Jodie & Her 'Beautiful Cydney'

Step Out

12/14/2007 2:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nine days after breaking her silence of the lambs by referring to her longtime gal pal Cydney Bernard as "my beautiful Cydney," Jodie Foster made a very public appearance with Bernard outside paparazzi magnet Il Sole on Thursday.

While you can hear someone say "I'd kiss you," it's unclear who says it. Silence, Clarice! Jodie then fakes out the paps by acting like she isn't going to ride in Cydney's SUV, but hops in at the last second and orders her to "go,go,go!"

The dynamic duo then rode off into the night together.

doubtful

I think everyone is missing the point; does not matter if Jodie was gay or straight--EITHER WAY she would have kept a low profile about the ID of whom ever she loved. she doesn't give a crap if you "suspected" she was gay or not--privacy has always been her goal and she has always achieved it.

True talents (and rare) don't need media hype to fuel their success. Jodie is class and intelligence incarnate.

BTW, if she did want to keep being "gay" under wraps, who could blame her? Not everyone has to wear their sexuality on their sleeve like a purple heart for victimhood or special status--that crap gets so tired.

RON

I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHO SLEEPS WITH WHAT. JODIE IS A WONDERFUL AND TALENTED ACTRESS.
JODIE HAS CLASS AND IS INTELLIGENT! I'M HAPPY FOR HER. LIFE IS SHORT BE YOURSELF! YOU COULD BE THE MOST PERFECT PERSON IN THE WORLD AND SOMEONE STILL WON'T LIKE YOU! LIVE YOUR LIFE AND BE HAPPY!

pambam

Anytime I see a film that has Jodie Foster in it I see it. I have never seen her in a bad film yet. She is an amazing actress and a class act. She is on the very small list of Stars that you rarely see in the Tabloids for all the wrong reasons. Other class acts like Dustin Hoffman, Gene Wilder, and Jamie Lee Curtis.
I think there are few people who didn't know she was gay and who her partner is, but it's nice that she has made it formally known, simply for her partners benefit. I think it would be difficult to be someone's significant other and feel like, "the big secret".
You're awesome Jodie and have earned something few of todays celebs have obtained....RESPECT!

doubtful

I love all these comments about what Jodie should or should not have done...it amuses me that you think your opinion matters one tiny iota to this lady. She does not now, nor has she EVER cared about anything other than living her life by her terms.

I find it noteworthy that any and all actors that have ever worked with her have nothing but praise for her as a person--in a weird way she is like Dolly--everybody who knows her genuinely likes and admires her.

I do know this--while we all type this crap, she is ensconced in a drop dead gorgeous home with a huge bank account, that she earned, probably playing with the two sons that she is wild about and the likes of you and me posting about her life is absurd to her.

Amanda

I absolutely detest Jodi Foster. Not as a person or because she's gay (omg who couldn't tell??) but because of the way she manipulated and RUINED Thomas Harris' MASTERPIECE. Silence of the Lambs was great and Jodi did an "ok" job but didn't play Clarice quite like she was written. Then Jodi had the NERVE to refuse Hannibal because of it's ending. So, the movie was re-written (to get her to play Clarice) and was a HUGE setback for the true fans of Thomas Harris. We all so wanted that ending! At least we finally got a chance to see Clarice be all she could be in the beautiful and talented form of Julianne Moore. I wouldn't change the SOTL movie, and that includes Jodi, but being an artist herself I just don't see how she could live with herself knowing that she was solely responsible for the miscarriage of justice to one of the greatest horror writers of ALL TIME. Hannibal, the book, is a masterpiece & if not for Jodi it might have made the big screen as it was intended. Gay shmay my Uncle Ray! Who cares? Hey Jodi! Go have a long talk with Dino and a SECOND Hannibal film made. There's plenty of material left to make on HELL of a great movie.

Joan

Who gives a darn whether or not Jodie Foster is gay. She keeps her private life private and does not flaunt her homosexuality. I wish her only the best. She is a great actress. There are other actors who are gay and play the roles they get with the style and grace the part requires. That is all that matters. What they do when they are away from film is their business and no one elses as long as they are hurting no one. Jodies sexuality has always been a question mark, but as I said before who cares, she is a great actress.

Jackie

This is to the paps who filmed this-you filthy PIGS! Did this make you RICH? HUH? Did it make you feel good to make Jodie Foster feel so uncomfortable that she hung her head like a whipped puppy? You guys have no soul! This woman has had the class to keep her show life separate from her private life with healthy boundries of what is and isn't her fans' business but you pigs had to go hunt her down, huh? I used to have empathy for people who made a living taking pictures but you guys have reformed me with this stunt and hope like hell I never get famous for some reason 'cause I'll bust your nuts if you were to treat ME this way! May someone make an upskirt video of your mothers! Then sell it to TMZ!

Evalia

Okay so what? I mean who really didn't know that Jodie was gay and who even cares? I mean its been obvious since she was a kid just like it was wth Kristy McNichol.I would be shocked if people were shocked to fnd this info out. I truly don't know why she felt the need to disclose something that everyone already knew and beides it's not anybody's business who may be gay and who isn't anyway.

sue

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its about time she came out!!!! it's a shame that those who are gay have to keep it hidden. i know there are quite a few more in hollywood land that seem to be keeping it secret! may they have the courage to come out.

doubtful

Amanda, you rocket scientist, being an "artist" yourself....idiot...if you do not understand why she turned down that role, based off of the book, you are..well---Amanda.

I bet ol' Jodie is smartin' at your Mensa-like remarks. Holy crap, and we wonder why this lady tried to keep her life to herself?

One word embodied in people like: Amanda.

Cryssy

Jodie's a lesbian?! Wow. I kind of had a feeling, but I didn't think she was. Oh well, I'm not judging she's still one of my favorite actresses. I love the way she talks and she's really pretty, especially on Inside Man, when she had the blonde hair and blue eyes. Did I sound gay just then? Hee hee!

mr knowitall

So another lez is out of the closet....who gives a crap? Why do I have to hear about all these Hollywood lowlife's personal sexual perversities/proclivities?

I'm sick of these homos telling us things we don't want to know...

Victor

I am so sick of people saying it doesn't matter that Jodie Foster is gay...that someone's homosexuality is private and therefor not to be spoken about. Well meaning heterosexuals as well as homophobes give vent to that sentiment. Will you please get it into your heads that homosexuality is no more exclusively about sex than heterosexuality. It's about having the freedom of expressing your love or desire for a member of the same sex that heterosexuals take for granted. If you see an item about Pitt and Jolie expressing their love do you say "More power to them, but what they do in bed is nobodies business"? Why is it that if we read about a Gay couple getting into a car we automatically have to dissassociate by saying it's nobody's business? I tell you why, It's because heterosexuals really get upset when the subject is not about them. Homosexuality is relevent to me. It doesn't have to be relevent to you. I really don't appreciate when after reading a delightful item such as this one about Jodie and her fair lady only to have people dismiss it as something of a cute but irrelevant aberation on the part of an otherwise classy actress.

danie

Jodie Is a pretty woman, her girlfriend looks like camilla parker bowles (very flabby and Homely) They both need help.

bella bleau

God does have His opinion on the subject of homosexuality ... Romans 1:26,27 it is a perverse lifestyle that will have recompense.