'Real Housewives' Husband Really Arrested

12/20/2007 6:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Reality has set in for "Real Housewives of Orange County" husband Matt Keough. The former MLB star was popped by cops Tuesday afternoon in Newport Beach, Calif., after officers found him drinking at the bar at a local Marriott, thus violating his probation. Classy!
Michael Keough's booking photo
The 52-year-old Keough pleaded guilty to felony DUI charges in 2005, after crashing his SUV into another car and causing a chain reaction which seriously injured a bicyclist. Keough left the accident scene and was found at a nearby store. He reportedly blew almost three times the legal limit. Wow -- that's drunk!

The judge sentenced Keough to probation. The terms indicated he was not to consume any alcohol -- not even a drop. Cops arrested him after a Newport Beach police officer recognized him -- and knew he was not supposed to be drinking.

Marty Keough, Matt's dad and his uncle Joe all played professional baseball. His douchebag son Shane is currently playing minor league ball.

He'll be arraigned on the probation violation tomorrow.

UPDATE: TMZ spoke with OC Sheriff's Dept. spokesperson, Jim Amormino, who confirmed that Keough was arrested in 2005 for DUI and that "the Oakland Athletics as well as Matt Keough's family are working together to get Matt into a treatment center to obtain the help that he needs."

teckertime

the whole family is a train wreck except the daughter who is at Berkeley. Shane is a idiot, like his dad and there mom has no sense of reality. what a sad pathetic excuse for a family.

Cyclist

This douche seriously injures a cyclist while he is blind drunk and driving and all he gets is probation. I could care less if he is rich or not. Any moron that gets behind the wheel in that condition deserves a helluva lot more than probation.

Friend of Bill w

I never got in an accident although I drove after drinking years ago.I do not let other people think for me.I do not drink,no matter what.Don't judge everyone with alcohlism by a few who get more publicity than they want.There are millions of untold heroes who do not drink although they have no support system other than each other.If you want to know about addiction don't ask a celebrity,ask someone who has nothing.There are things going on in this world that even drinking and drugging won't relieve.Find yourself.Don't judge and don't whine!(WINE)>

Hollywood Azz

Wow all the crime out there and you have small beat cops in bars busting customers.

Jennie

Thank you to both "Oh Please" and "ILOVEbaseball"; you both said it very well and I wish I'd expressed it that way, too. There's no reason to hate these people. The rich cannot solve all of their problems with money. It's sad that Matt messed up like this again and sad they're divorcing after nearly 20 years and sad that some people cannot find empathy in their hearts for ALL the people out there who have bruised souls.

Alexa

You must have missed the episode where the daughter ordered her father to go to his bedroom. And he did. He's even scared of her. They're all nuts.

Jennie

The episodes are edited; real life is not. For "Cyclist", I am so sorry you went through that, and too many people get away with causing injuries and even death when they're DUI. When I was in law school, I remember first semester learning that a lot of people charged with driving under the influence chose to have it heard in front of a jury instead of a judge or taking a plea. The reason? Out of 12 people, the defense lawyers could usually find at least one person on that panel who had a "...there but for the Grace of God..." moment, meaning they just hadn't been caught. NO ONE should ever drink and drive and NO ONE should ever get away with it if they do. Small comfort to the victims. But NO ONE should ever judge another, either, unless legally guided to do so. It's simply not our jobs as decent human beings.

miscardy

I watch the show just not religiously, why are the parents seperated? I think the mother is the most down to earth one out of all her friends. And by the way, she started acting in her early twenties and made a million dollars by the time she was 30. Also, she is a very successful real estate agent that banks her money and invests it. I hardy think she is a Gold Digger especially since she has been with the same man for over 20 years and they are the same age...

anonymous

This is one bad show I cannot stand,I have only seen three episode's and these ,bleached blondes are all ugly inside and out,talk about plastic people with money,The one where the girls go on vacation and don't have alot of money is good reality while the other girls all call their dad' for more money talk about pathetic,great american values,the people in orange county are definitley ugly inside and out can't say it enough,good luck with this wasted show,will never watch again and thank god my family and friends are not like these people!!!!!!!!!!!

Loser

DOESNT THERE SON SHANE HAVE AUTISM? I KEEP HEARING HOW HE IS MENTALLY ILL AND MOMMY AND DADDY BEGGED THE COACHES TO GET HIM ON A TEAM.

I HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW AND THE SON DOES HAVE REALLY ODD OUTBURST.

ChiZGal

Shane doesn't have Autism, he has Jerk-ism. I like Jeanna the wife and I think she's beautiful. The husband Matt on the other hand comes off as a real cold harted jag.

Random Guy

Shane is a career minor league baseball player. If it wasn't for his dad, he wouldn't have been signed. It's ovbious from watching the show that he's socially inept.

Random Guy

Jeanna is a fat, ugly, stuck up, insecure, bitch. She dumped her husband for the "fame" of that pathetic "reality" show.

Kathy

Just another drunk like everyone else on the show. AA is for sissies, no, Matt? ROFLMAO!!!!!

Kristina

Isn't this Matt Keough that played on the A's?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments