Akon's Newest Photo Shoot

12/6/2007 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Check out Akon's latest publicity, er, photo. Sharply dressed man!
Akon's booking photo
Prosecutors charged Akon with endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment, after he allegedly threw a teenage fan off the stage at a concert in New York state back in June. In his court appearance Monday, he pleaded not guilty to the charges, and his lawyer issued a statement saying the singer "deeply regrets" the incident.

Elisabeth

I dont think akon did anything wrong he was just defending himself bc the boy threw a bottle cap and it came inces away from his face. so what would u do if some one did that to u.

two cents

What a loser.

ME

He's one class act. NOT! Throwing a fan off the stage just isn't right. He looks like a pimp.

little momma

Oh my God! He should be getting in trouble. He could of really hurt someone. Regardless of what the kid did - he is a kid! If that was my kid the man would go to jail, I would press charges and his ass would be sued!!!!!

beefcake

He is a thug. I would love just 5 minutes alone with him so that I could seriously injure him.

MrBumpcap

He should have been charged with Attepmted Murder. And assualt of a minor.. Whee's the kids parents at. IF that was my son Akon would be DEAD!!!

writergal

I wonder if I would be treated if I picked a minor up at an event and just threw him.

at least Keifer is taking his punishment like a man.

Own up Akon -- you did WRONG!

2 1/2 Volts

Akon.....if your pleading not guilty.......why do you deeply regret the incident? HUH!

Must be all laywer verbage...because it wasn't a teenager, it was a midget!

Carolyn A-B

Did the kid get hurt, or the people he fell onto? I've lived in Fishkill, NY for the better part of a decade. That was about as exciting as it gets.

brett

I live in Beacon, NY, the town next door to Fishkill. I drove by the police station on the way to the store the day he showed up to answer charges. There were police all over the place directing traffic, ambulances, etc. It was a nightmare. I thought there was some huge accident. I had no idea what was going on until I read about it in the news.

IzzIttTru

Allegedly? There is a tape where it cleary shows that he THREW the kid! How is it alleged? He hoisted him on his shoulders and three him into the audience! What more proof do they need? As he is a celebrity, he'll probably get an agreement which will be either a fine and/or community service, but he "might" not get jail time.

Destro

Is Akon working part-time for Century 21?

writergal

#9, that's funny!

i was at the event...still waiting for him to admit he tried to start something by ripping off his shirt.

kim suck

RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCD

Endangering the welfare of a minor? Second degree harassment?

They must have already agreed to water down the charges. That was clearly assault, not "endangerment" or "harassment". What about the woman who was hurt when she got smacked with a flying kid?

That's disappointing to say the least.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments