Akon's Newest Photo Shoot

12/6/2007 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Check out Akon's latest publicity, er, photo. Sharply dressed man!
Akon's booking photo
Prosecutors charged Akon with endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment, after he allegedly threw a teenage fan off the stage at a concert in New York state back in June. In his court appearance Monday, he pleaded not guilty to the charges, and his lawyer issued a statement saying the singer "deeply regrets" the incident.

Neil

He should be also be charged with a hate crime. If a white singer had thrown a black kid into a crowd of people, I guarantee that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been up in arms about it while playing the race card.

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

He looks like a real dink in that gay outfit!

Holdnitdwn

yo its really funny how people hate and call him a thug because he is black. I aint hollering racism either. But Racial Bias is just as bad. They boy didnt even get hurt. He looked like he had fun. Everyone trips out when the black guy tosses someone in a crowd. but when Metal/rock groups do it its all good. Yall kill me. Look at yourselves and tell me if they White rocker did it would you be making the same remarks? No that menas you are racially biased.

dave

I love the word "Allegedly"...I guess we should also say someone allegedly recorded, without permission, Akon allegedly throwing a fan off the stage, that he allegedly called for and had brought on stage...allegedly...

hiven

Now, I do not know whrther the news it true or not, yesterday, I saw another opposite news about him on tallfriends.com/photo/tallgirlhiven, it is a site for introducing celebrities.

Anne

Yeah - is he really 7' tall??

Matthew

#30 :::: but when Metal/rock groups do it its all good. Yall kill me. Look at yourselves and tell me if they White rocker did it would you be making the same remarks? No that menas you are racially biased.

Please tell me one instance when a "white rocker" has picked up a person and thrown them into a crowd? Please. Right now.

You might be thinking of "stage diving" where a fan jumps on stage then jumps back into the crowd by his own accord. That type of action is actually normal at a "rock" show and is accepted in that culture/scene. Other fans in the crowd know that this type of thing happens and is expected.

But when a thug picks up someone who doesn't want to be picked up, and then thrown from a high place hap-hazardly into other people, that's a whole different story.

You're obviously black, no offense, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and are blindly sticking up for Akon because YOU are racially biased.

FelchingKimK

what a pos... anyone who defends him deserves to die

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3