Amy's Mom to Wino -- Get Your S*** Together!

12/9/2007 6:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amy WinehouseThere's no question that Amy Winehouse is a very hot mess. And no one apparently knows this better than her own mother. Nothing like calling your daughter out in public!

In an open letter published in the UK's News of the World, Janis Winehouse pleads for her daughter to get help.

In the letter, Janis writes, "You are still my baby and you always will be. I pile hope upon hope that you will make that decision, Amy, and your strong will can bend for just a moment to make that decision and come home to me."

She goes on to say, "Early fame has overwhelmed you, it's dizzied you and muddled your mind ... remember you're just an ordinary human being, no stronger than any of the rest of us. You think you're strong enough to get through this on your own, darling, but you're not." Early fame. Yeah ... that's it.

Barack

jr is drunk again, the usual. The ha ha's after every other word, big clue -- and annoying.
I've seen her posts a week ago on other stories. Same dribble.........

Anyway, either Amy figures it out or doesn't, I just don't agree with some that she (meaning her talent) is "brilliant" or "amazing."

Mimi

No wonder Amy is drugged and naked in the streets; her mother couldn't control her as a child and now she's a hopeless adult. Her mother needs to show her some tough love and bring her home. Her daughter is a wreck and needs a face to face intervention. They don't seem to have a very close relationship if her mom has to post an open letter to the public. What a phony~

Tangie

jr is a girl? I'm also having drinks. BTW, I'm David, Miss jr. (AKA sore bonzzzzz)

LuciLiu2

I'M JUST WAITING FOR HER TO COME TO THE GRAMMYS AND MAKE A FOOL OF HERSELF LIKE SHE ALWAYS DOES!

FlBiker

A.W. does not look like she will live for too much longer.

Barack

Oh great, Ala carte ya'll, now you've done it. Believe me, you'll have the whole life story
in no time, but by no means will it be in "English" as we know it.

Yevrah Enivel

Is he a Shiksa?

L.A. Douchenozzle, Esq.

Run that foto again where she's got BOTH nostrils so packed with coke it's all running out. That's a CLASSIC showing this trainwreck as the cokehead skank she is.

Tangie

LOL FOR SURE What is Amy doing right now? Hmmm....

just wondering

.....FYI...I never indulge until later in the evening and I'm not into "lol"...if my posting bothers u so much...maybe u should pass by them!!!...just sayin!!!!! hahahahahhahaha.....

J

What is all this talk about coke - I like diet coke - very refreshing in Palm Springs' weather.

Party 'till you die!

Tony Haze:
I met a girl who seemed nice, but enjoyed drinking a little too much. I have never been a heavy drinker, but we were friends for a while and if we went out, she would usually get blasted. If we did other things, she didn't get this way, but there was definitely a problem. We started seeing each other, but I kept it light. Then I really saw that she was a major closeted alcoholic and would hide it from me more and more as we hung out. I was totally clueless at first. Long story short, she began to drink really hard, lost her job, got a DUI, and got into a small, but intense AA group. I stayed with her and didn't drink a to support her. She then started to go off into the deep end of religion and started carrying a bible with her everywhere she went. I'm spiritual and don't mind people who believe, but it got strange. I finally went to a meeting and the leader was laying hands on, literally thumping bibles the whole time, and even EXPELLING UNCLEAN DEVILS from people. It turned into extreme religious brainwashing of already weakened people. Someone else I knew who went through AA said it was nothing like that for him, Higher power oriented, but not like that! Well, she really went off of on the God is standing right here and talking to me thing and I totally cut it off mainly due to that! She really freaked out and called me possessed! Last I heard, she got a second extreme DUI after blowing a .34 at 10:30 am and plowing thru a stop sign and totaling a car driven by an illegal alien who fled the scene and never came back( no comment on that). I understand she is still drinking, despite the exorcisms! Oh well, that's what I get for trying to date someone so deep in trouble.
Anyway Tony, congrats on your finally quitting through Rational Recovery's help! I wish my ex would have gone that route! It may not have saved our relationship, but it would have been better than watching her doing scenes from the Drunken Exorcist! I've never heard of that group, but certainly appreciate hearing about it now. Good Luck with everything and stay dry out there in a soggy world!

J

jr - sipping a bit of Canadian whiskey & playing hockey & sled dogging & 50 C. below - perfect Sunday evening.

PS - hopefully someone is watching Brit to see if she has picked up any new discounts.

Party 'till you die!

Sorry so off topic! AW will only get help and quit if she really, really gets sick of being sick all the time! No one can force her. Not moms, not courts ( she can be forced to go, but forcing never works), not friends, only herself. She is the only one who can save herself. Being that she seemed to be making a statement with her hit 'Rehab', I don't have much hope for right now. It will come from when she has one of those near death, life altering moments, if it ever does come!

J

Anonymous - giving me some fine ideas - I form a tax free religion & lay hands on beautiful ladies to exorcise their substance abuse demons - how cool is that?