsequent to the confrontation.

Barack

Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right.

I have no idea what that means but my fans eat it up.

I love Oprah.

Sharona

I'm assuming it is alright for him to say what he wants.........after all he is black and he is allowed to do that......right Mr. Al Sharpton? If he wants to threaten a little girl that's okay.........Can't wait to see him cry on TV and tell everybody how sorry he is.......but wait a minute Al Sharpton might say he doesn't have to apologize.....after all he is our authority on what we can say ............

Jeff Kay

I wanna assault children and get away with it too.....'cause that's what a threat is. Oh...which wife is he with now...still the stripper Bambi from Vegas? Never trust someone who marries a stripper...lol

Lillianne

Don't go there Courtney. Don't allow him to use you and your family to rehabilitate his image.

ErnnDogg2000

wtf

Michell

My friend had a friend that was Montel a few years back, he called her a kidnaper because a mother of a baby she was taking care of wanted her back and the lady had had her for 2 years and the lady didn't think the mother was able to take care of her. Well words were exchanged between her and Montel, and basicly told her that she was a kidnaper and deserved to go to jail. Well guess what the lady still has the child because the mom never showed up to pick up the child later found out the reason she never showed was because she was arrested for drugs.

blade

Third rate talk show host, when did he move up?

DAXFLAME!!

montel always was his own biggest fan... come to think of it. He is his ONLY fan.

roughdaddy

Hey tmz!!! you need to start a segment call loser of the week!!! i nominate montell william for first candidate....

LT Dan

Navy SEAL wanna be. Did one tour in the Navy and thinks he should be a SEAL. Never even attempted to go to BUDS. Jerk of the highest degree.

roughdaddy

whats up with montell!! i dont care how good looking or she doesnt let guys touch her,,,i would not marry a stripper...id say 90% of the are not into men...they see dudes as wallets with legs...

Tommy Lee

I would have loved to hear Montel say that in front of the general manager of WTOC in Savannah where that girl was working. Mr. Cathcart would have put him on his ass.

Michelle

What's wrong with his face? Why does he have two black eyes?

blueangel

Wow, it looks like something blew up in his face. Either that or someone punched him in both eyes. This guy used to look so good on his talk show . . .what happened to his face?

KENTUCKYGIRL

I only know very little about this story only what TMZ has provided. It's like this if he did threaten a girl underage to blow her up!.....Then I hope he get's the proper punishment. I don't think this even compares to what Don Imus said!! Oh yes, you can bet he will play the race card when that has nothing to do with this. YOU DON'T THREATEN TO BLOW SOMEONE UP!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments