Donda West -- The 911 Call

12/17/2007 12:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the just over eight minute 911 phone call made the day Donda West died. Click to hear the first two minutes of the tape. Warning: the content is graphic.
Click to hear part one of the 911 call
West died last month after undergoing several cosmetic surgery procedures by Dr. Jan Adams. The coroner has performed an autopsy, results are still pending.

Petite

I can attest to the *dazed and confused* situation. I've been in shock once- after I tried to give my dying dog CPR and mouth-to-mouth, but he didn't make it. The shock lasted a full hour, I walked around my house in a full-on daze, no emotions, no tears, just completely numb. Then I just snapped out of it, and was flooded with emotions where there were none before.

Also, the first time I was in Las Vegas, I felt dazed and confused constantly. I swear, I couldn't even use my room key one day, because my brain was so flooded with "Vegas" that I didn't realize I was putting the key in upside down! My husband kept laughing at me for making stupid mistakes and comments, because I'm normally quite bright! I was so glad to get home!!!

Shitney, please drop of the face of the planet.

#48, that's the dumbest thing i've ever seen. ROFLMAO. Bright????? doubtful. what an idiot.

jo

This is horrible you should really take this off, this is personal information and if this were my mother I would be pissed . I refuse to listen to these calls as everyone else should . So Sorry for your loss Kanye . TMZ SUCKS FOR THIS !!!!!!!!!

D

WOW...surely shows how many uneducated people we have in this world. I understand how
hectic it could be when calling in an emergency, but it does call for you to LISTEN and speak in
intelligent ENGLISH. Also, it does not hurt for someone to take CPR lessons...most towns even
offer the course for FREE.

My thoughts and prayers are with Kanye and the rest of the West family. I understand how
much pain you are in. Time will heal.

To the people who listened....educate yourself on CPR. Maybe these mistakes would not be
made if more people knew how to do CPR correctly.

To those who complain about this posting...its a public record. Not in poor taste...shows what
NOT to do when someone cannot breath and you are talking to a 911 operator.

Oh before I forget...kudos to the 911 operator. He did his best to help the caller...unfortunately
the caller would not listen and was uneducated in CPR. Shame on you who bash the operator...if
anyone should be bashed it should be the caller. He was only doing his job.

Heehee

Agree with #45. One raciest bitch down and ?? to go. Yeah I said it. RACIEST.

del

Damn. The operator needs to say "stop talking to that other person immediately and follow my instruction." He seriously needed to take control of that conversation and didn't.

Thoughts

How tasteless to present this audio. I will no longer read or see anything TMZ has to offer. Never. No class.

del

Actually, MommaMia, yelling the person's name is something you're supposed to do. When I was OD'ed on morphine accidentally by a doctor I woke up, briefly, to the nurse yelling my name and telling me to open my eyes and breathe. Then they gave me Narcan, but they persisted with yelling at me to try to bring me around enough to actively control my own breathing.

del

Most people come home from the hospital to the care of their relatives, not trained nurses. She was discharged as a-ok and walked out of the hospital. Her family didnt expect to do more than bring her dinner and go get her pain meds prescription filled. So 2 elderly ladies with their own health issues, no doubt, didn't respond to a life and death situation like...trained nurses? Wow, how shocking. See how your elderly auntie performs if you fall over dead. The tragedy is the fault of a butchering doc who did a bad, bad job of surgery he wasn't qualified to perform. Not the fault of 2 old aunties trying to do CPR with the "help" of a 911 operator who has no idea how to control the conversation.

Heehee

#54---You've never heard of it because you don't know how to read or write. Were you the one on the phone with 911?

Heehee

#54

That's a pot calling a kettle black

del

Most people have no idea how they will react in an emergency. you only think you know. Having been mugged, i can tell you what you think you'll do is not what happens. Shock is a huge factor.

Jen

Regardless if the pot is calling the kettle black or not, I still never HEARD of a raciest , ever. So, what does it mean?

dedra

IM NOT LISTNING TO THE TAPE WHY DO THAT? RIP MOMA WEST YOUR A WONDERFUL WOMEN AND MENTOR .

Hyde

I'll add my vote to those who think this is terribly tasteless and insensitive. All for hits. Gag.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments