Benjamin Bratt's Nephew Dies in Police Chase

12/12/2007 8:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Benjamin BrattKristopher Bratt, nephew of actor Benjamin Bratt, was killed early Tuesday morning when a stolen car being pursued by police in San Francisco ran a red light and plowed into Kristopher's car. Bratt died immediately, while his passenger died a short time later. He was 20.

The two men driving the stolen Saturn are currently behind bars. The driver, Richard Gosnell, is facing numerous charges, including two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter, one count of felony hit and run, one count of evading police causing death, one count of stolen vehicle, one count of possession of stolen property, one count of speeding and one count of running a red light, according to San Francisco Police Sgt. Steve Mannina.

Gosnell and his passenger, Joshua Wilson, were treated for minor injuries before taken into custody. Wilson faces one count of stolen vehicle and one count of possessing stolen property.

Kristopher is the son of Bratt's oldest brother.

FlBiker

When you type in ALL CAPS you look retarded and nobody pays attention to your post.
fyi.....

SHE NEEDS HELP!

56. VICKY - the lowlife STD ridden VICKY-facists are the problem - happy to see 20 million illegals run amok with fake ID & high speed taco chases that hopefully terminates the STD VICKY-filth from the streets while sparing the caring innocents until illegals are all sent to Iraq & Afghanistan.

Posted at 7:58PM on Dec 12th 2007 by 1

YOUR A RACIST! THIS STORY IS NOT EVEN ABOUT THAT, BUT WITH SOMEONE AS IGNORANT AS YOU I'M SURE YOU ALWAYS MAKE IT ABOUT THAT! RACIST BA$TARD!

LilMizMargi

I blame the police, no need to chase a stolen car.
Posted at 7:03PM on Dec 12th 2007 by FlBiker

Sure.....blame the cops. Why not? Don't blame the thieves. Don't blame them for running the red light. Don't blem them for speeding. Blame the cops, after all they're only supposed to do their job. What a judgmental, prejudiced remark!

blu

To all the racist and bigots...

On judgment day, your words and comments wil be taken into account.

God bless the Bratt family

Sheila

FIBiker...I do hope one day you need a cop and there's not one around for you. Then you could learn to appreciate them. They're not all good, but they're not all bad either.

I pray for the Bratt family. It's always hard to lose a loved one. Its especially hard around the holidays.

Cynic

How tragic and heartbreaking for the Bratt family. My heart and prayers go out to them, and I hope they find strength in their fond and loving memories of Kristopher. Losing a child is absolutely the most devastating thing that can happen to a person, and I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling. I hope they treasure the 20 years they had with him, and remember all the good things he brought into their lives.

Kelli

What a waist. RIP.

wife of a police officer

As the wife of a tenured police officer, I find it very sad that some will blame the police. These are most often the same people that will blame them for NOT finding their stolen vehicle. Should they let the thieves go so they can perhaps steal again? Traffic Drugs? There is a rule of thumb in the department....they are running from something. My husband, along with every other officer out there puts their own life in jeopardy every time they have to chase one of these idiots. Yes, they took the job. Yes, they understood the risks. BUT, like firefighters, they don't do it anticipating that they will be killed on the job. they try to protect themselves and the citizens that they vowed to protect and serve. My guess is that those officers pursuing the vehicle will carry enough guilt knowing that someone was killed, they don't need the mindless opinions of the public on top of it. My Ben's family be in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Bella

This is terrible. What is really sad the assailants get by with minor scratches and two INNOCENT people die. Benjamin Bratt - our prayers are with your family and the police officer. Bella

seanflynn

When I first read the headline, I assumed the victim was being pursued by the police. I see now that it wasn't so, but the impression left for some could be that this innocent victim was somehow a criminal.

You need to edit that out of respect for him and his family.

Party 'till you die!

They were probably meth heads and I bet it will be shown later when they are charged. Hope these slimeballs get the maximum!

T

I'm baffled. My regards to the family. horrible situation. and you people starting w/ charges and liberalism?! screw off. I'm a freakin liberal and this guy should be hung. so quit labeling jack@ss.

vextor seven

yea FIBiker, you pay my car insurance premium then you can decide if the cops chase stolen cars or not. premiums keep going up largely due to car theft. the concept that police shouldn't pursue something they know is stolen and is right in front of them is beyond stupid.....it's flirting with brain damage. And the idea that somebody could get hurt is spineless and playing right into the criminals hands so don't bore me with that wimp mantra either loser

Keep it Honest

Sure - if anyone runs away in a car, let's let them go. Are you telling us that the suspects in the stolen car have no other criminal record? How many of them already have warrants out for their arrest? Doesn't matter - chases have a one-to-one ratio of injuries and death, right? It doesn't matter if it's a stolen car, robbery, or murder; let them run. If someone tries to or does take advantage of your girlfriend, let them drive away. After all, chasing them is the worst thing you could do...

Toria

My heart goes out to him and his family during this difficult time.