Coroner: Pimp C May Have Died of Natural Causes

12/4/2007 8:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Pimp CCapt. Ed Winter of the L.A. County Coroner's office tells TMZ that it appears as though rapper Pimp C died of natural causes in a Hollywood hotel room today.

We're told no drug paraphernalia or other drugs were found in the room. The rapper, we've learned, was found fully clothed on top of the bed. He did not seem to have fallen or injured himself and he was positioned on his side.

Winter said it did not appear that there was anyone else in the room at the time of his death. An autopsy will be performed and toxicology test results will be available in six to eight weeks.

Pimp C, whose real name is Chad Butler, was one half of the Houston rap duo UGK.

Hal Turner

More good news for American society.

LH

Heart disease is the #1 killer in the nation. Sometimes it creeps up silently while you sleep. Someone who suffered a heart attack - told me that people should only sleep on their left side.

LAME

I agree with you "tired of it all"

No drugs, no parapharnelia does not = natural causes!! I'd be willing to bet the farm toxicology reports will find the reason!

Jimmy Thegrunt

It's well known that Pimp C was into all kinds of "drugs" so it would be hard to believe it was "natural".

THE MAVENSTEIN

MAYBE MORE PIMP RAPPIN THUG GANGSTERS CAN FOLLOW THIS GUY AND GET THE HELL OUT OF ARE LIVES!!!

MAY THEY ALL DIE EARLY OF NATURAL CAUSES OR WHAAATEVVERRRR!!!

CIAO,
Plain Brown Rapper

SylenntDreamz

This is B/S, What was the 911 call for then??? Natural Causes?? Where is the recording of the 911 call???

Robert D

Screw anyone here with a negative comment R.I.P Pimp C

LensmanCT

It would be nice if Pimp A and Pimp B would be next...along with all the other Rap "Musicians"

tonysgirl59

Anyone ever hear of an anyurism? You guys just can't assume that he was on drugs. Not everyone is like YOU! Anyone, even in their 20's can have a brain anyurism. It's scarey, but you can't see it from the outside of the body. Geez. You people are so insensitive.

anwellsiue08

I dont believe he died of "natural causes". In my world, there's no such thing and if there is, especially not at age 33. This is an abomination. This is horrible. I loved Pimp C as a rapper and him and Bun B both are the best Southern rappers from Texas!! I just can't believe this is all so real. It's so peculiar that the police are there responding to a 911 call in the 1st place. What was that about? Then they arrive to find him fully clothed on top of the covers... come on now, somebody trying to cover something up, it seems. But the headlines say may have and the actual text says he has; which one is it? I guess we won't know anything else until the autopsy. I hope they do a thorough investigation, from finger prints, to any sort of DNA. It's all so sudden and it's all too accepted. But not with me. We as influenced hip hop fans demand to know what happened to one of the best rappers in the world!!!!

RC

PimpC RIP. All the Htown rappers are dying. Too much sizzurp.

Ugh

Some of y'all are so disrespectful, it's ridiculous. R.I.P. Chad

lucky

outweight the Bad...To the fans this is the time where he needs us the most lets keep him in our prayers!!
R.I.P Pimp C

e

I guess all of you have been to medical school and can and can automatically determine the cause of death by reading a few paragraphs......let the man rest in peace.

#8 I want to know when he was in your life and what he did to make it sooooo hard for you.

Why does it have to be drug or violence related when a black man dies.

Karma is a bitch.....people please watch what you say.

who fuggin cares

You people are so quick to judge because he's a rapper and has done time. The possibility of a genetic defect, a pulmonary embolism, or an undiagnosed condition ever occur to any of you idiots?

People die. You're going to die one day, too. And you have no idea how or why you're going to die, either. So let it go.