Tina: Haven't Talked to Ike in 35 Years

12/12/2007 8:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tina Turner's rep issued the following statement about the death of the music legend's former husband Ike.

"Tina is aware that Ike passed away earlier today," the rep told TMZ. "She has not had any contact with him in 35 years. No further comment will be made."

Simply the best.

Goldie

ILMAO....You gotta love these blogs. They give cowardice people the opportunity to sit in their houses and trailers and anonymous make racist comments. Be a big person; go to the next black person you see on the street or that you work next to and make the same comment....lol

egriffin

I can't say I am sorry Ike is dead but lighten up people! No call for wishing ill on the man. I am sure you wouldn't want that wished on you if you passed.

Can't blame Tina for not saying anything though. Its probably best that she doesn't.

And to #6, a wife beater is a wife beater. Doesn't matter what race he is. No call for the racial slurs.

sirco

ok just did nothing happened , he was to scared!!!!!!!!

Laury

Why would she want to comment his death, the guy used to beat the crap out of her. Tina, always a true class act. Kudos, girl.

QueenOfTrashin

The first time I heard Tina Turner, she was still with Ike. They played on the front steps of the Kappa Alpha house at Mississippi State University. Through the years, I had the privilege of attending a few more of her concerts. For one of the concerts, in the early years after leaving Ike, she appeard on a make-shift stage in a banquet room at a Holiday Inn in Memphis. She is always spectacular.

ParisNauseatesMe

Tina is class all the way. Let your imagine run wild as to what she's really thinking.

Laury

#32, that comment about wanting Britney dead is uncalled for. You should be ashamed.

jd

I love Tina as much as the next person. Regardless what the man did in his life, he is dead. there is no need for the nasty comments. wonder what ur haters will say when u die!

diva

what a woman!!! thats all she should have said!!! better than me b/c i would have gone an pissed on his grave!!!!! love the south ga diva

windy

i miss him allready.

Shitney, please drop of the face of the planet.

I think Scott Peterson had only one wife.

DMAN

Yo Tina Ike's Waiting for you upstairs with one heavy Pimp Hand !!!!

Wtf

Good for her, she clearly knows if you have nothing good to say about someone then don't say anything. She a !st class lady all the way.

Moreaces

God forgive me,, But cant muster up the emotion to say I'm sorry, or any thing close

Wtf