Tossed Out Tori Amos Fan: Diva, Please!

12/23/2007 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Last week, singer Tori Amos lost it and threw two fans out of her show for talking. Now Monique -- one of the booted ladies -- gives her side of the story. Amos might not stay so famous after this!

Ex-fan Monique posted a blog on her MySpace page addressing the confrontation, saying, "All I was doing was telling my friend who went to the restroom that I couldn't believe she missed her favorite song by Tori ... and Tori had the f**king DIVA audacity to stop her song and tell me to leave just because I was talking about how amazing her live rendition was." Flattery will get you nowhere -- except thrown out!

Monique went on to write, "Guess my First Amendment rights were taken away at the door." Clearly at a Tori Amos concert -- you better sit straight ... and silent!

Brett Watson

If I pay to see a concert, show or movie, and the other patrons of that concert are loud or anoying enough to effect the performer! then they deserve to get the the hell kicked out. If you can't keep quiet stick to watching DVDs.

Tori can decide to sit quietly and say nothing, ask them to politely leave or even shout at them. It's her show, it's her character it's her perogative.

If you don't like it. Write music, get fans, put on your own show and do it your way.

Brett

Anonymous

Okay, I watched the video, and while I do think that Tori should have used a different method of ejecting the girls from her show than cussing them out, I also think that Monique is making this stuff up about her being the perfectly-behaved audience member. If Monique was telling the truth:
#1. The audience wouldn't have been cheering so much over mistreatment of a fan. There's obviously a reason they were GLAD she was being forced to leave.
#2. There wouldn't be so many people on here saying that they were at the concert (or know someone else who was) and saying that Monique and her friends WERE being disruptive.
#3. If the girls were talking/whispering as quietly as Monique would have us believe, there's absolutely NO way Tori would have heard them from the stage, even though they were in the front row.

Obviously, Monique was humiliated in front of a large group of people, but she doesn't want to own up to any wrongdoing, so in order to get back at Tori, she writes this vicious, mostly fabricated story. How sad and childish. Does anyone know if this girl is still in high school or what? Because that's the way teenagers act. "Boy, is SHE ever gonna be sorry for kicking ME out of her show when I get through with her! I'll turn people against her, that'll REALLY show her! Yeah!" *Rolls my eyes* Whining about her rights being taken away was just as pathetic because the other audience members had just as much of a right to be able to enjoy the show they paid to hear without someone else interrupting.

And those of you who are saying that you should be able to do whatever you want just because you paid for the ticket have obviously never been in a university lecture where the professor kicks you out of class for talking. You're paying their salary, but they can still kick you out for disrupting everyone else who also paid and AREN'T bothering other people. Tori was just doing the same thing. The girls' behavior apparently warranted being kicked out. Tori chose to honor the hundreds of other fans who also paid to hear the show (and NOT to hear those gabbing girls), so good for her. If she loses fans for choosing respectful fans over a pair of nasty, vindictive little teenage bitches, then perhaps these aren't really "fans" she needs in the first place.

And no, I am not a Tori Amos fan. I don't even listen to any of her music. I'm just disgusted that this "Monique" person is telling lies and trying to ruin someone's career out of pure spite for something that was obviously her own damn fault to begin with.

Erica

113. Anti-Tori here!! Bitch! It may be a privilege to get front row but if I pay for the ticket I'll talk if I want to.

Posted at 5:25PM on Dec 24th 2007 by Chana

yes, and I am sure you could care less about the people sitting next to you or behind you that paid fo their tickets and have to listen to you conversation instead of hearing the show they paid for. If You try doing that with me, Then you had better be prepared to pay full face value for my tickets on the spot.
You have no manners.

Erica

Tori has a huge and loyal fan base for more than 14 years now. Most of her fans go to her shows to see and hear her perform, not some nitwit teenager on a phone in the front row.
Way to go Tori!

Erica

Clearly Monique is lacking a proper education if she truly believes her First Amendment rights were violated.
Poor sad little uneducated cretan.

KC

Way to go, Tori...that was even better than Barbra Streisand telling the heckler at her concert to "Shut the F**k up!"..Tori wasn't acting like a DIVA...she was acting like Tori..anyone who is a fan of Tori knows that she is brutally frank and honest, in her lyrics and in her interviews. Obviously something was going on in the front row that's not being told right, because the music being played is kind of loud as it is. It may have messed up your night, Monique, being thrown out, but oh well, I hate it for you.

wwp

As many others have pointed out, LOL at the whole "Guess my First Amendment rights were taken away at the door" statement. I swear, can this chick be more ignorant? I guess she was absent the day they taught civics in civics class.

The reality is that monique was probably an rude, loudmouth, obnoxious twit through the entire show because it's really, really, REALLY unlikely that Amos managed to hear just one comment over lights and music. The chick was just being a monument ass and got called on it. whinner.

lul

WAY TO GO TORI!! all you haters who don't even listen to her music or know what she's done...????????why do you comment!!!! tori is an amazingly talented person...if she did this is because there was a very good reason....and yes it is her show! if you ruin it these are the consequences... these 2 girls were really disrespectful for the whole f show!!!!! this was at the end...and yes it was too much of it!!! i cant believe you people defend this monique who wrote two stupid lines about what happened....who is monique?? a stup*d c*nt of course!!

Mike

Tori Amos is a big sell out anyways. Im guessing she doesn't need her rape story to sell albums anymore.

Mike

Every performer knows how annoying it is to hear talking when you're trying to work. Especially when they're there to see you. Performers have the right to kick anyone out.. But it's not worth doing it, trust me. You can lose a lot of respect that way.

lushvalley

Whatever...I've seen the video. Tori had every right to toss them out! Go Team Tori!

L

dakota

They deserved to be thrown out, if you want to talk do it somewhere else, what idiots. It is a rare privledge to sit in the front row at her concert, and they were ruining other peoples time, they totally deserved it and then some. Ha Ha

CURIOUS

First Ammendment being taken away at the door??? Oh puhleaze! When you go into a paid venue, there is are rules like no taking of photos or recording devices. It is COURTESY that is lacking in many such events. So Monique, it makes me wonder how loud or for how long you were telling your friend about the song she missed. And how considerate of you to tell your friend something SO important it couldn't wait till a break came up in between songs.

Sorry, no pity for you here. I think if you were loud enough to be heard by Tori, you deserved to be tossed out. Imagine what those sitting around you were hearing...did they need to? But I guess it was more important for you to tell your friend she missed her favorite song. Like that was gonna make anyone feel any better....or maybe just you. I'm kinda thinking you like the sound of your own voice.

CURIOUS

127. Until these famous DIVA A#$Holes start paying me to go see them, then I'll sit and not say a word and enjoy the show. But if I'm paying to see your ass perform "sing and dance little monkey", then I should be able to do whatever the hell I want at your show. Take off all my clothes, drink some beer, throw up at my seat, smoke inside, laugh it up...WHATEVER, these people would be noone without us buying their CD's, or going to see their movies, whatever. It's pathetic. If I was the girls that got thrown out, I'd demand my money from Torn Anus.

Posted at 12:13PM on Dec 27th 2007 by L

see....you seem to be the type of person who has NO RESPECT for others. you pay your money so you should do whatever you want. (if) you pay rent where you live, you can't just do whatever you want. it's all about what YOU want to do, regardless of how it affects others. it's people like you who cause such turmoil in the world WE ALL live in.

yea, i dare ya...go ahead. go to a venue and take your clothes off, puke in your seat, smoke or be loud. see if the management doesn't throw your ass out or have you arrested.