Brit Bailed Out by Photog

12/10/2007 9:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

You can add one more thing that the paparazzi are doing for Britney Spears: Paying for stuff that she doesn't bother paying for.

Us reports that a photog actually went back to the Chevron in Sherman Oaks, Calif., and shelled out the $1.39 for the cigarette lighter that BritBrit filched on Friday. "[The manager] didn't want me to pay for it at first," says the snapper, Shane Partridge. "I told him it was no bother."

Don't encourage the girl to smoke, y'all.

Oprah Gets Down Down South for Obama

Hillary who? The biggest female on the campaign trail is, without a doubt, Oprah Winfrey.

The talk empress went out for what were putatively campaign stops but turned into rabid, full-scale rallies, especially in South Carolina, where 30,000 people filled a football stadium to see the O&O show, a record. Oprah even got 8,500 people to show up at an event in New Hampshire – are there even 8,500 in the state?

Party Favors: "Compass" Opens with Not-So-Golden $26 Mil ... Random Icelandic Teen Calls Into White House Red Phone

The much-hyped "Golden Compass" won the box office, but pulled in a disappointing $26.1 million, falling short of "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Chronicles of Narnia" as December fantasy releases. A minimum of $30 million was expected, and no word on how much Christian protests were to blame. ... A teenager from Iceland got through to a private White House line, reports ABC News, by posing as the president of Iceland, and paid for it – he was detained by police and questioned, though not charged.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

DARK MEAT ONLY

Oprah needs to mind her thyroid problem and realize there are plenty of people who don't have her billions but they can still perform their own thinking.

Michelle

Sounds like Britney, the photographer willing to pay for her stealing, and the store owner are all a perfect threesome---all with messed up values. Brit---so obvious, loser on all levels, the store owner, who says "she can steal from him anytime", and the photographer, that, well, spends his days trailing a loser and then helps her steal. Perfect threesome. Glad they all found each other, and can stay away from the rest of us.

justm

what is with people in show business thinking their polical opinions matter to normal folks, scares the crap out of me, if somone truly bases their vote for the leader of this country on what a talk show host or any other "celeb" (whose most likely a high school drop out living in fantsay land) jerk thinks!!!! what do they know what it takes a normal person has to do to survive & live

janet

How come now that she's making these speeches she sounds like martin king whyyyyyyy southern drawl.

ANDREA

OPRAH SHOULD STICK TO HER LITTLE BOX ON THE TV SCREEN AND STAY OUT OF POLITICS. SO PEOPLE WHO LIKE OPRAH HAVE TO LIKE OBAHMA. TOTALLY STUPID!!! ELECTIONS SHOULD BE BASED ON THE ISSUES AND WHAT A PERSON CAN DO FOR THE COUNTRY, NOT YOUR CELEBRITY BUDDY. ANYWAYS WHO WANTS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES NAME TO RHYME WITH OSAHMA!!!!!! VOTE HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLINTON'S ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Fed

I am from the great state of Iowa, and I can tell you that the majority of people who showed up at the Obama campaign showed up to see Oprah. Obama is not doing as well as the media says he is doing in Iowa. He will be lucky to take 3rd here. Many Iowans are aware of Oprah's bad judgement, whether it's her books she reads or problems with her school, the list goes on. Iowans view Obama as non-patriotic, with the many articles and such showing Obama not putting his hand on his heart during the national anthem, not wearing the 9/11 pin and not wanted to say the pledge of allegience. Iowans don't take this lightly, especially when so many Iowans lost their lives defending this country. I see lots of Hillary signs and for the republicans many Huckabee signs here. These two WILL win the Iowa caucus.After Iowa, Obama will be the next Howard Dean .. wait and see

two cents

I'm not a huge fan of Oprah, but I have to wonder if she seriously thinks that just because these women buy the books she recommends, would they really vote for Obama just because Oprah said so?

I can think and decide for myself. I don't need some mega fame whore to tell me who I should vote for. There's even talk of her running for VP. Lord help us. Can you just see those two representing the USA at political functions? LMAO!

I would love to have photographers pan the audience. I'm guessing the more time that goes by, the darker the audience will become. And if that's the case, I bet her helping Obama will have the complete opposite results. =)

two cents

She's going to regret the day she decided to get into politics. Mark my words.

Huge mistake Oprah!

Becky

I saw only a bit of Oprahs appearance this weekend
She stressed heavily that this is the first candidate she has ever supported
Well I wonder why hmmm
I guess if not for Obama running she would be supporting Hillary as she claims to admire women who achieve things in life
So is she that in tune to Obamas political promises or is it something else?
A sit down interview with her would surely show if she even knows what his agenda is

Lerch

#4 Oprah is black when she needs to be. She turns her blackness on and off like a light switch. The millions of lemmings that watch her show will do whatever and think whatever she tells them to.

Carolyn A-B

No, I don't think Oprah will regret her support of Obama. I'm heartened to see her lend her considerable support to someone who is worthwhile. In the past she has given a forum to plastic surgery "addicts," morbidly obese people who only recently made the decision to diet, and well-connected rich folks who didn't need the national spotlight of her show, as they already had access to the media (Tom Cruise, Madonna, Seinfeld's wife, the adulteress he saw fit to marry, etc.) Barack Obama carries political weight and he brings an "audacity of hope" to politics. Her support of Obama and her building of the Leadership Academy in South Africa have raised Oprah considerably in my sights. She is supporting a candidate, and this is her right. More power to you, Oprah.

DENISE

IT WAS A WOMAN FROM X17ONLINE.COM WHO WENT AND PAID FOR BRITNEY'S LIGHTER. THERE IS VIDEO, AND AUDIO PROOF OF THE WOMAN (FROM X17ONLINE) DOING THIS LAST NIGHT. THIS GAS STATION SEEMS TO BE COLLECTING MONEY FROM ANYONE IT CAN, FOR THIS LIGHTER, AND I SUSPECT THAT THE LIGHTER HAS BEEN PAID FOR, OVER, AND OVER, OVER AGAIN!

Sloane

re: Oprah/Obama

I think that some Masters and Phd students in university will be doing papers on this
i.e. the effect of public personalities on politics/voting/voter turnout etc.

interesting topic

Oprah isn't the first celebrity to go on the campaign stump with a candidate, she is just the first one with a massive audience to do so

Susan Sarandon. Tim Robbins, Alec Baldwin, Barbra Streisand, Phil Donahue and more have done this too-just to mention a few "big names"

Their presence draws people to come out and hear the politician's message, which is great

Once you hear the messages and compare for yourself, then you vote your heart and your conscience-

so I don't think that intelligent, informed people will necessarily vote for the candidate that the celebrity endorses

copying a hairstyle, reading a book etc. is a lot different that copying a vote-that is mindless and I give the American public more credit than that

what do the rest of you think??????
or am I alone in my reasoning?

YEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!

Uh oh. Time for the full spectrum of uncomfortable white people comments.

two cents

#14 I hope you're right. You seem to have more faith in the Amerian public than I do. It's the mindless minion mentality that re-elected Shrub for another term. =)

#9 Doesn't she realize that her main audience is made up of middle aged white women. I'll be curious as to how this all turns out.

#8 Yes, it sure is quite 'interesting' that she has never publicly endorced a candidate before, gee, I wonder what's different this time. /sarcasm

Voting for someone just because of their race is the same stupid mentality as not voting for someone for the same thing. Let's hope the best person 'wins'. Enough of these losers in the White House. This country is a joke in the eyes of the world nowadays. Who can we thank for that? The 55% and you know who you are. LOL

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments