Alex Trebek Suffers Heart Attack

12/11/2007 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek has suffered a heart attack. I'll take medical emergencies for $1000!

A rep for the show confirms to TMZ the 67-year-old host had a minor heart attack but is "resting comfortably." We're told he will be back in the studio for the show's next scheduled tapings in January.

Trebek, who was born Giorgi Suka-Alex Trebek, has been the host of "Jeopardy!" since September of 1984.

ME

I'm a whore.

Netta

Get Well Soon Alex........... We are praying for you....

Sandie

Sorry to hear about this. I love Jeopardy!! I've watched it since I was little. I don't know 3/4 of the answers but love to watch anyway. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Surferess

Alex Trebek is such an American staple, even if he is a Canadian! He is truly is loved and respected. It just wouldn't be TV w/o Jeopardy.

Dear Dear Alex, May you heal quickly. We are all pulling for you.

Lots of Love from Southern California!

Bobbie

Get well soon

I nailed her, twice!

Pretend you know how to get better.

Will

I'll take over.
Signed,

Will Ferrell
p.s. Burt Reynolds and Sean Connery will be my first guest contestants.

TyTylicous94

Alex,we miss you already and hope that your okay.We want you to take as much time as you need.We dont want all those questions to hurt your head.(haha)But we are thinking about you and your in our prayers.

phyl

My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Your program is the highlight of my evening TV watching.

Sharona

Hang in there Sir Alex......don't understand why TMZ has to make a joke about a man having a heart attack....go figure

Karyn Ann

Get well soon Alex !

Stagefuel

Man up Trebek! Seriously, you ARE jeopardy. The show would be nothing without your charm and smiling Canadian-bred face. I wish you good health and blessings. Looking forward to your return in the New Year.
Stagefuel.

Jackolyn

Hello Alex, You are like family. I am rocked by your "slight heart attack" and only can wish you a total and complete recovery. Please ease back some. I am the same age you are and it is hard to say "Whoa, old boy/girl" As long as we feel able we want to do and do some more. I will put you into my prayers. You are such a warm and capable person. I salute you! JackieBrundige

David L.

Hey Pal , Get well soon . I've been watching the show for so long I feel I know you well enough to call you pal .

pimp

TMZ has no class

Alex is a class act, can't recall any bad press with the guy. I love Jeopardy, I actually learned english watching it...knew of the questions, but had a hard time reading the answers.