Casey's Uncle: We're Shocked ... And We Aren't

12/20/2007 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ spoke with retired Baptist preacher Odus Jackson, who is Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy's uncle by marriage. (You still with us?)

Uncle Odus tells us that Casey is a "fine young man" who has always been courteous. That sentiment is apparently shared by many in his small town of Gloster, Miss., where we've been told over and over again Casey is a good kid from a good family.

As for Jamie Lynn, Uncle Odus says he has only met her once, on Thanksgiving of this year. As for news of her pregnancy, he says he found out, like the rest of us, on Tuesday night. He tells us the family was "shocked' and yet "we aren't." As a pastor, Uncle Odus says he's seen "this type of thing" more often than he'd like.

For the complete interview with Casey's Uncle Odus, check out TMZ TV Thursday night.

blah

LOUISIANA
A. Statutory Rape—Criminal Offenses
In Louisiana, an individual can legally consent to sexual intercourse when he or she is 17 years
of age.1 Sexual intercourse with a child less than 13 years of age is illegal regardless of the age of
the defendant. In cases where the victim is at least 15 years of age and less than 17 years of age,
the defendant must be no more than 2 years older than the victim for sexual intercourse to be
legal.2

lmk1979

Hs this dumb bitch learned from her sis. Obviusly not, this whole family is out of control. Jamie Lynn is no role model for girls her age. I'm not against pre-martial sex it just seems that this family has no values.

DIANE T

Why would anyone want Casey to go to jail for statutory rape?
He’s just a normal 19 year old male with raging hormones.

Jamie Lynn hormones are also raging … probably believes that she’s in love.

I’m not sure which it is … but Uncle Odus tone of voice changed when he said … he also was not surprised.

Was it because he expected this type of behavior from Jamie Lynn, or was it because he’s personally seen this happen so many times before? Preachers deal with this kind of issue, all the time.

On Britney … I’ve read that she was SMOKING in the Four Season’s restaurant and many others there complained about it. She said something like the other restaurants let her smoke … why couldn’t she smoke there? She was told “BECAUSE IT’S THE LAW”.

Well, she left in a snit and took her cigarettes to her room.
I doubt that this is the only reason she’s banned from there … I’m sure they have many other reasons.

I guess Xmas with her boys will be at another hotel.

medley

Golll-leee..Hey y'all....Ozarks meets Hall-leee-wud. Yuppers.

Cartman

Let's face the facts folks, Disney is raising whores and promoting a tainted agenda. Does their pro-gay stance have anything to do with it? You decide for yourself.

All I know is if I had a kid working for Disney I would put them on birth control and Valtrex.

what a slut

My husband is from Louisiana, so I have been there numerous times and aside from my sisters-in-law pretty much all the young girls are sluts. I think all of his friends that are girls are pregnant or have been at least once and he is 22....its really sad.

Rania

"33. Oh well shotgun wedding is next, bring out the moonshine and the fiddle.

Posted at 2:02AM on Dec 20th 2007 by danie"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROFL!

Kerrie

It's GLOUCESTER, not Gloster

roughdaddy

rape? only tmz is bringing this up....hope that baby turn out to be a girl,,,so jaime and her can compete for man!! share clothes...ect....

Garciaspr

Why haven't the media and police agencies even looked into the aspect of rape charges? I guess if you have money, rape is ok huh? However, in the same breath...just because you have fame and fortune does not mean you still aren't trash. Some things you just can't hide..... :-) Kind of like the new version of Beverly Hillbillies.

LeeAnn

TO POOKIE and all others..........At 16 even though she is technically a minor, the Daddy of the baby cannot be charged with statutory rape. That only applies to 15 and under.

Joshua Smith

What about Child Molestation and/or Statutory Rape? 19 is an adult... 16 is a minor. I see Registered Sex Offender in his future. Prison time?

Joshua Smith

Next thing you know they are going to offer sex tours in Louisiana (kind of like Thailand.)

RandyJ

I any other case this young man would be in jail and and we are praising a 16 year old idol of our children for having sex and a baby she is not mature enough to care for

Sparky

I wonder if some guy spermed her and Casey is just being made the patsy?

Perhaps he is getting paid to say he's the father. You can't trust anything that this family says - they appear to be all liars.

The other week, Jamie said she didn't have any steady friends. She may have tramped around and now needs a 'father' for this child.