Montel to Teen: I Wasn't Really Going to Blow You Up

12/2/2007 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Montel WilliamsMontel Williams has issued an apology to Courtney Scott, the high school intern who he threatened to "blow up" Friday.

Williams sent the student an email via one of his producers, saying, "Regrettably I reacted childishly to the situation and for that I truly apologize to all concerned. I would like to invite Courtney and her family to appear on my show for a public apology." What a heart of fool's gold!

Montel confronted Scott and two other reporters after he mistakenly thought they had followed him to talk about a previous interview. The group was actually covering an assignment completely unrelated to him. Oops! A police report was filed by the student subsequent to the confrontation.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

pat

I have an ex neighbor that is serving 10 yrs for making the same exact threat to me and my family. Court's do take threats like this very seriously. He could face some hard time if a jurisdiction decides to go forward with charges.

LAofficer

Sorry to tell ya but he will never go to jail - he wont be fined - he wont even be arrested. Is this the great American justice that we hear so much about ? Truth is that your justice is not blind & can easily be bought, with even the remotest claim to fame - this guy has no talent, no looks, nothing positive whatsoever to offer yet he has made millions in tv for what reason? What a disgustingly true and sadly reprehinsible representation of the American IN-justice system.

Cha Cha

IS MONTELL OK?
HE LOOKS DEAD ALREADY....

blackandwhitegirl

I'm a big fan of Montel's show. Montel lost his temper, he apologized. Y'all should leave him alone. Montel has done a lot of nice things on his show that has helped the lives of his guests and viewers. The difference between Don Imus and Montel is that what Imus said insulted a whole race of people. What Montel said insulted only one person. Imus and Montel apologized and that's great. Let's forgive and move on.

LAofficer

Uhh no blackandwhitedumbassgirl - the differenceS between Imus & Montel are:

Imus is white & SAID something insulting & stupid & got FIRED because the most racists SOB on the planet jumped in & hyped it all up all across mainstream media by playing the "racist" card to get what he wants = reverse discrimination & more hatred;

Montel is black, stupid & insulting, & THREATENED to do bodily harm to a young girl & her entire family & hasnt even been arrested or reprimanded by his employers, backers, owners, bosses or trainers & NEVER WILL, which again, is exactly what you & the likes of Al Sharpton want - again = more reverse discrimination & hatred between races. Happy now?
I just bet you are.

MissVee

What an idiot? Why is this dufus still on T.V.? Shouldn't he just give up his time slot to his constant guest, the psycho Sylvia Browne. Maybe she'll be able to predict the show getting cancelled.

WHAT?

What is right and moral / wrong and immoral--

When one excuse after another are made for wrong and immoral, your character gets questioned as well (every time)
My color-your color / famous-or not, has nothing to do with brain cells. We all have them! It becomes 'your problem' when you choose not to use them. Just stay away from me.

Curtis Jones

Montel: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a big star!"

Public: "Didn't you used to have a talk show?"

LAofficer

You are so very right Nathan! I also agree w. poster #81 - he aint going nowhere - he wont even be slapped on the wrist - if he was white & did this (or something to a much lesser degree even) to a black person - he would be eviscerated & his entrails strewn across every morning, mid day & evening news program in existence, not JUST on TMZ.....this is no where NEAR equal justice, equal opportunity. How did it get this so far ass backwards????? & HOW DO WE CORRECT IT?????????????????????????????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6