Dog Keeps Praying For Forgiveness

12/13/2007 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman is going to some serious lengths in his quest for forgiveness, landing in New York for a dinner with African-American leaders. The Big Apple's a long way from the Big Island, brother!

CORE -- the Congress of Racial Equality --and its chairman Roy Innes invited Chapman and his wife Beth to New York to discuss plans for an upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event that they've invited Dog to speak at.

Dog has been on a mission of forgiveness since a private conversation was made public last month.

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

ONCE A RACIST ALWAYS A RACIST..I BET HE CONTINUES TO USE THE "N" WORD IN HIS HOUSE TIL THIS DAY ALREADY....

Pike

Maybe if he cleaned himself up, instead of looking like a cartoon, people would look to him as a person rather than a cartoon. She needs to drop about the weight of Britney Spears. Good to dinner with "Da Boys" just goes to show you that he can me trained by the Black MASSA.

phoebe

I agree, it was a mistake but good lord let's move on already! The man has done so much good in the past it would be a shame that this is all he would be remembered for. Besides that we all know that had the roles been reversed and Dog was called a honkey or something, it wouldn't have even made the news. (How about when Vivica Fox was arrested for DRUNK DRIVING and she called the white cop a racist and asked the african-american cop to "help a sister out"?) We sure don't hear too much about that.

lis

OH for the love of.....Knock it off Dog, Geez just get down and kiss everyones feet already..
This story is so over the top....I used to like him but now all this groveling is stupid!

So by meeting with these folks what does this prove to everyone else? He said some terrible things , yes, but what does this do? He just wants his show back on the air..

Buzz

I can't believe that Beth is wearing something respectible at that!!! unless there's a mini-mini skirt on with black pantyhose & high heeled boots underneath the table....

Heaven in Texas

To Tiffany and Trace, stop arguing and start working together. Trace your WRONG...blacks were sold by their own, do some research yourself and you will find that African people first started the selling of slavery and white's kept it going. Both were in the wrong and both should admit fault and MOVE ON. Life is too short.

WHAT IS THE RUSH

NUMBER 30
30, 30, 30, ................FIRST THE CRAP YOU SPEW IS JUST THAT CRAP! NOT FREEDOM OF SPEECH. You are another one who chooses to use ignorance for Freedom of Speech, my ignorant buddy, it is called AN EXCUSE.....................My dad walked out on us when I was 4, my brother was murdered when I was 16 but yet I have not killed anyone nor do I think it entitles me to do so. I really think dog should just stand up and say yes I said it, I ment it at the moment and no I’m not ashamed. Myself personally I don’t like black people and I’m not ashamed of that nor am I afraid to voice my opinion about it. That is what’s great about living in the US – FREE SPEECH.....................Free speech. It's one of American citizens' most important rights -- important enough that our Founding Fathers clearly stated it in the First Amendment to the Constitution. Unfortunately, it seems to be rather misunderstood and misused these days.People often get carried away by who says it and the way it is said. One could say the same thing without inciting any one,but often that is not the purpose of the expression. I have serious objection to expression without the sense of responsibility.
SO I CAN SAY YOU'RE IGNORANT, AND STUPID, BUT HEY, IF YOU SAY SO IT IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH, BIG DIFFERENCE! LEARN THE CONSTITUTION, BEFORE YOU SHOUT IT.

tiger

Damn Dog We forgive you already. Get off your nees grow some balls. At the rate your going you going to apologize for starting WW1, the screenplay for Waterworld, and inventing AIDS!!!!
I see worse things posted on TMZ everyday. I still want to find the worm who taped a private phone call.

WHAT IS THE RUSH

consider it is certainly our fundamental right to have freedom of
expression but it certainly does not come without responsibilities.
Like many of our other liberties, this is also being misused and
abused. I do not support this misuse and abuse nor I practice. I do
not call some STUPID and lecture in the same breath to have
respect for others' views and judgement.
It appears we have become a society which obssessed with "freedom of
speech and expression" but with very scant regard for the
respomsibilites which goes with it. You can call me STUPID - but I
THINK , MY VIEWS AND COMMENTS EMANATE FROM MY VALUES and I don't
change my views because X,Y,Z
The problem is many Americans who don't understand the word
expression, and speech are different, and making a comment is
different then Freedom of Speech, so many don't get it, they really
don't, Just look at number 30, now there is a voter, sad to say, like
the Dixie Twits, they just don't get it, and never will, why,
ignorance is bliss in America, and many failed Goverment and History
Class, this we can see.

WHAT?

Oh my gosh,

you are getting down right embarrasing dog

Hmmm

If you are Black...you worry about being called a "N" ...not important to you if you are white unless you were called "whitetrash" on national radio or tv...as a minority...I wonder who is the enemy...Iraq Brown people or white people here in amerikkka who call me or my people "N" (not to my face mind you)...I wouldn't fight for this racist country that's for sure...white christians...what a joke...I just hate so many of my people fall for the god thing...

ginger

He needs to ask forgiveness for the hair before anything else.

DAXFLAME!!

LMFAO!! The brother on the end looks like he is looking down Dog's wifes top. What a huge set she has got. I bet when he unsnaps her bra at night you her that ricochet sound for real...

DAXFLAME!!

to hmmm... personally...I find racism in all colors..... sorry to here you have such hatred for people that live in the same coun ry as you. Try living in another country for awhile like I have... You might find you are more hated for JUST being American...regardless of your skin clolor....

Trace

TDWHeaven ---

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.... I have SAID NOTHING about who sold who to whom!

I simply made a point about the fact that BLACKS were the ONLY SLAVES in AMERICA! NOT Jews nor other Europeans - they were indentured servants - that is ALL I addressed!

Yes you are marginally correct, the Africans who were not KIDNAPPED from Africa were indeed SOLD by fellow Africans... WTF is YOUR POINT!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments