Erik Estrada -- Please Pray for My Son

12/21/2007 5:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Erik Estrada issued the following statement to TMZ:

"My wife and I have been informed that my adult son Brandon has been involved in an incident, Brandon informed us recently that he has had 'stress' and "pressure' at college and has elected to see an on-campus psychologist, of which I told him that it was a good idea to talk to someone about his feelings and condition. I have been made aware through this incident that he has been on some kind of medicine for stress and or depression. I was unaware he was taking any kind of medicine until this incident, as he does not live with us. I would like to thank all of the women and men of law enforcement as well as Northwest airlines for helping my son when he was clearly not able to help himself. I am sorry that other passengers had to be negatively affected by this incident and thank all of them for helping my son. He now can get help that he clearly needs. Please reach out to my son in your prayers during this time of need and I thank you for all of your support."

COMMENTS

Marcus

That statement deserves a big o' BITCH, PLEASE!

LuckyLou

Wow. Although I'd edit this statement for punctuation, it's otherwise very well written. Bully for Eric.

miscardy

What a nice and heart felt message his dad wrote. Not placing blame on anyone or getting mad about what the airlines did. That is a VERY responsible father!!

Ummmhmmm

Wow ,now thats class !He isnt making excuses for his child ,thats refreshing for Hollywood !

Russ

Wow. I am simply amazed at the excellent response by the parents and appreciate their concern regarding the issue. Toying with a flight crew is like threatening the President or not paying taxes to the IRS! These are very serious matters indeed. I, for one, want to express my support to Erik Estrada and his wife and hope they have the capacity to help their son. Best of luck to your family.

Annie B.

Clearly Eric is distancing himself from his son. Though 18 is the legal age for many adult activities, a 20 year old is not an adult yet and needs the support of family.

Will Ray

Way to go Ponch !

mar5195

You got my prayers whenever you want Ponch!

xtc

Wow Tom your a real nut head!

someday

i am very impressed......best wishes to the estrada family.

c

If I were the people on that plane I would be sooo pissed.

joke

That was a really nice and responsible response from this guys father. Im impressed.

joke

perfectly stated! Way to go!

Jeff

Very classy and responsible response from the Estrada family. My prayers are with your family.

InMyHumbleOpinion

That was an excellent statement. It was both honest and humble...which is not always easy to do. I am especially impressed with the gratitude expressed toward the arresting agents. The Estrada family may consider Brandon and themselves prayed for here.

P.S. Eric, have you ever considered becoming Britney Spears' publicist? (Sorry...couldn't resist!)

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments