Ike Laid Out

12/21/2007 12:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ike Turner made a final appearance yesterday in a spectacular gold-studded lilac suit, with a golden Fender Stratocaster by the side of his coffin.

The elaborate silver coffin was topped with a massive spray of white flowers at the Angelus Funeral Home on Crenshaw Blvd., where hundreds filed past to pay their final respects. TMZ spotted accused murderer Phil Spector in the queue.

Buddha

LMAO...Phil Spector showed up....

Shocked and Awed

blink-
I don't know what "clebs" are but I'm sure you are otherwise extremely intelligent when you post on Ebaumsworld and YouTube!
"Oh my goodness, how could they post such a shocking picture up here!! Now where are the pictures of all the skanky CELEB's getting out of cars flashing their va-gay-gay's....hmmmmm"
Keep scrolling, baby!

shelly

I was amazed and saddened that this is considered OK to post this photo. Apparently there are no boundaries. Why don't you try to get in the morgue for an autopsy shot while you're at it? I know many people say this and probably don't stick to it, but I promise to not check your site or watch your show.

Yucks!

TMZ you should not have posted a picture of Ike in his casket. Regardless of what he did in the past, he should be entitled to REST IN PEACE without cameras taking pictures at his funeral. Whatever awful things he did to Tina he will have to pay for it when he gets WHERE he's going! But the picture was TACKY! I STILL LOVE YOU HARVEY!!!!!!!!

Party 'till you die!

Spector's a creepy dude! Prolly stopped by for a cold one.

Katie

this is disgusting... who would approve this picture

Apryl

I don't know if I am more surprised that ya'll put this picture up or that someone let you in to take the picture in the first place.

Gretchen

this is messed up..its like something my crazy 70-somethin year old aunt does..takes pictures of people in their coffin.

Ike deserved every unhappiness he got in his later years...but his family did not deserve this.

Matt

Wow it looks like he just left a good job in the city, working for the man each night and day and then BAM dead. Goes to show ya you just can't take life for granted

Matt

At least the photographer got his full head in the shot

mommyof4

Hopefully Tina is stomping on this woman beaters grave!!! Tina was OBVIOUSLY the talent in this duo and I am SO GLAD she got away before this freak killed her. Burn in hell Ike

Bobby

What's the point? TMZ is guilty of creating more journalistic trash than the Enquirer and Star ever dreamed possible.

Your long-haired uncle

All dressed up and nowhere to go.

wendy

Not disrespectful in the slightest. Americans have a difficult time dealing with death. It's simply a transition. Anyone with faith knows you don't ever really die. For me I prefer to be cremated. I don't want bugs and maggots eating my corpse. Burn, baby burn!

Why would you do this? This is just so low class, thoughtless and tasteless. What about his family? What about his right to dignity and privacy in death. I don't care how mean this man was, he still has relatives and friends and he still deserves to be shown the dignity of privacy in death. This is such a cheap shot.