Ike Turner's Last Moments Revealed

12/15/2007 4:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has exclusively learned how the events of Ike Turner's last moments played out.

Ike Turner had just finished eating breakfast last Wednesday morning at his home in San Marcos, Calif. and decided to lay down to rest for a few minutes. His personal assistant was at the house, along with members of the Kings of Rhythm Band. One of the musicians from the band went to wake Ike up, and he was non-responsive. We're told paramedics were called around 11:00 AM and unsuccessfully performed CPR.

The cause of death is not yet known, but according to Turner's manager, Ike had been suffering from emphysema for years and the disease was getting progressively worse.

Click Here It's Not Over Yet...

Tangie

There is a speacial place in hell for women beaters.

windy

god bitch slapped him.

James

God didn't bitch slap Ike. Cigarettes did.

mmmm

GOOD ONE, TMZ. YOU HAVE CREATED A STORY THAT NO ONE WANTS TO READ- AGAIN.

Reggie

If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all.....So Ike, here's me saying NOTHING AT ALL.

kara

KARMAS A BITCH

Ettatude

I pray that he had accepted Jesus Christ and that his soul was right with GOD. For all of you bashing and saying mean spirited things, you too will have to answer for your actions and words, just as Ike, myself, and all humans will have to answer. May GOD forgive you all.

Bev

once a beater ALWAYS a beater. i speak from experience. it took me awhile, but i got away from all that and i am alive today thk god for that. if i had it my way i'd kill the A-hole who beat me and Ike got what he deserved.there is no reason to put ur hands on a woan EVER!!

Standards are badly needed.

R.I.P., Ike. He IS a music legend in my mind, and I would have liked to read his life story, too. I'm a HUGE number one fan of Tina's, and have gone to her concerts since the sixties. What people are forgetting is that the decent touring band leaders ruled with an iron fist, as musicians are/could be hair pullingly unreliable, or you wouldn't tour very long or make any money. Men who were considered men back then were EXPECTED to control their bands and their women, just as kids got a whippin' if they talked back or were disrespectful to parents or teachers. Plenty of my school buddies got the strap at school, but I'll also say that they didn't get it if they weren't mouthing off. It takes two to tango, which is probably why she left, and good for her. That doesn't at all make it right, but his behaviour occured within the context of those times, and I'd bet that Ike probably even felt he was doing the right thing, however twisted it looks in 2007. He could also be mean and self serving, if 'What's Love Got To Do With It', a one sided look, is to be believed. Now that we've all had 40+ years of talk shows and analysis, slapping ANYONE is now seen as dysfunctional, as it should be if we've done any growing at all as humans. I'm disatisfied, however, with the one-sided remembrance of Ike, because if you do any digging, he also was and could be amazing musically, promotionally, and organizationally. In spite of it all, the terrible times don't erase what he tried to and succeeded in doing, and even Tina must acknowlege his contribution to her current enviable position even if her talent absolutely took her there. I don't think it's Karma for him; I find it sad, because what he feared happening happened, and if that happened to me as a female singer, and I left and made it big, I would have eventually set him up financially out of respect, thanks and forgiveness when all of the dust settled and clarity was reached because it would give me peace of mind and to me would be more of a right thing to do. Maybe she never reached that point of forgiveness, as I understand he gave her not a penny when she left, because he thought it would keep here with him, and she didn't have the wherewithall to take him to court, where she could have received something. I still would have helped him later, because I could, but that's just IMHO. Perhaps that did happen, or may have happened had he lived and found himself in dire straits, but Karma? No, I get no satisfaction from that kind of outcome. Props to what Ike did right, and again, R.I.P.

blk dog

When do we find out he died with a Crack pipe in his hand?

janet

couldn't have happened to a nastier man!!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Barack

Big wheels keep on turnin', proud Tina keeps on burnin' ....

He was not a nice man, from some old school back in the 16th century.

J

NIT - the notorious Ike Turner - another outlaw black man - may God bless & be heaven sent.

Sometimes a little voice says go to sleep - fight it if you can - must have been his time.

Barack

HE'S ROLLIN' ON THE RIVER ALRIGHT! BUH-BYE, IKE -- TOO BAD YOU COULD NEVER FIGURE IT OUT.

Wicked

Do you think he made it to Heaven? This is a serious question that requires a serious answer. Thanking you in advance.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments