Tossed Out Tori Amos Fan: Diva, Please!

12/23/2007 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Last week, singer Tori Amos lost it and threw two fans out of her show for talking. Now Monique -- one of the booted ladies -- gives her side of the story. Amos might not stay so famous after this!

Ex-fan Monique posted a blog on her MySpace page addressing the confrontation, saying, "All I was doing was telling my friend who went to the restroom that I couldn't believe she missed her favorite song by Tori ... and Tori had the f**king DIVA audacity to stop her song and tell me to leave just because I was talking about how amazing her live rendition was." Flattery will get you nowhere -- except thrown out!

Monique went on to write, "Guess my First Amendment rights were taken away at the door." Clearly at a Tori Amos concert -- you better sit straight ... and silent!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Reannadmc

I went to Tori's show and I am a big fan, therefore I know how the shows are and how she is. She is not a diva, she is an actual artist. I think that there are two sides to a story and I doubt very highly that Tori would throw someone out for talking. I was in the front row, I talked to my friends and she didn't throw me out. I think that it is more likely that she was talking loudly and being disruptive. I know that I had to go to the bathroom and I know that I wasn't going to go because I wouldn't get my place back, that might have been the problem also, if she were a real fan then she wouldn't have left her place and she would have been embarrased about getting thrown out. And to all of the people that put her down, just go and listen to some Britney Spears album or turn the radio on, that is who your daughters can look up to. Why is it when someone speaks their mind they are bitch? The only thing she did wrong is throw someone out of a show for disrupting others and give a stellar performance to the rest, give it a break.

Ashley

" Makes me sick hearing the crowd cheer her ego on! That girl will fall from grace soon enough! Be a biotchy one on stage and lose fans ...I don't even know this person and now i'm for sure i wouldn't buy any of her music..." I agree to that. I don't know this girl at all and I don't even like her. She will pay for it one day.

Reality

Tori who?

amazon woman

I'm boycotting tori, Cant talk at her concerts??? It's a privledge??? I'm sure those concert goers paid for those seats, I doubt they were "privledged" with free seats. Stuck up B!+ch. I never owned any of her albums and now i never will.. She's not PRIVLEDGED enough to have me as a fan!!!!

kingac

But see that's the thing all you fools don't realize. Tori already has a fan base. A loyal fan base that's quite huge. And something like this is *not* going to affect her ticket sales. In fact it'll just bring more jerks out to her shows and increase her sales from people that are hoping they can witness something like this. She sells a ton of albums already. She's had around 8 regular albums and a greatest hits comp. Not to mention all the singles, soundtrack bits, etc. Her first album was relased in 92, and this is a tour for her album released this past year. She's even had a couple of songs in the top 40 over the years. You people are just ignorant. No wonder why things like this happen. You have no clue, and make asses of yourselves on a regular basis, and then want to have no accountability for it.

Who cares if you aren't going to buy an album of hers? You didn't before, so doesn't that denote that it didn't change anything? I can't believe how simple minded most of you are.

On a side note, if you've been to a Tori show, she doesn't play like huge arenas, she plays CONCERT HALLS. Security can't just up and run into an ailse to grab someone out right away. And she can't just walk off stage to get someone to do it. She doesn't have a billion ppl around her on the stage. All singer songwriters play at smaller venues, and it's harder to deal with things, and LOUD noises carry and are distracting.

As for the bathroom thing.... that's sometimes the venues option as well. Haven't you ppl ever gone to a broadway show or play? Most of them do the same thing. Why? Because in the small forum people are SITTING, not STANDING. It's disruptive to have to let people just get up and down the whole show. THAT'S WHY THEY ONLY LET PPL BACK AT CERTAIN TIMES.

Get some culture and class. And no comments that b/c she flipped the bird she has no class. I'm sure you've flipped the bird plenty of times yourselves. Don't get all self righteous.

D-D

So let me get this straight. If you show up late you are not admitted. If you talk you are thrown out. If you have to use the rest room during the show you either hold it or if you must get up you lost your spot.

The last time I recall someone running something like this was Hitler. Thank God the fans are aloud to leave at the end.

equal opportunity offender

69. First, who is tori amos?? a spawn from a "reality" show or amerikan idul?

wow... are you from Istanbul? i mean... wow...i don't even know how to respond to this.. amerikan idul? WTF?

Margo

It's HER concert! She has a right to do hat she wants! YOU GO TORI!

Lou Lou

Even if these two women were being loud, I agree with other posters who have commented on Tori's behavior as rude and despicable. I mean, doesn't she have security she can motion to, or send word to, to escort these women out, if they truly were being such a nuisance? I think Tori showed to be very condescending, and it makes me much less interested in her music - I have been a fan of hers since 1998, but slowly over the years, I have grown to like her and her music less.

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

Who in their right mind would waste time and money to go see this has been pig?? She sucks!!

TROLL SMASHERS

EVERYONE THAT IS SICK & TIRED OF THOSE MILLIONAIRE DATING ADS DISGUISED AS POSTS HERE IS THE COMPLETE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE OWNER OF THAT SITE:

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN...
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WEALTHYROMANCE.COM
Created on: 23-Jul-07
Expires on: 23-Jul-08
Last Updated on: 23-Jul-07

Du, Qiang qdu@aol.com
800 West El Camino Real, #180
Mountain View, California 94040
United States
(650) 906-0405 Fax --

tired of cry baby

her1st amendment rights were left at the door ? oh god please. the fat slob should have just keep her mouth shut, why would tori just lose it for a small comment like that ? typical black chick was probably acting like she was at the movies

cochino

I'm with Tori. Not everyone cares about what song your friend missed. It's not like you can tell her later when she returns to her seat. I bet you're the type who talks on the phone during movies too.

Get a clue and have some courtesy for those around you

DapperDan

If this had been a rock concert, I'd disagree with Tori Amos. But this looks more like a sit down piano type music so the girls should show respect not just for Tori Amos but for the fans around them. It sucks to pay to go to a concert only to have it ruined by pesk talking people.

the lost

Having FANS is a privilige or you would be NOTHING, Tori! What a bitch, I don't even think Madonna would do something like that. Tori Amos deserves to have no one go to her shows ever again, stupid ungreatful spoilt DIVA BITCH.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments