From Brit to Liza, Fur Flies for Femmes

12/4/2007 4:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Looks like some celebs still aren't hiding from wearing a dead animal -- in the name of fashion.

Even as the anti-fur movement gets more vociferous, TMZ -- in just one weekend -- spotted Britney Spears, Liza Minnelli, Eve, Mary J. Blige, Sharon Stone and even Madonna fur-nished with all manner of fur-ish coats. We're told that Britney proudly took her shagerrific (and very real fur) coat at her birthday party in Bel Air.

PETA, as ever, took Liza to task for her outerwear, telling TMZ in a statement that it "hopes that Liza, who abstained from fur for years, gets back on the wagon of compassion." As for Sharon Stone, the anti-fur brigade was less charitable, saying, "Put your fur coat away, Sharon."

Reps for Eve, Sharon Stone, Liza and Madonna haven't yet gotten back to us about the provenance of their clients' coats.

One notable exception -- Sarah Jessica Parker, wearing a lovely Star Wars-esque fur coat, usually, we're told, wears fake fur.
Click to see: Fur or Faux?

bethany

Will someone tell these women that fur makes them look FAT & OLD!!

They look awful

Lorra

I would suggest that all of you uneducated followers who think fur is cool.....just because you have no life of your own and live vicariously through your movie star idols...

take just a peek at the web site above....
then perhaps we can debate

AND all you PETA haters!! PETA has done more to raise awareness of animal abuse, care and welfare in the past 20 years than any other organization.

Lilarose

EVERY FUR COAT HURTS!

I saw a scrapbook owned by my school friend's father who had helped to liberate the Nazi concentration camps in Germany at the end of WWII. He picked up some items he found and brought them back to the U.S. because people here didn't believe what was going on in the camps.

The cover was made of human skin. Each skin donor was personally selected by the skin tanner. Skin color, smoothness, markings were all considered in the selection.

Other items made were lampshades, book covers, attache cases, anything.

Human beings are cruel to each other and to those we are supposed to take care of. We deserve what we get on this Earth, and I think someday God will take a look at his creation and decide he can do better and destroy us. We will deserve it!

Baseball Junkie

Lorra, I refuse to listen to anyone's propaganda including the government and Al Gore. And propaganda consists of presenting only one side of the evidence in a provocative manner so as to provoke an emotional response as opposed to a rational one. PETA screwed themselves over the same way Greenpeace did by advocating violence. Granted PETA hasn't taken it quite as far but they are not trustworthy.

Wicked

What am I suppose to do with my 3 minks inherited from MIL, Grandma and mother.
They are classey and in fine shape.

I think I should be able to wear them without guilt. I didn't buy them.

Lilarose

Small fur-bearing animals such as the mink have an electric probe shoved into their rectums and the juice is then turned on.

I would like to do this to a few posters who think torturing animals for ornamental fur coats is cool.

Hunters who gather pelts for warmth (of which there aren't that many in the world since other materials are pretty universal) do not kill them in this manner.

Wicked

Lilarose
Wow that was deep.

Lilarose

#49 that is an easy question to answer.

Bury them so no one else can parade around in them.

That is about the only dignified thing to do.

Lilarose

A fun thing to do with someone wearing a true fur (and be sure it is if you are going to put yourself in danger!) is to walk up behind them on a busy street and spray them with red paint!

Try to get that off, cleaners!

Wicked

Why not make a pillow out of them?

Ron

The thing is Lilarose, if you spray a fur coat with paint, that doesn't change the mind of the wearer, who goes out and buys a NEW coat, killing more of your precious rodents, you twit.

the lost

Fur looks ugly. Fake or real. When I buy a coat or jacket, most of the trendy ones have a fake fur collar attached. They are ugly, so I always take the collar off before wearing them. Even if the fur is fake it's ugly. Most companies use fake fur. I think real fur should be outlawed like Ivory. I am not a Peta person, I love meat, but I don't think animals should be worn. J-Lo made a rabbit vest once in her clothing company. I hate J-Lo she is a whore bag. And Bebe has a coat with real rabbit fur I hate that crappy rotten company! To hell with Bebe!!!

the lost

Oh yeah and I fully realize that leather is an animal, as is suede. I don't see it the same as fur, so sue me. For example, I went to Coach last year and of course their bags have leather in them, but the REAL ZEBRA RUG WITH HEAD STILL ATTACHED in their store disturbed the HELL outta me!!!

Helen

No one is torturing animals for their fur, idiot. The animals are pampered and fed well to produce good quality fur. Then they are humanely killed to harvest the fur without damage. The animals are raised for that purpose only and wouldn't even be around if not for the fur. It's none of your damned business if some people want to wear fur. Should we take all the animal-derived medicines off the market too? The anti-fur thing was a fad and it has now run it's course. Find some other cause to make yourself feel superior.

Baseball Junkie

Waste of life, I wear leather but I have to agree that a skin rug with head attached weirds me out too. It feels very disrespectful to the spirit of the animal. I doubt the killer or the rug buyer have given thanks to the Great Spirit for its life.