Kiefer Is Currently Being Booked

12/5/2007 10:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Kiefer was just booked. He is officially an inmate. The booking records show he is 5'10", 150 lbs, blue eyes, blond hair, 40 years old. The arrest time (surrender) was 5:30 PM and he was booked 16 minutes later. According to Glendale PD PIO John Balian he will wear a standard issue orange jumpsuit.

TMZ is at the Glendale City Jail where Kiefer Sutherland is currently being processed. We're told he is wearing slacks and a collared shirt ... for now.

Jail officials tell us he will be searched, have a booking photo taken and be placed in a holding cell awaiting cell assignment. We're told he'll also be served dinner tonight. We hear the chicken ala king is the best!

He was scheduled to turn himself in on December 21, which happens to be his birthday. The plan was to serve when the show was on Christmas hiatus. But because of the writers strike and the fact that the show is on ice, Kiefer checked in earlier.

The Glendale City Jail has 96 beds and 48 cells. The cells are double occupancy -- 10 x 8. There's a toilet, washbasin, water fountain in each cell and a shower in the day room area.

When it comes to visitation, it won't be touchy-feely. All visitations are done on video between 1:00 and 4:00 PM for 15 minutes. A max of two visits per day are permitted.

TMZ spoke with Glendale Police Chief Randy Adams, who said Kiefer will be treated "just like anyone else," adding, "The fact that he's a celebrity -- he checked that at the door when he checked in." Chief Adams said Sutherland will perform laundry and kitchen duties and will serve the entire 48 days consecutively. The Chief said Kiefer will not share a cell, but that is S.O.P. in Glendeezy because all "long term inmates" get their own digs.

Adams also says Kiefer has been "cooperative."

ben silverstein

He is only human! Im no saint. My solution? I quit driving six years ago. Give Kiefer a break. mama mia!

Trina

Nebraska girl ... you can be classified as a drunk driver after just one drink (depending on how much alcohol is in it) ... and even if you're feeling fine and alert ... if you get pulled over, it's still a DUI. I highly doubt he was swerving and all of that madness. I could be wrong though.

I'm sorry about your friend, no doubt. That's awful.

Hal

Another one bites the dust! Now wasn't THAT a stupid decision you chose, dude!

windy

dat sux.

jokerface

I bet he handled the entire situation with dignity. I'm sure he wasn't kicking and screaming for mommy yelling "This isn't fair"!!!!

barb

I wish him luck. Hopefully he will be ready to fight his demons. Keifer is a talented actor and he has handled this situation with class and dignity.

Good luck Keifer and God Bless.

jp

So pathetic that tmz gets such a boner off of crap like this. How many of you jackasses have drank and drive yet just didn't get caught. The guy did't hurt anyone and he's going to jail. He should be in rehab. this society should just go back to prohibition. harmless people going to jail. joke!

She Never Learns

I kant wait to have keefer as mi cellmate. He be going to make love with me. I will be on top. I plan to make a baby with keefer. He will be my beotch.

Linda

I know he is a celebrity, and yes, he was wrong in what he did, He needs to straighten up..I hope for his sake he does..Kiefer is a great actor, 24 is one of the best show's around..Very sad to realize he is going to be spending the Holiday's in jail..I just have one question to ask...All these clubs, bars..that serve minors..(I realize Kiefer is not) why aren't they doing time..?

I hope all works out well for him..I know I sound very one sided..regarding this matter..but when you look at all the goofs in Hollywood, Paris, Britney and ofcourse Lindsay..gee, How many minutes did she serve?..and she tried to attck someone in a car..Ahhh, but I forgot she went to rehab..

Good luck Kiefer ..You are still the best !!!

Lilarose

So, what did he do? Poor "journalism" assuming readers know about it.

Actually, I have never heard of this guy....generation gap, I think.

Why isn't he eligible for the 84 minutes like Linsay and Richie and Hilton?

Rascal

In and out in a couple of days, max. Sorry for the inconvenience. He'll be back.

Fred Truth

All you dumbasses clearly didn't read the sentencing agreement where he MUST serve the time. He will serve the 48 days!

shadyclaudelois

Kieffer : don't get rear ended in jail , ya know what I mean??

Sharona

For the life of me I can not understand why a "celebrity" can not afford a taxi or a chauffeur. If they drink that is fine, but stay out from behind the wheel.....Sorry I have no sympathy.................

Marci

Get a grip people for those of you that think you wear a halo. I'm not saying that what he did shouldn't matter but for heavens sake think about how many times you got behind the wheel after only one drink or taking a perscription medication that said do not operate a motor vehicle,could easily be you killing my sister in-law or maming my sons half sister. How about spending your time helping get the killers that are on the lamb or the a**holes that rape and or molest women and children.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments