Amy's Mom to Wino -- Get Your S*** Together!

12/9/2007 6:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amy WinehouseThere's no question that Amy Winehouse is a very hot mess. And no one apparently knows this better than her own mother. Nothing like calling your daughter out in public!

In an open letter published in the UK's News of the World, Janis Winehouse pleads for her daughter to get help.

In the letter, Janis writes, "You are still my baby and you always will be. I pile hope upon hope that you will make that decision, Amy, and your strong will can bend for just a moment to make that decision and come home to me."

She goes on to say, "Early fame has overwhelmed you, it's dizzied you and muddled your mind ... remember you're just an ordinary human being, no stronger than any of the rest of us. You think you're strong enough to get through this on your own, darling, but you're not." Early fame. Yeah ... that's it.

San Francisco

Ex-addict here.
NO ONE can force or shame A.W. to change until SHE decides she's had enough.
12 step programs mention GOD -> 8 TIMES in 12 steps, so people who aren't willing to become religious stay away. I ended up bloody - that was my last drunk - but it took 10 years. I used Rational Recovery.
Maybe Amy needs to burn out 1st?

mySTRONGopinion

OMG, I can't believe the crap I'm reading. As a mother who has dealt with a rehab son, you people are so stupid. It's not that easy to get them help. THEY have to want it. I say kudos to MOM for reaching out probably the only way she knows how. Amy is much worse a case than my son WAS, but my heart goes out to the mother.

As for the nimrod writer of the TMZ article, how would you know what it's like to have FAME, you people are parasites living off the fame of other people.

just wondering

..justmyopinion....nice to read some good news!!...kudos to ur son!!!

Barack

Hey jr, you mean the part where justmyopinion states "you people are so stupid?"

Lenn K.

#30, Well put, no one wants to go public unless this is the 13th hour and it's time to go for broke. When you go through probably as much as this mother has with a daughter who's habits are totally out-of-control you do what you have to do. Amy is in trouble and the world can see it, why? Only she knows but her mother is doing what she believes is the only thing she can do!!!

just wondering

..SO TRUE....I don't ever bother responding to negative...I always do my best to focus on the positve..just my nature..

Tangie

Sounds like you're the stupid one, SO TRUE!

kelly

1st punk a doodles :)))))))))))))))

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

LOVE her music - she is so talented - hope she gets help soon.

Barack

Amen, Tony Haze, and good luck to you. Maybe one day people will finally realize that it
is up to the "adult individual" and the rest of the family can only stand by to be there and
hope and pray.

So, STOP trashing the Moms (ala Brit and Lohan et al); and not one of you has even mentioned a Dad. Why do they get a free pass?

By the way, just as a matter of information, Amy's mum is a pharmacist. No kidding.

anonymous

Tony Haze, thank you for your comment...I'm a recovering alcoholic and an addict myself and I truly believe that SHE has to want it for herself...

Barack

Hey Shut it, aka justmyopinion, you're the one trashing people for no reason calling people stupid. Coward.

Tangie

jr is really mean.

J

Thirty mom zone TMZ - mom is smart & trying her best - hey kids do the weirdest things - parents have their own life - if grown kids screwup - so be it.

Seriously