Amy's Mom to Wino -- Get Your S*** Together!

12/9/2007 6:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amy WinehouseThere's no question that Amy Winehouse is a very hot mess. And no one apparently knows this better than her own mother. Nothing like calling your daughter out in public!

In an open letter published in the UK's News of the World, Janis Winehouse pleads for her daughter to get help.

In the letter, Janis writes, "You are still my baby and you always will be. I pile hope upon hope that you will make that decision, Amy, and your strong will can bend for just a moment to make that decision and come home to me."

She goes on to say, "Early fame has overwhelmed you, it's dizzied you and muddled your mind ... remember you're just an ordinary human being, no stronger than any of the rest of us. You think you're strong enough to get through this on your own, darling, but you're not." Early fame. Yeah ... that's it.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Congratulations

My 15 year-old brother is a drug addict, and we've done everything we can possibly do short of chaining him to his bed. It's NOT easy. As for embarassing Amy -she's already done that without anyone's help, nevermind her mother writing an open letter. She has family and fans who love her - it's worth whatever it takes to get her well!

Whatever

Winehouse? What a name, never even heard of her till this stuff started. She is a freak and needs to lay off the sauce and take a bath, IN BLEACH! What a trash whore!

rae

talentless ugly piece of garbage please go away

Sparticus

I want to be different from every one else . I want people to notice
me. My music is not enough. I must be loved and accepted. I felt this
way trough out child hood. People said I was special with a special
voice, but I feel vacant so I must be wanted. I must be different . I
need your attention people. See me !love me ! want me! For I am
different!

Sparticus

Keep coming my way Amy .We will meet real soon. I coming extremely fast and I am approaching you **DEAD** on..............

BabiDah;

I'm one of Amy's biggest fans. People need stop pointing the finger if ur not going to help dissolve the problem. Get better soon mama because you and your life can be sooooo much more....Its funny in a weird way she is the Billie Holiday of our times..............Luv the hell out of you and your music!

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10