Coroner: Pimp C May Have Died of Natural Causes

12/4/2007 8:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Pimp CCapt. Ed Winter of the L.A. County Coroner's office tells TMZ that it appears as though rapper Pimp C died of natural causes in a Hollywood hotel room today.

We're told no drug paraphernalia or other drugs were found in the room. The rapper, we've learned, was found fully clothed on top of the bed. He did not seem to have fallen or injured himself and he was positioned on his side.

Winter said it did not appear that there was anyone else in the room at the time of his death. An autopsy will be performed and toxicology test results will be available in six to eight weeks.

Pimp C, whose real name is Chad Butler, was one half of the Houston rap duo UGK.

lee lee

what difference does it make what he died from! he died, and someone mother,sister,brother is mourning, could we all just show some respect, or just dont comment at all. DAMN !

JA'NANA

Why is everybody hating ? So what if he did this or that while he living. If they say it was natural causes then let it be. Respect the dead and stop hating.

Bird

You never know when you day is coming. Live life to the fullest. Rest in peace Chad. My prayers go out to his loved ones.

e

# 15......ummmm.....last time I checked when you find someone unconcious you should call 911.....well where I am from, thats what we do.

dallaslady214

First and foremost the people on hating - dissin' .. talking crap ... etc. ...etc... PIMP C wouldn't even pay no mind to it . So chill.

2ndly, I would like to give my condolences to the Butler family, friends, and fans. Pimp C was a positive inspiration to many. This is truly a sad day. I am such a big fan of his and he was so young and talented and had so much more to bring to Hip Hop itself.

Show this REAL man the respect he deserves. Not everyone is born wealthy! He's a fallen star ... its still so unbelievable.

Rest In Paradise Pimp C! We thank and love you for everything that you blessed us with.

iiLOVETMZ

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! I'M NOT A FAN OR RAP BUT THIS IS A HUMAN BEING CAN'T HE REST IN PEACE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE MAN AND YOUR SAYING HE DESERVED TO DIE? WHAT ABOUT HIS FAMILY THEIR STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE AND CAN READ EVERY WORD YOU WRITE HOW ABOUT HAVING SOME RESPECT FOR THEM AND NOT JUDGING SOMEONE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

nokia

I think he died on purpose so he could be popular!! His career was dropping!!

Afan

I never heard of "Pimp C" or UGK. There's too many rap groups to keep up with these days. I find it strange that someone so young would die of "natural causes," but we'll see what the coroner results are in a few weeks.

My condolences to the family and friends of Chad Butler, may he Rest In Peace.

Bid Dad E

It's really sad for someone who's life has not really began to die at such an early age. You guys leaving negative comments need to be ashamed of yourselves. That was someone's son, brother or maybe even father. I guess its easier to make fun of someone when its not affecting you. You will see when someone close to you dies how you really should have felt. RIP Pimp C...

Knuckles

it would be great if ppl who create wars and reasons for wars would be next...seems like they never die

Alexis

Wow a lot of bitter people in here. R.I.P. Pimp C.

Boss Up

its a shame reading these comments how racist people here are...i would dare any one of u to show up at the funeral and try and say those words...u surely wouldn't die of natural causes

R.I.P. Pimp C i won't let them tarnish your career and what u did for Hip Hop

Bird

You guys seem to be extremely upset that this young man was not shot and didn't have drugs in his room. You do know that these rappers have done little or none of what they rap about right? It's make believe. And you know who tells them to put out those fake stories? The insulated filthy rich white record label execs. Stop judging.

Who, me?

I would die too if I didn't have any drugs.

Sparticus

DAM! It wasnt 50cents? Dam!