"Thirtysomething" Star Divorcing

12/11/2007 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After nearly 20 years of marriage, "Thirtysomething" star Timothy Busfield and his second wife, Jennifer Merwin, are divorcing.
Click to read documents!
Merwin filed papers in Los Angeles Superior Court citing irreconcilable differences. She is seeking joint legal custody and physical custody of their minor son, Samuel, as well as, spousal support and payment for legal fees. The couple married in 1988 and also have an adult daughter, Daisy.

Best known for playing Elliot Weston on the '80s yuppie drama "Thirtysomething," Busfield also starred on "The West Wing" and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip."

brahman

Nobody cares!

Hollywood's a Hazard

NERDS!

Carolyn A-B

While I had virtually nothing in common with the fictional characters from "Thirtysomething," I found the show engaging, engrossing and relevant (even though I was a decade younger than the protagonists). Tim Busfield was entertaining, and I'm sure the couple made an effort to keep it together. We don't need to read the divorce petition. Let them have the privacy they'd have if they were anonymous, like most of us.

Robin

I watched "thirtysomething" when I was early 20 something/maybe late teens. The show was on for awhile. too bad. Nonone wants to hear about someone getting a divorce. I wish them the best of a divorce. I know that sounds weird, but to divorce is not uncommon these days. No matter how long being married.

marcholm

This is Arnold Poindexter on the violin!!!! (recognize)

"Wait - would you rather live in the ascendency of a civilization or during its decline? "

brad

could care less that he was married... now divorced-still dont care.

Carla

Very sad.

notoneofthem

It's cheaper to keep us (I mean them!)

Terry

"Thirtysomething" Now there is a show I would like on DVD. To bad for them but catch up with other cast members on the ABC show "Brothers and Sisters".

et

Maybe you all don't remember the "little" indescretion Timothy Busfield had where 29 women from around the country came out in support of the minor he abused in 1994. I have first hand knowlege that the guy is a total creep!!!

Another Black Season

I'd be happy to have 20 years - that's a good run as long as it wasn't hell for half of it.

I read a very interesting article about the 4 year itch, not the 7 year itch. Maybe google it if you're interested. People don't seem to be wired for long term.

myspace.com/anotherblackseason

steven detters

His best work was done on the "Revenge of the nerds"

JohnQ

NONE of your business
NONE of my business
Put an end to this TMZ "service"

Lynn