Trebek Issues Statement About Heart Attack -- Continued

12/15/2007 8:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex TrebekGameshow host Alex Trebek has issued a statement regarding the mild heart attack that put his life in jeopardy this past Tuesday.

Trebek was released from Cedars-Sinai Hospital today, and is recuperating at his Studio City home. A heart attack won't keep Alex down -- take that Pat Sajak!

"I'm truly overwhelmed by the great show of support and compassion expressed in the past few days to me, my family and my coworkers. Even though I know Jeopardy! is a very popular program, I was still surprised at the number of people who took time from their schedules to call or send a note of encouragement. I thank you all so very much. I'm on the mend, and will be spending Christmas at home with my family. I will be back in the studio on January 14 to tape our Teen Tournament, which is always one of my favorite competitions. Meanwhile, I hope you will continue to watch and enjoy the program. The shows were taped before my heart attack, so what you are seeing is original, not rerun material. Happy Holidays to all of you. Alex"

COMMENTS

welle

Geez , you guys pick the worse pictures of him. But i'm glad to hear alex is doing better.

Mia

Belated well wishes to you and your family this Christmas, Alex. I am so happy you are doing well and will be home!

Tl

He ise sexy blue hair! Thank God he is OK

AlwaysHungry

I am glad he is home for the holidays

roughdaddy

ill take medical recovery for 500 alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradblowsgeorge

glad you are doing well, and look forward to seeing you next time you are in Paso

karen

Non celebrities DO NOT stay in the hospital more than 2-3 days for a mild heart attack-they have a cardiac cath and shunts inserted and go home within 24-48 hrs as that is all insurance will pay for-glad he is doing okay but either his heart attack was not mild or we all need his insurance coverage.

Standards are badly needed.

Happy Holidays to you and your family too, Alex.
So glad you'll be back. I guess you'll have to do some physio, hehe.

Speedmonkey.net

he should have read it in the form of a question...

PN

To Alex,
I am pleased that your recovery improved in a few days after that mild heart attack. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Thanks for writing the statement to tell all of us loyal followers of your show that everything is okay.

my2cents

Well I hope you are doing better Alex., I would do him even at his age and I;m only 38. He's sexy , smart and handsome. Hope you feel better soon

Whinemaker

FWIW, my best friend dated him years ago - said he is incredibly smart, an accomplished gourmet cook; a real renaissance man, if you will (alas, no love connection tho').

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Alex!

ruth-Anne Fallon

DEAR ALEX,
I'M SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND DOING BETTER. YOU HAVE BEEN ONE OF MY ALL-TIME HOSTS,AND I WOULD MISS YOU TERRIBLY IF YOU DIDN'T RETURN. GET SOME REST,RELAX,AND TAKE YOUR MEDICINE, AND YOU WILL BE AS GOOD AS NEW.
I HOPE YOU,YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR FRIENDS AND ALL MY FELLOW WATCHERS HAVE A VERY HAPPY,HEALTHY AND PROPEROUS CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR. GOD BLESS YOU,ALEX,AND MAY GOD KEEP YOU IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND UNTIL YOU ARE WELL.

Miss Judy

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.....

chipthemedic

Alex

Many wishes and thoughts from the people here in Sudbury Ontario CANADA. All the best this holiday season.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments