"Thirtysomething" Star Divorcing

12/11/2007 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After nearly 20 years of marriage, "Thirtysomething" star Timothy Busfield and his second wife, Jennifer Merwin, are divorcing.
Click to read documents!
Merwin filed papers in Los Angeles Superior Court citing irreconcilable differences. She is seeking joint legal custody and physical custody of their minor son, Samuel, as well as, spousal support and payment for legal fees. The couple married in 1988 and also have an adult daughter, Daisy.

Best known for playing Elliot Weston on the '80s yuppie drama "Thirtysomething," Busfield also starred on "The West Wing" and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip."

Dianna Larimore

It takes two to tango, maybe they just got bored with each other, it happens, hope the kids are ok, and they remaine friends

Frieda Jane

Someone posted what can be so bad that can't ber worked out after 20 years. I asked myself the same thing when my marriage broke up at 40 years. I had been told I had breast cancer, had the surgical date and when I told him, he packed and left. Now 7 years later, I am so much better off, more my own person even tho I do without of a lot and have to live with a daughter.... I guess he did me a big favor after all, even if he left when I really needed support. One never knows and I try not to judge, even in my own case.

Don Willis

I totally understand ! (I personally divorced after 23 yrs !
Sometimes, enough's enough.....life is too short to be
unhappy. And sometimes, being "alone" isn't so bad ...

There were no issues in my marriage either of abuse
or "cheating" on either side....
We have remained on good terms and are forever,
parenting partners! Kids never had any issues with
the split up.

martan

This is news, why? Just another LaLa day in Fairlyland, CA ... next week we'll read about them remarrying someone new, for another 19 years. They don't know what life/committment really is. Just drop from one bedroom to another.

fastnickm

Ha, another case of a guy get successful, and the 'OLE Lady isn't into him anymore and guess what. She gets to take everything he has. Wants him to pay for her lawyer...ha.
Women have lost the right for men to marry them. Why should a guy? A man would have to be crazy to put himself in such a vunerable position.

sonny

They should be awarded a prize. How makes it 20 years in Hollywood??? I consider the marriage a success!!!

Jon

I'm beginning to think my wife and I are the only two people in the world that haven't nor ever will get divorced.

Ozzie

LOL, caught the 'all this 'we grew apart" is just crappe"....LOL, prhaps one reaches point that 'crappe" is NOT worth it and wishes to spend time better...Some DO stay,stick it out and whatever but remain miserable..Humans have capability to "evolve" and not all do so TOGETHER..sometime it is just best to MOVE ON !!! Some are old enough and wise enough to realize it, others will forever be too fearful to realize the reality of such. To EACH their own choice....and each so allowed !!!!

Ozzie

Gunslinger

Woman files for divorce and gets her retirement package. Guys get screwed again. Support your kids a definite responsibility, but let the woman go make her own living...forget alimony.

Big Milk

Now he and CJ can finally get it on!

ZIPPY-POGO STICK

If everyone would quit sending their comments to this crap, maybe AOL would get the picture and STOP posting it and seriously put real news on here....

SO>>>>>>are we all ready to grow up and let them quit because, seriously WHO CARES!

Joe Marino

Gee whiz, is that the best news you guys can come up with. By the way, there is a war on and people are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan!

shir

Another lame Hollywoodland couple bites the dust. Gee, I didn't see this coming... Who gives a F***!

my two cents

Twenty years is a long time to just chuck away.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments