B2K Manager: Sexual Abuse Claims are Crap

12/24/2007 4:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Stokes (center), who managed the band B2K before they broke up, is vehemently denying allegations he sexually abused former member Demario "Raz-B" Thorton (right) and his brother, Ricardo aka Ricky Romance (left).

The allegations, which surfaced on YouTube, include improper touching and outright molestation. Interestingly, both alleged victims can be heard generally accusing Stokes, but for the most part their statements lack specifics.

Stokes released this statement:

"The accusations that Demario "Raz B" Thorton and Ricardo Thorton have made are vehemently false and hold no merit. I have recently stopped financially supporting both individuals along with assisting them with their criminal and legal matters which leads me to believe they are resentful and looking to benefit financially from this."

The statement continues: "My family is my first priority and the reason why I have been so supportive of them. In bringing these false claims, they have not only slandered me, they have also put me in a position to ensure that the truth is known and I will take all legal routes to protect myself, my family and my four children ... It's also quite ironic that these statements were made only 2 weeks after they were denied admittance by a venue for an event I hosted in Beverly Hills."

SARA

#17 -- you are a disgusting human being! Are you a music producer too, a child molester?! Have you been raped yourself?! Sounds like you are very informed about how the game is played.

des

if u watch and listen closely when he is talking to chris stoke son the phone, i think video 2 chris admits to it but says " don't do that now. i always knew something wasn't right about chris stokes. i NEVER liked him. i hope he go to jail.

thisenvy

What's ironic is the fact that a moron used the word "irony" in a sentence without knowing what it means.
He saw Raz & his mom show up at the event with a camera in tow and decided to shut them out. He knew what was going down. Anyone in the industry knows Chris is a shady mofo, hence the reason he does business only with and for himself.

Yucks!

Damn! Damn! Damn!

thisenvy

After reading some comments on here, it proves this is the EXACT reason why a lot of victims do NOT come forward right away. They're afraid NO ONE will believe them (such as the idiot that posted comment #17). B2K have nothing to gain from this. They had to go through a whole bunch of legal steps just to be able to record as a group again (minus Omarion) b/c Chris had control over every copyright and every detail of their lives. They were finally able to break free of legal obligations in order to get their dream back on track as recording artists. Don't be naive. I think Raz is a decent human being for finally standing up and speaking out. He shouldn't have to live his life shrouded in shame while Chris Stokes continue to profit off and take advantage of more boys that are now in his place.

Yucks!

So That's why Omarion made that song called "TOUCH"!!!?

flygurl

Not sayin Chris DID it, not sayin he DIDNT do it. But the reality is that the Ricky Romance video (I could not even get TRHOUGH the entire thing cause he cussed too d*mn much and used the n word too d&mn much.) But the video looked spliced. Chris Stokes could have been answering any question when he said I don't do that no more( don't party no more, I got kids. I don't loan yall borke azzes money no more yall grown...ANYTHING). Raz- Bs vid was MUCH easier to get through and he made his point without all the cursing and posturing. Still not saying he DID something or DIDNT do something. I guess time will tell. What is done in the dark will come to light...or not.

flygurl

spell check probably would have helped on that previous post huh? yah think?

Tonya

This story is extremely disturbing but more so are the comments. It does not matter when or why child abuse victims come out. These men are couragous for doing so and it does not matter if they are now gay or not. They were CHILDREN. Chris Stokes should have his day in court and people like Al Sharpton should be forefront now making sure that happens. These men have put everything on the line to tell their story and maybe they waited until after they lost fame but Chris Stokes first stripped away these boy's dignity and possibly others with the abuse and then to deny them a way to make a living surely made them break their silence now. It is easier to abuse a relative (they are his cousins) because they normally trust the pervert and can be controlled into keeping secrets. Most kids don't want to disrupt their family. I do wish parents would stop turning their backs and pimping their kids for a little bit of money and fame. Stardom is such a drug that it has everyone blinded to reality. Teach kids it's ok to be normal people and you can be successful in life without fame. I usually bypass all of the stupid stories about stars on TMZ, however this should be on CNN and other news outlets. Many children are being forced to grow up much too fast in Hollywood and there should be laws out there to stop this exploitation of our children. Put more working adults to work and stop sexuallizing kids Hollywood!!

Bird

It's about time TMZ. I guess you wanted to wait for Chester the Molester to respond before you posted the story. I don't really care about Ricardo's segment. He represented himself very poorly and I hope he learns how to speak proper English when addressing a wide audience. On the other hand, I believe Raz B 100%. I think it is very courageous for him to finally deal with this issue that has been dogging him for years. I hope more of Chris' victims will speak up now and maybe he can share a cell with R. Kelly.

Bird

Oh yeah, lest we forget, Raz B is also implicating Marques Houston. It seems he is also a victim of Chris Stokes who became a victimizer. I pray that he gets help. As a matter of fact, I hope Chris gets help as well. I'm sure he would prefer not to lust for young boys.

lolatilly

I agree with previous comments, Chris stokes without a doubt molested and took advantage of these boys. He obviously supported these guys financially through the years to keep them quiet. TMZ you should be ashamed of yourself. You appear to back up this child molester making it appear he is innocent by putting his statement. Where are the statements from the other boys. Just because a man has money and has gained power in the entertainment industry does not make him innocent of such charges. I sincerely hope these former band members bring this pervert to trial and send him to jail. I don't care if he says he has changed like he did on the youtube video. I dont care if he says he is a new man. You ruined these boys lives and you need to be in prison! I too no longer visit TMZ. you all are late with the news and your reporting is so one sided.

MINIX00

The allegations of Raz B and his brother are true.. on the tape you can clearly hear Stokes saying "I dont do that ANYMORE" which led me to believe he did things with underage little boys before... And the only artist on his label are boys... so.. i think that says it all....

DaveRog

I can't wait for the truth to come out about Backstreet Boys and N'Synch. Wait until one of those boys gets desperate enough to talk...or did they already?

Party 'till you die!