Coroner: Pimp C May Have Died of Natural Causes

12/4/2007 8:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Pimp CCapt. Ed Winter of the L.A. County Coroner's office tells TMZ that it appears as though rapper Pimp C died of natural causes in a Hollywood hotel room today.

We're told no drug paraphernalia or other drugs were found in the room. The rapper, we've learned, was found fully clothed on top of the bed. He did not seem to have fallen or injured himself and he was positioned on his side.

Winter said it did not appear that there was anyone else in the room at the time of his death. An autopsy will be performed and toxicology test results will be available in six to eight weeks.

Pimp C, whose real name is Chad Butler, was one half of the Houston rap duo UGK.

J

"shemia" - hating of black people is the high sport of black people - pimps & rap & gangsta is too much about hate - bless the soul of Chad though - he is with his maker.

Knuckles

TMZ never gets rid of these racist comments - hmmm i bet i can post something that TMZ gets rid of quickly lol RACISM WILL CRUSH US ALL!!!!

Johnny H

RIP big fella.

"I know you watch me up there and it's gettin hard for me
When you get a chance, put a good word into the Lord for me
I been got caught up, got sent to the pen
I let ya down, I'm in a place I know you never thought you see me in
But all these things is happening for a reason
I guess God saved my life and put me up to see another season"

From: PIMP C- "I MISS U" Album: Pimpalation

moises

yo u guys neede to shut up thatsthe prolem wit white ppl n this country they think they kno everything about minorities but if u dont ko dont speak and dont talk down bout one of the kings R.I.P. PIM C and bun keep ya head up

Naima

This man was a human being, and he cried tears, he had family and friends, and i know he will be deeply missed. He did alot for the community and he had a big heart. So what, what he died of. Let him Rest in Peace and leave him alone. R.I.P. Pimp C. You are finally free. Bun B keep ya head up!!!

Chris

Yknow what... ALL of you saying its a good thing this man died should be sick. I've been a pimp c fan since I was a child, the man was caring, smart, articulate, and down to earth. His death is a giant blow to hiphop. He advocated personal responsibility, and perserverance. UGK was the Run DMC of the south. Did he have a checkered past? yeah, but if you knew him, if you listened to his music, he's cleaned himself up. Show some damned respect, don't comment on something you have no damn clue about, much less to disrespect someone who just died. It's disgusting.

J

"Bird" - fly away racist low IQ one.

Kitty

He just got out of jail not too long ago. Something looks fishy. They'll find out. Anyway R.I.P Pimp C I loved his songs.

equal opportunity offender

29. I can't wait until dumb a$$ Brittany Spears, Amy Crackhouse, Paris Hoe-lton, and these other usless crackers kill over. Dumb a$$ YT's make me sick

RIP Pimp C.

Posted at 7:09PM on Dec 4th 2007 by Dipsh!t YT's

um.... i dont think us YT'S would care about that either...... we hate them too.

Naima

oh one more thing, these people on here are trully disrespectful. Ignorance is a damn shame!!

Billy

There is a grave waiting for us all!! R.I.P.

JDtheDJoftheJR

Who is Pimp C and UGK???? Rappers are a penny a dozen, not even a dime a dozen. Its a shame when anyone dies, but "its hard out there" for anyone to really care about a thug/pimp/rapper. There's always more where he came from.

WTF

I'm with #23, WTF is wrong with you people? He was a human being and regardless of his lifestyle, we shouldn't be glad he lost his life. Would you want someone saying this about you when you die? This man has family, friends, and fans that love him and you guys need to show a little respect for them and their feelings. No one is perfect and I'm sure all of us have done something that we weren't proud of or lived our lives in a way that didn't please someone. Does that mean we should be judged for it when we die? Who the hell are you to make these comments any damn way? That is so sick and disrespectful. You don't even know him personally. Musicians are "performers". They entertain the masses. How they are on record or on stage doesn't necessarily mean they are like that in life. Grow up and get a heart! I send my condolences to Pimp C's fam and all those who loved him. God Speed.

anthony

RIP first thing to Pimp C.. I grew up listening to the legendary UGK. actually help me out in life growing up. A true pioneer that did not hold his tongue that spoke true and spoke from the gut!....Its funny how a bunch of you people kinda joke about this mans death..Someone that has made a difference in millions of lives!!!...Regardless of how he died he is missed and he still accomplished alot. Yea texas is known for lean but i remember what UGK has brought over 15 + years True southern Hiphop!!!

pamala

TO ALL YOU NEGTIVE PEOPEL YOU LOWLIFES TALKING BAD ABOUT THE DEATH OF SOMEBODY HOW RAISED YOU TO BE SO HATEFUL I DON'T CARE WHO THE PERSON IS HOW THEY DEID HAVE SOME RESPET FOR THE DEAD YOU HATER