Jamie Lynn Did Not Terminate Her ... Mom's Book

12/21/2007 3:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Christian publishers of Lynne Spears' "delayed indefinitely" memoir, "Pop Culture Mom," are going forward with the book, but insist it's not a parenting how-to -- it's a warning!
Lynne Spears and Jamie Lynn
Thomas Nelson publishing released a statement on their website saying, "Lynne's memoir will provide a window into the real-life world of fame and worldly success, including the toll it extracts (sic) from some who aspire to it. It will provide a much-needed corrective to a world obsessed with the wrong priorities." Sounds like a perfect gift for Britney.

The statement goes on to say, "We believe in redemption. Therefore, we are standing with Lynne and her family during this difficult time. Though the book has been delayed, we believe God is at work. The story is still being written, and we are confident in His ability to turn ashes into beauty. (Isaiah 61:3) " Maybe Jamie Lynn's pregnancy is a virgin birth!

While they are still going forward with the parenting how-not-to memoir, a rep for Thomas Nelson told TMZ, "(the) Book is still delayed indefinitely with no set release date."

SHE'S AN ATTENTION WHORE

22. I am tired of all the bashing going on. This book was never about parenting. It was about a family in the spot light and how fame blew up in their face and caused a lot of problems. As far as Jamie Lynn goes, she is a child, a child who made a mistake, not like many other sixteen year olds who think they know it all. She is forced to deal with this in the public eye because of her fame. I am sure she is scared too death and very upset. For TMZ and other media outlets to call her names and joke about a very serious situation is not only immoral, it's just plain and simply not right. Report the facts and leave the name calling to the ignorant holy than thou people who make childish comments.

Posted at 3:12PM on Dec 21st 2007 by calling it like i see it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, no sale. Your point ("I am sure she is scared too death and very upset") would be correct, EXCEPT for the minor fact that SHE ANNOUNCED HER PREGNANCY IN A TABLOID MAGAZINE, WITH A 6 PAGE INTERVIEW WITH PICTURES; SHE WILL BE EARNING $1 MILLION FOR THE BABY PICTURES. She's not scared to death or upset; she's earning a huge payday for herself & her pimp/mommy by having the kid. Quoting all the religious things & remarks doesn't change the fact that this whole thing smells like one of slutney's publicity stunts; it stinks of orchestration & manipulation. There are plenty of other ways to handle this situation, yet she & her pimp/mommy chose the one of maximum publicity & sell out. As far as I'm concerned, she's another media whore who'll use this to her maximum monetary gain; not exactly the christian thing to do...

He's just another Idiot

While everyone is bashing Britney, Jamie Lynn and Mama Lynne, let's don't forget worthless K-Dud. He's laying low until after the Holidays and will again try to steal the bulk of Britney's money. That money mooching deadbeat loser makes even the Spears girls seen nice.

seb

THERE HASN'T BEEN A FAMILY MORE MESSED UP THEN THIS ONE.... OH WAIT, THE FAMILY UNDER THE STAIRS MIGHT GIVE THEM THE RUN FOR THEIR MONEY... OH WAIT,,, NOPE, NOT EVEN THEM IS AS MESSED UP AS THESE CRAZY BITCHES! JESUS! KEEP YOUR FREAKIN LEGGGGGGS CLOSE!

Jessica SImpson

4. Wonder is she will put in the book about Britneys Herpies??

Posted at 2:40PM on Dec 21st 2007 by Hollywood Azz

Does she have herpes? It certainly looks like it sometimes.

John Gordon

It's so insane, check out how she revealed it to her family in
A Spears Family Video Christmas Card:

Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney Spears and her mother Lynn Spears wish everyone a Happy Holidays in their family Video Christmas Card!

ce

maybe mama spears should pack up her girls, move to nevada, and start a brothel with her "angels" for its stars. at least then she could literally pimp her girls all she wants.

rudewaitress

You mean they ditched the original title for the book, 'Turn Your Trash Into Big $$$$'!!!!!!

dmx

#3, you are right on in what you said. Lynne wanted to be a singer too, she really belted out the tunes in the shower (according to her own words in an interview a few years back when Brit first got famous). She got hooked up with a married man, and then when he divorced she married him, he was a drinker and ran around with women (again, according to Lynne and Brit and family friends). She has tried to live her life through her daughters. (You never hear a word about her parenting her son!) And she has wallowed in Britney's money. What was she doing when Brit needed an education? What was she doing when Brit needed to be taught common sense life skills? She was not taking care of those parenting duties, and now for crying out loud, she's allowed her 16 year old to live with her boyfriend! Is that good parenting? Is that a caring mother? Is that a Christian value? Lynne is a hypocrite, She is an aging older woman who is now trying to capitalize on Brit and Jamie Lynn with a book. Warning? Maybe. But that book didn't start out to be that. They came up with that to cover their asses when Lynne's true colors were revealed.

dmx

#50, you talk as if you are in a position to really know exactly what that book is supposed to say when it comes out. You use words and phrases that nobody else has read or heard anywhere but from your lips. Where do you get your information? Are you a close personal friend of Lynne da Pimp? No, I don't think so. Jamie Lynne is a victim. Lynne Spears with her poor parenting and her arrogance and conceit set that girl up and guaranteed she'd make the mistake of having sex with her boyfriend. Lynne needs to be exposed for what she is --- white trash.

Sparticus

"calling it like i see it" and others, you people crack me up. It is amazing how you guys defend the rich and famous no matter how screwed up they are or how much of poor role models they are. There you go " leave brittny alone"!! you people are comedy! None of those people gvie a crpa about you and think you people are looooosers!!!! Also, the book was about parenting -get your facts right jack!!! These people have talent , but the "new hollowood " is dumber than a door knob!!!!! ou can thank Jerry springer for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dine

The mother is to blame for everything and the girls are spoil brads...... and thats what happens when U R born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

tami

I got pregnant with my son at the same age. I can tell you from experience that It is extremely irresponsible to give any more attention to this Jamie Lynn. What should be talked about is the fact that teenage pregnancy changes a girls entire life. And I do mean ENTIRE.

Like most teenage mom’s, I did not have the resources that Jamie Lynn has. No offers of a million dollars for my baby’s first pics and no offer of marriage from my son’s father.

In order to make sure my son had every advantage of other children, I had to put him first at ALL times and in EVERY way. And even then I had to live with the guilt that no matter what I did, to some extent my son was disadvantaged. I will never be convinced that keeping him wasn’t the most selfish decision I ever made.

My son is just about to graduate from college and I couldn’t be more proud of him. He has a wonderful future ahead of him. He is an incredible person!! Now my task is to figure out how to make sure that I am not a burden on him. I am basically back to where I was at 16, trying to figure out what to do with my life. My son is still at a disadvantage because of me and I still feel guilty.

Teenage pregnancy is extremely complicated there is no way to fully comprehend the implications without the maturity and experience of an adult. There is no way Jamie Lynn Spears is an appropriate example, and neither her or her mom should be given any more attention.

Sparticus

On the next Jerry Springer Episode. "Jami Lynn discuss her "baby daddy" and his problems with Diaper changing-He rather be out being a teenager " it's going to be a good show folks!!!

Trying to raise decent children

Not only do I NOT want to read a book by Ms. Spears telling me how to parent , I also do NOT need Nickelodeon doing a news report on sex and love. Neither Nick. nor Ms. Spears has any business telling me or my children how to live. It's obvious both of these (as well as Disney) have failed miserably at setting up role models for the younger generation.
Nickelodeon, if you're listening (and you should be), don't waste your time and money trying to put a band aid on the mess you've made. News flash...NO ONE IS GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU! The only mothers and children tuning into your idea of a sex/love news report would be Britney and her kids. Get it?

Michelle

I honestly don't understand get why she got pregnant. I mean obviously she had sex, but with all of the money that her family has, she could have bought herself some birth control and contraceptives. Obviously her mother never did the parenting thing where you teach your kids to be responsible when they have sex. If high school girls with no money who grow up in the projects can manage to get birth control why can't Jamie Lynn? Maybe she wanted this to happen for attention or she just wanted someone to love her because her mother saw her as a product to sell.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments