The Glamour of a Gown and an Exposed Tattoo

12/10/2007 3:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There's no denying "Transformers" star Megan Fox is gorgeous, but her exposed tattoo is not!
Megan Fox
As Melanie Griffith, Eve and Angelina Jolie can attest, nothing wrecks a classy outfit quite like some exposed ink. We will all laugh at gilded butterflies -- and trashy ensembles! Basura!

From little black dress to little black mess in seven words or less!

daisy

Who is she? It's her choice if she wants that ugly tattoo

Leticia

I agree.....the tat is so much better looking than the dress. You go girl. Tattoo do not make you trashy......your attitude does.

jo

ITS ALWAYS THE HAGS THAT HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST WELL LETS FACE IT ANYTHING, BIG DEAL WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT TATTOOS?????

Since_October

Although I can't see what it says, the tattoo isn't bad. The dress is terrible. I don't think there's anything wrong with tattoos either. Some people do and some don't. Everyone has their opinion.

norm

But wait, theres more.
Perhaps one of Fox's best known characteristics is her array of tattoos on her body:[12]

"There once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her HEART." (left section of torso)
"We will all laugh at gilded butterflies." (Shakespeare Quote [13]) (back, near right shoulder)
Marilyn Monroe portrait (right forearm)
Tribal waves symbol (left wrist)
Star and crescent moon (inner right leg above ankle)
"Brian" (right side lower stomach)

Geri

I think it looks icky! I can't help but wonder what it will look like a few years down the road when it does that inevitable fading and starts to droop towards the South. It will not be a pretty sight at all. YUCK

Joe

The tattoo takes away any attempt at conveying elegance. It destroys the flow and contrast of the clean lines of a dress. What should be a seamless design, with color and the natural movement of now ruined by the unsightly tattoo. All of your great models know this- they wouldn't dream of adding a tattoo to their bodies. For anyone who thinks excessive amount of forced ink and color is cool, just wait until you get older. You will probably regret this mistake. As your skin begins to loosen and sag, the tattoo's design becomes a blemish not easily removed, unless you've got the money to do it. You're probably in your twenties now, thinking it all looks hot. You won't think so when you're in your forties, fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties... I know a number of guys and women in LA, who wish they had never done tattoos!

norm

Check out her boyfriend. A match made in heaven, or at least a tattoo parlor.

isabel

She is a pretty girl, but the tattoo UGH. She needs some drop-dead earrings instead.

Laura

I don't understand why the media and public must ridicule people (especially women) for display interest in counter-culture ideals... Or in Ms. Fox’s case, showing off a well designed tattoo. I personally don't have a single tat, but I do not look down upon this ancient art and could never goes as far as calling someone "trashy" for having one... She's a beautiful woman and I give her props for displaying her uniqueness in such genuine form.

BttrflyBooty

I dont think TMZ got the response they wanted. I think the tattoo is fine!

Joseph7820

If these people think that their tattoos are so glamorous they should go to the beach some day and take a look at what the tattoos, that some of the senior citizens got years ago, now look like.

H

Stupid!

ny chic

tattoo's are bigger (not in size) than ever...people like to express themselves with them...i am not trash because i have them...and they are no bigger than 3 inches...they represent my children, one for my dad and that's it and i do plan on getting one more....you who call people trash are just narrow minded idiots...but as usual, most tmz bloggers do nothing but bash people, i would love to see what half of u perfect people look like as you hide behind your keyboards............

turd ferguson

When a woman has tattoos, at least you know a little about what's going on upstairs and you're not taken by surprise. I hate being deceived. I think she looks gorgeous, btw.
She's hardly "Biker trash".