Phyllis Diller -- Crazazy as Ever

12/3/2007 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Forget eBay! Phyllis Diller, yes she's 90, put on her best Phil Spector wig and invited more than 100 fans to her Brentwood estate on Sunday -- to literally buy the hand-painted pictures off her living room wall! A-hah-hahhh!

The nonagenarian yukster also gave TMZ cameras a rare glimpse of her bizarre celebrity rose garden.

Holla

texasangie1

LOVE HER!!! Glamorous Hollywood at it's finest! They just don't make them like that anymore! These new, skanky BRATS should take a lesson from Ms. Diller!

take dat betches

dayum, she's older than my mom but 10 times as sharp

FlBiker

I need to add her to my celebrity deathpool.

chismosa

I thought she was dead already.

MA

What a nice surprise to see Phyllis -- she's a super lady! My husband saw her years ago in Chicago doing her act and said he never laughed so hard! Thanks TMZ for making me smile today!!

Weirdenstein

Friends of mine that visited her home many months ago, said that nearly everything in her house had a price tag on it. Lovely lady if not a bit weird.

Hollywood's a Hazard

A real Star. I'd Love to buy something from her house. Any body remember "The Pruitts of South Hampton?

got2bkidn

LOVE HER -LOVE HER-LOVE HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS ONE OF A KIND - I HATE TO SEE HER GET OLDER - WHAT A SENSE OF HUMOR. DID SHE PAINT THOSE PAINTINGS - I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE ONE OF HER PAINTINGS OR TONY BENNETS PAINTINGS. EVEN THOUGH I WAS JUST A CHILD WHEN I FIRST SAW HER ON TV - SHE MADE ME LAUGH - HOPE SHE STAYS AROUND ANOTHER 90 YEARS !!!!!!

Anne-Marie

I love her! If I am that sharp at 60, I will be happy!

Go Phyllis!

cat

I absolutely love Phyllis Diller, she is definitely a class act. I was a set Decorator on a film she starred in. It was my first film, and we shot the picture in a really old house. I personally designed a dressing room just for her. She was so incredibly sweet and definitely a professional, I really enjoyed working with her.

Thank you TMZ for posting this, I truly appreciate it.

Gypsy

Phyllis is my hero. Of course at her age she needs price tags on everything, she could go at any moment and you have to know what it is worth???? Hah. Anyway, I don't think a lot of people realize how cash strapped the older stars are. If they dont' perform they don't get paid and can only live so long on savings.
I wish a new star would adopt her and get her living in a style she should have. Mucho queenly. She deserves it.

Pam

Someone should give Phyllis Diller her own morning talk show. She is hilarious. I am 48. She's a riot. Now she could show these young folks how to be funny. She is an absolute consumate performer. WHY IS SHE NOT WORKING. I'll bet it's not because she doesn't want to. It's because young idiot thinks she's a has been. Boy is that incorrect. She is as good or better today than ever. Would love to see her make the late night talk show circuit. Or do a BRAVO stand up show ..like Kathy Griffen. Call it...."Phyllis Diller...On The "A" List". Someone should film her from her home. Just take a couple of people to her home and do an in home sit down laugh fest with her for an hour. WOW!!!!! TMZ...that would bring in the advertising dollar for sure. Get the air time and DO IT!!!!! The others will cringe with envy.

voiceofreason

God lover her. She is awesome and still has a great sense of humor. I pray I still have her tenacity when I'm 90!

Former Movie Publicist

Phyllis Diller is a national treasure and should be commemorated as such. It is outrageous that she was not included in the latest Kennedy Center honorees. I still treasure her paperback from the 1960s, PHYLLIS DILLER'S HOUSEKEEPING HINTS, which included such gems as "make friends with your roaches" and "always serve dinner late--the starving will eat ANYTHING!" I'd even watch "The View" if she were a regular.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments